"Iron Fist" Tawat defends his baht bus drivers slams Korean YouTuber after complaint

webfact

"Iron Fist" Tawat defends his baht bus drivers slams Korean YouTuber after complaint

66689783_2518301728190746_1277403074322759680_n.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

The leader of Pattaya's baht buses or song thaews has defended his drivers after a South Korean YouTuber says they are just a rip-off. 

Tawat Pheuakbunnark has instead attacked the YouTuber saying it is not only "fake news" but "old news".

10pm.jpg

Tawat was responding to a Sophon reporter's questions about the case of the YouTuber who in a report from Pattaya suggested:

"Song Thaews are a rip-off. They charge 100 baht per person per trip - even if you are only going one kilometer".

Tawat claimed that his team had fully investigated this matter. He found that the claims were groundless and besides it all happened way back in March. 

He suggested that the Korean had not even been in a song thaew and was probably angry about a journey in an unlicensed cab from the airport. CCTV confirmed all this, he said. 

He said that this nonsense was damaging for Pattaya. 

After a meeting in which he outlined new measures to improve song thaew services in Pattaya he said that his drivers were now part of a wonderful "new era" for public transport in Pattaya. 

Source: Sophon Cable TV

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-15

RELATED:
Pattaya: New "baht bus" man's iron fist - fines of 100 baht as "new dimension" in travel mooted

66689783_2518301728190746_1277403074322759680_n.jpg.26951c197ca9ece41b3798a97404f5be.jpg&key=c806ebb1d2ba96ddd28017ea7a5ede0a27787a29cab2a3de1b0e5cf9a4c3d2a6

The leader of Pattaya's baht buses or song thaews has defended his drivers after a South Korean YouTuber says they are just a rip-off. 

Tawat Pheuakbunnark has instead attacked the YouTuber saying it is not only "fake news" but "old news".

10pm.jpg.1fd8befb0627d464acb56640b7aa18d9.jpg&key=2bc7258d7b1f36fe30bce815b2e8eb3e19c0dbe1323bece7aaeea12430862df7

Tawat was responding to a Sophon reporter's questions about the case of the YouTuber who in a report from Pattaya suggested:

"Song Thaews are a rip-off. They charge 100 baht per person per trip - even if you are only going one kilometer".

Tawat claimed that his team had fully investigated this matter. He found that the claims were groundless and besides it all happened way back in March. 

He suggested that the Korean had not even been in a song thaew and was probably angry about a journey in an unlicensed cab from the airport. CCTV confirmed all this, he said. 

After a meeting in which he outlined new measures to improve song thaew services in Pattaya he said that his drivers were now part of a wonderful "new era" for public transport in Pattaya. 

Source: Sophon Cable TV

thai%2Bvisa_news.jpg&key=07605ee8009e033e42aebb80e2dcd682bb500b914912a36112e686ab3ed5fbdc -- [emoji2398] Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-15 Follow Thaivisa on LINE for breaking Thailand news and visa info   RELATED: Pattaya: New "baht bus" man's iron fist - fines of 100 baht as "new dimension" in travel mooted https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1111835-pattaya-new-baht-bus-mans-iron-fist-fines-of-100-baht-as-new-dimension-in-travel-mooted/ 10pm1.jpg.685500799f0af843f71e8ed8aa385e92.jpg&key=181824d665a7752f1692e382ae2ca3717ad27637dda05427b3bd1034c8a9f0fb

No way fake news at all. 2 years ago I took the the airport bus to Pattaya. Drop off at Theprasit road. My hotel was maybe max. 1 km away from the drop off. I was waiting a long time in vain for a taxi. So I stopped a Baht bus. He wanted 500 Baht. Yes or no. As it was getting late I had no other choice and accepted this rip off with gritted teeth. So what Tawat is saying is just BS and a typical Thai lie. But of course no surprise. A Thai would rather sell his own grandmother or dance with the devil than admitting something. 

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, webfact said:

That Tawat would say that, I'd expect him to say nothing else. As if someone would volunteer the truth unless they were going to be caught.

Then he tries to blame an unlicensed cab, obviously to avoid getting into a slagging match with the other taxi mafia.

The funniest quote: 'He said that this nonsense was damaging for Pattaya' Ha ha! And this Tawat is the leader of the Baht buses!

I always thought private hiring a bahtbus was a hundred Baht minimum?.

If you want to pay 10 baht wait on the side of the road on the route you want to take, It's not rocket science you flag one down that is not on route and want taking somewhere you pay.

After a meeting in which he outlined new measures to improve song thaew services in Pattaya he said that his drivers were now part of a wonderful "new era" for public transport in Pattaya. 

awwww....that is sooo sweet. I look forward with great anticipation, this promise of a newerer transportation. Much better than the olderer one!

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Tawat claimed that his team had fully investigated this matter. He found that the claims were groundless

1 hour ago, Swedenlars said:

After a meeting in which he outlined new measures to improve song thaew services in Pattaya

The claims were groundless, so what's there to improve?

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Even 10 baht is expensive, only just gone up to 8 in and around Bangkok and most in Pattaya do not go as far

???????????????????????? Ahh, the common lament of baloon chasers worldwide.

1 hour ago, ianezy0 said:

...he said that his drivers were now part of a wonderful "new era" for public transport in Pattaya. 

I guess a lot has changed since I left Pattaya. When I left a couple of years ago, baht buses were pickup trucks where people were transported rather crudely in the box without any sort of safety equipment or real concerns in that regard, as has been the case for decades  Now that they're part of a "wonderful new era" in transportation, I can't wait to get back there and see how they've morphed into something new and wonderful Sure hope I'm not disappointed. (wink-wink).  

3 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

If you are finding 10 baht expensive then may I kindly suggest that Thailand is not for you anymore ?

May I kindly suggest you read the post I was replying to?  Side note, your travel suggestions are noted and filed away in the appropriate bin.

If you go off-route, you pay.  Simples.  The trouble is that tourists don't know the routes - hell, I live here and they confuse me sometimes.

One moan from me though, is the parked busses late at night.  I want to go straight down Second Road from Walking Street (on the normal route), but the parked busses want charter prices, and the moving ones won't stop as they'd get shit from the parked drivers.

Enforcement?  None that I've ever seen.

23 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I'm normally pretty critical of taxi mafias, but 100 baht for essentially using them as a private taxi? Hardly a ripoff, especially considering actual taxis charge more.

For a taxi in Bangkok, I can travel 4-5 kilometers for 100 baht-no stops, air conditioning...

maybe not such a great deal for the song theaw 

Archived