Two escape injury as car splits in two, bursts into flames in Bangkok

webfact

Two escape injury as car splits in two, bursts into flames in Bangkok

7pm.jpg

Thai caption: Car split into two. 

PICTURES: Sanook

A Thai man and his girlfriend escaped totally uninjured after he lost control on the expressway slip road leading to Ngam Wong Wan Road and his car split into two and caught fire. 

Sanook reported that Pol Capt Yongyuth of the Muang Nonthaburi police at the scene of the accident early in the morning expected to find victims in the front of the car. 

It was ten meters from the rear half that had exploded in flames. The fire was put out by the expressway fire team. 

vlcsnap-2019-07-14-10h41m37s515_1563079109.jpg

But the front of the car was empty. 

Sitting on grass nearby was the driver Thai, 29, and his girlfriend. Thai had a slight red mark on his neck but that was all. 

He said he had been taking his girlfriend home when he hit a rock and lost control. As he collided with a barrier the car split in two and the airbags deployed. He couldn't see much after that. 

vlcsnap-2019-07-14-10h42m26s570_1563079101.jpg

He took off his seat belt and helped his girlfriend too.

He said that wearing seat belts saved their lives.

A crane was used to clear up the mess and keep the area safe. 

vlcsnap-2019-07-14-10h42m17s373_1563079105.jpg

Thai was taken in for questioning and looks set to face negligent driving charges when the CCTV has been examined. 

vlcsnap-2019-07-14-10h43m17s374_1563079103.jpg

vlcsnap-2019-07-14-10h40m22s440_1563079107.jpg

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-15

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thai was taken in for questioning and looks set to face negligent driving charges when the CCTV has been examined.

Always thought the bill for the clean up should be added to the fine, including the police hours for those fine young hard working officers disturbed from their crystal saga

Just now, keith101 said:

possibly as a result of a dodgy cut and shut which you might expect here .

And exactly why a wise person should never buy a secondhand car in Thailand given the number of car wrecks daily and no checking of back yard repairers,

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I can't quite see the make or model from the photos. It looks like a Honda Civic to me.

The rear half may have been a civic but the front half could well be the cab of a Royal Thai post vehicle.  The clue here is the postbox, now painted blue, on top of the bonnet ????????

39 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I can't quite see the make or model from the photos. It looks like a Honda Civic to me.

The front is a Civic, the back a Subaru. Pretty common around that area.

47 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Impreza.

39 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

At the front anyway. The rear is a Toyota Corolla.

The rear is Subaru Impreza, as is the front.

38 minutes ago, dblh said:

Front is Subaru Impreza WRX

So is the back.

7 minutes ago, dcsw53 said:

The front is a Civic, the back a Subaru. Pretty common around that area.

It's a Subaru Impreza WRX or STI, there's no Civic in it.  Grafting half-Impreza bodies to half-Civic bodies is not "pretty common" here! Transplanting engines, maybe, but different manufacturers' bodies, I don't think so! 

2 minutes ago, jaiyenyen said:

I think the rock must have done a runner. No way was the rock going to hang around and take the blame for the accident.

I thought maybe the rock was going to sue, as the driver admitted hitting it.

Archived