Alcohol banned for 48 hours from midnight tonight - it's all about suffering!

webfact

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Spock said:

Fair enough but nanny countries are not where I would choose to live or visit. Their country, their rules, my choice of where to live. Despite speaking Thai quite well, I prefer Cambodia these days.

But you are obviously still missing Thailand, otherwise why would you still frequent TV forum. 

6 hours ago, overherebc said:

Have to admit it must be a bit of a bummer for first time holiday makers who get to the restaurant and then find out they can't have a glass of vino collapso with their meal.

I don't think the question can I drink alcohol with my meals in Thailand is asked by many when booking.

They shouldnt be drinking alcohol anyway !

the 48hr alcahol ban doesnt worry me one iota. i could stock up from 7/11 prior to midnight, but i seldom drink at my condo.

it doesnt matter what us foreigners think about thai religous holidays..

but i do feel sorry for tourists who come to pattaya on a short stay- to experience the night life..

the bars are sooo dead with their subdued music and lights...

for me, its no problem--i only go to bars 5 or 6 times per month...i make those nights extra enjoyable..more fun with the ladies than the booze.

1 minute ago, the guest said:

Talk about imposing your ideology on visitors, who only want a pleasant stay.

They just have some some idea of values which westerners wouldnt understand . Your in their country respect their culture .

Just now, Tongjaw said:

But you are obviously still missing Thailand, otherwise why would you still frequent TV forum. 

Because I visit Thai friends and I have an interest in Thai affairs.

6 hours ago, DLock said:

Buddhist holidays and alcohol bans always make me smile.

The same old miserable drunks trying to rationalize how it's not fair for the non Buddhist's or tourists on holidays or small businesses or how they can beat the law and buy from Mom and Pop stores, or sadly sit in a dimly lit bar drinking beer from coffee mugs.

It's like a Groundhog Day thread.

I think you will have to explain 'Groundhog' day.

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

If they can't have a couple of days without alcohol, obeying the laws of the country, they probably have an alcohol problem. This may Werth help then to realize it.

Rubbish. Perhaps you have the scientific proof to justify an alcohol problem.

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Thailand has a very large percent of people suffering from the disease of alcoholism. Many go to the temple for 3 months to abstain. Sadly, 99% of them relapse during awk pansaa.

Link, please to justify your assertions. It is scientifically proven that abstainers have a shorter longevity than drinkers.

6 hours ago, Longcut said:

Correct, but it says you cannot purchase it. How does a tourist purchase alcohol while on vacation. Do you expect them to stock up like a local?

Why would the government ban the purchase of alcohol if they didn't want you to drink it?

Perhaps they're puritans?

8 hours ago, wgdanson said:

If they are such devout Buddhists, they should not be drinking in the first place, so nothing to give up.

And the ban is on selling and distribution of alcohol.........not consuming it. Get stocked up.

Quite agree - we have the same suggestion every "Buddha Day"!

Archived