Kenyan teachers working in the north east among thousands arrested by immigration in July

webfact

Kenyan teachers working in the north east among thousands arrested by immigration in July

6pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang and his teams at a press conference on Saturday announced the result of their work in keeping Thailand free of illegal and law breaking foreigners.

He was acting on orders from the top - prime minister Prayut Chan-ocha and DPM Prawit Wongsuwon via the RTP chief Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda, said Naew Na.

In the period of 1st to 12th July 2,117 arrests were made of illegal immigrants (883) people on overstay (28), workers without work permits (44), those wanted on warrants (13) and 927 other unspecified violations. 

Some 222 people were turned back at borders. 

The most interesting cases, according to Naew Na, were as follows:

1. Nong Khai immigration arrested Ya Ming Pai from Myanmar on a warrant issued on June 27th for assault with menaces. Miss Ubon Mohrasee, 38, had reported to police that he had beaten her up and told her he would kill her if she told the authorities. 

2. In Nong Bua Lamphu Ms Gichuhi Gladwell and Lawrence Muiruri, both 28 year old Kenyans, were arrested for working without a work permit. In addition Mr Muiruri was on 523 days overstay.

They had been teaching at a school in Sri Bunreuang. They will be deported and blacklisted.

3. South Asian arrests. 

a) Amnat Charoen immigration arrested Akhilesh Nishad, 31, from India, for working without a permit and on 432 days overstay.

b) Khon Kaen immigration arrested Khalid Shah, 48, from Pakistan for working without a permit and illegal work.

c) Shivam Shukla, 17, from India was arrested for working without a permit. 

4. Thai murderer.

Immigration in Mukdahan arrested Narong "Boy" Rortcharoen, 32, on a warrant issued in Prajuab Khiri Khan for murder, concealment of a corpse and tampering with a corpse. 

They were acting on information from the Thap Sakae police who examined phone signals and suspected that the suspect was fleeing across the border to Laos. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-15

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, webfact said:

They had been teaching at a school in Sri Bunreuang. They will be deported and blacklisted.

The school did no background checks on teachers working with young children? Now that IS criminal.

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

2. In Nong Bua Lamphu Ms Gichuhi Gladwell and Lawrence Muiruri, both 28 year old Kenyans, were arrested for working without a work permit. In addition Mr Muiruri was on 523 days overstay.

I also hope they will fine the school(s) according to fines that was adjusted a while ago. I think it was 800 000 baht for letting teachers theach without work permitt and required documentation. As well as the foreigners should be fined 400 000 for the same reason.

I guess for the poor schools who really care for their students but can't afford a legal teacher, The illegal ones are better then none.. 

But then again, we don't really want these issan peasants exposed to any western ideas Na... Ye.. blacklist and deport !

I have seen a lot of the opposite.

A friend she is a professional teacher for 20 years,

had to do police certificate. Double triple check her original 

diploma and cerfificates and many other trouble, just to 

get her papers in order. This is never published that way.

Must always be fair and show both sides.

Further, I have never see any actions against Thai scammers,

ripoff and dual pricing. Where is the police to get all the motorcyclists

from the sidewalks??????

20 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

I have seen a lot of the opposite.

A friend she is a professional teacher for 20 years,

had to do police certificate. Double triple check her original 

diploma and cerfificates and many other trouble, just to 

get her papers in order. This is never published that way.

Must always be fair and show both sides.

Further, I have never see any actions against Thai scammers,

ripoff and dual pricing. Where is the police to get all the motorcyclists

from the sidewalks??????

Does not happen you drink too much the next 48hrs should fix you up

Apparently there are many (idiots) who do not read the news or keep up with the latest trends and still think that Thailand is a safe haven for penniless drifters, fleeing fugitives and career criminals.  

3 hours ago, webfact said:

In the period of 1st to 12th July 2,117 arrests were made of illegal immigrants (883) people on overstay (28), workers without work permits (44), those wanted on warrants (13) and 927 other unspecified violations.

So what i am reading is BJ lied when he said all overstays and Illegals were rounded up.

This means that 2117 people (and more) have snuck in since that statement !!!!!. Must

be something wrong with immagration points. OMG i hope no officials are taking bribes.

3 hours ago, LongTang said:

I guess for the poor schools who really care for their students but can't afford a legal teacher, The illegal ones are better then none.. 

But then again, we don't really want these issan peasants exposed to any western ideas Na... Ye.. blacklist and deport !

36 minutes ago, thequietman said:

No westerners involved!

By learning the English language.. Like Daaa

1 hour ago, Alfred Gruetzner said:

Just do not work in Thailand without workpermit, just do not overstay visa, . Foreigners are guests in Thailand and should strictly observe Thai laws. 

It's as easy as that and you have no problems at all in Thailand. 

Well, of course you could still get run over by a bus driver who didn't strictly observe Thai traffic laws.

Right after the start of our first term, the school wanted all of us to go to the police station to get fingerprinted.

It's okay for me, got nothing to hide, no dead bodies under my bed.

But wouldn't it be fair when they check on Thai teachers as well? I mean those who use their position to abuse kids.

We've got a face scanner at school, now I'm fingerprinted, what's following next? Perhaps an alcohol and drug test for foreign teachers? 

Thailand, what has happened to the Land, a while ago still called The Land of Smiles? The Smiles are gone.  

10 minutes ago, thequietman said:

The article is about Kenyans. Last time I looked at a map, they weren't in the West. Duhhhhhh ????

OMG let me explain it to your real slowly:

People who are being taught English can later browse the internet and read\listen to various western ideas that do not exactly coincide with the current regime ones. 

Kapish?

3 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Right after the start of our first term, the school wanted all of us to go to the police station to get fingerprinted.

It's okay for me, got nothing to hide, no dead bodies under my bed.

But wouldn't it be fair when they check on Thai teachers as well? I mean those who use their position to abuse kids.

We've got a face scanner at school, now I'm fingerprinted, what's following next? Perhaps an alcohol and drug test for foreign teachers? 

Thailand, what has happened to the Land, a while ago still called The Land of Smiles? The Smiles are gone.  

I think they are trying to tell you in a very subtle way that you are no longer welcomed to teach here and they really rather you just go away..

https://www.facebook.com/lawrence.muiruri.96   Apparently had worked in Sukhothai previously and claimed to have left Thailand to return to Kenya in January 2018 - It would seem he may have been engaged by an Agency using false or misleading credentials to promote their client as a qualified Teacher , with the required Permits , Licences and Visa .

However Immigration Bureau of District 4 have found otherwise . No doubt the School will be seeking a more suitable and legal replacement ( at least let's hope so ! ) .

Teachers deported... great idea. The thai educational system is such good shape dispite what their own government department has stated is in the crapper! Overstay... is one thing... but could the teachers actually be doing something good for their students and so for Thailand? Or is it simply because they are from Africa? 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang and his teams at a press conference on Saturday announced the result of their work in keeping Thailand free of illegal and law breaking foreigners.

The result of their work will be the complete lack of foreign English teachers. Good luck Thailand in trying to educate your children for the future ahead, mind you looking at where these teachers come from I can understand why the kids cannot understand a word.

China is going to eat you alive within a decade.

2 hours ago, LongTang said:

OMG let me explain it to your real slowly:

People who are being taught English can later browse the internet and read\listen to various western ideas that do not exactly coincide with the current regime ones. 

Kapish?

But English is the official language of ASEAN, is it not?

When you pay peanuts how do you expect to get good English speaking teachers? 

So the jobs are filled by English speakers as a second language like Kenya's, Indian's, phillipinos and Chinese as the schools don't want to pay to make them legal and it results in their deportation and blacklisting while the schools go unpunished.

7 hours ago, LongTang said:

Kenyans are not westerners.

Archived