Kenyan teachers working in the north east among thousands arrested by immigration in July

webfact

34 minutes ago, sniggie said:

But English is the official language of ASEAN, is it not?

In some countries here it depends on the size of your Internet firewall.

I'm sure that after the Chinese submarines The Chinese firewall will be next..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I guess Kenyan teachers working without WP in Isaan is low hanging fruit really ... way-to-go as not as if they blend in too well. Also, you have to ask about what they were thinking? Did they really think it would fly for long under the present situation?   

4 hours ago, Alfred Gruetzner said:

Just do not work in Thailand without workpermit, just do not overstay visa, . Foreigners are guests in Thailand and should strictly observe Thai laws. 

It's as easy as that and you have no problems at all in Thailand. 

From now on I vill strictly observe ze laws

iu.jpg

4 hours ago, thequietman said:

No westerners involved!

24 minutes ago, AdamKnight said:

Kenyans are not westerners.

12 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Is Kenya East or West of Thailand?

3 hours ago, LongTang said:

OMG let me explain it to your real slowly:

People who are being taught English can later browse the internet and read\listen to various western ideas that do not exactly coincide with the current regime ones. 

Kapish?

Come on guys, some originality here..

First build an internet firewall, then you can teach the peasants some English.

Not that I want to encourage breaking immigration or alien labor laws, but Thailand has only itself to blame for creating a market for exactly these kinds of transgressions.  They could easily fix it, or at least make huge improvements via some fairly obvious and easily-implemented policy changes.  For some reason they choose not to do so.

40 minutes ago, attrayant said:

For some reason they choose not to do so.

And then whine about the bad level of English proficiency.

40 minutes ago, attrayant said:

They could easily fix it, or at least make huge improvements via some fairly obvious and easily-implemented policy changes.

And even in remote Isan they would have to pay acceptable salary.

I don't know from experience but rumor is that the African teachers will work for 20k or less?

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Was a follower of Private Eye in the 70's, you??

Maybe the fact you asked is because you thought it was actually a manual.

Inane pointless question. The issues is competency, education and immigration. Learn to follow a topic....

10 hours ago, webfact said:

illegal immigrants (883) people on overstay (28), workers without work permits (44), those wanted on warrants (13) and 927 other unspecified violations. 

So, I wonder what the 927 others did?  Failed to update their TM30s, TM28s and 90 day reports?

7 hours ago, Alfred Gruetzner said:

Just do not work in Thailand without workpermit, just do not overstay visa, . Foreigners are guests in Thailand and should strictly observe Thai laws. 

Rather optimistic..

13 hours ago, LongTang said:

I guess for the poor schools who really care for their students but can't afford a legal teacher, The illegal ones are better then none.. 

But then again, we don't really want these issan peasants exposed to any western ideas Na... Ye.. blacklist and deport !

What the authorities really don't want is the peasants to get an education.  That's leads them to realise they are being shat on from above by the rich and powerful and is the catalyst for revolution.  It's coming. 

18 hours ago, LongTang said:

I guess for the poor schools who really care for their students but can't afford a legal teacher, The illegal ones are better then none.. 

But then again, we don't really want these issan peasants exposed to any western ideas Na... Ye.. blacklist and deport !

I don't think a Kenyan could teach much about "western" anything and I would doubt his credentials if he had any at all. All of us "expats" have been around long enough to know that there are places to get phony credentials and they look quite impressive.

19 hours ago, Alfred Gruetzner said:

You forget “spread their money” before leaving empty pockets!

"They were acting on information from the Thap Sakae police who examined phone signals and suspected that the suspect was fleeing across the border to Laos",..The real organized international criminals know this.  

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:33 PM, LongTang said:

What a load of BS to condemn deporting people who break the law.

22 hours ago, UnkleMoooose said:

I hope "tampering with a corpse" doesn't mean what I think it does.

It probably doesn't :just moving a corpse from the site of its demise to a place of concealment (like drag it out of your room into the hallway and put it in a trash bag might be enough for these additional charges) 

23 hours ago, Alfred Gruetzner said:

Yeah, foreigners should strictly observe Thai laws, while the native world champion scoff laws break just about every law in the Thai law code :What has observing or breaking the law to do with being a foreigner, other than that the one penalty Thais are exempted from is deportation. 

What is a couple of foreigners teaching English without a work permit (in a country where most of the English teachers can't even speak English) compared to the daily carnage on Thai roads or Mister Red Bull Coke and booze befuddled zipping through downtown Bangkok at 200 kph killing a cop and dragging his corpse down Sukhumvit Rd. :He was allowed to deport himself and is now traveling around the world living the dream. 

23 hours ago, johng50 said:

So what i am reading is BJ lied when he said all overstays and Illegals were rounded up.

This means that 2117 people (and more) have snuck in since that statement !!!!!. Must

be something wrong with immagration points. OMG i hope no officials are taking bribes.

Maybe you're not really thinking too deeply about it.

Every day at midnight new overstayers appear when their visa expires. I don't think they come in at night sneaking through borders or by sea using muffled oars ????

Maybe at the the time he stated the fact no overstayers existed.  However, at midnight new ones appeared. ????

On 7/15/2019 at 3:39 PM, MeePeeMai said:

Apparently there are many (idiots) who do not read the news or keep up with the latest trends and still think that Thailand is a safe haven for penniless drifters, fleeing fugitives and career criminals.  

Does that exclude the already rich scammers who're here on a fake passport? 

Archived