Pattaya lets stray dogs remain on street after shots

Rimmer

On 7/15/2019 at 9:50 AM, Rimmer said:

Then the city plans to return the wild dogs to the street because neighbors around the feed them daily.

That's a reason to return them to the streets? Thai logic at it's finest.

48 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

Islamic areas are free of feral stray dogs.

Not in Pattaya. I live in East Pattaya. 2 mosques within earshot of my house. Several packs of soi dogs also within the same area.

23 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

There is a reason they cannot bring themselves to deal with the dog infestation properly, but the country being what it is it cannot even be discussed.

Nonsense. My wife's a devout Buddhist. At the wat as we speak. Snake in the garden? Chop it's head off. Chintook in the house? Whack it and feed it to the cat. Thais are only devout Buddhists when it suits them.

14 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Nonsense. My wife's a devout Buddhist. At the wat as we speak. Snake in the garden? Chop it's head off. Chintook in the house? Whack it and feed it to the cat. Thais are only devout Buddhists when it suits them.

I was not referring to their hypocritical religious beliefs

On 7/16/2019 at 8:12 AM, Geoffggi said:

Must be the only "World Class Resort" with this type of idiotic ideology as these packs of animals are a danger to not only children but all road users and pedestrians.

I've been attacked by just 2 soi dogs, riding my motorcycle at night. I swered, came off the road, busy trying to fend off the attack.

Later, I witnessed another dog urination onto my bike. No wonder they were aggressive! 

So they have a Health Department and staff and a truck and they return strays to the streets?!? 

2 hours ago, BurgerGung said:

So they have a Health Department and staff and a truck and they return strays to the streets?!? 

The pack at the bottom of my street was rounded up. A neighbour complained saying they were her dogs and the pack was released. Not a one has ever been inside her gate.

And these people wonder why Western tourist numbers are down. Westerners have had it with their thainess. OK folks here is your 3 star hotel with stray dogs and taxi trash entrance. 

Great post [emoji651]️

On 7/15/2019 at 10:59 AM, Destiny1990 said:

Freely roaming around packs of stray dogs looks awfully.

It's very good for tourism though! World class family resort Pattaya is nothing without soidogs, abusing ladyboys, jetski scammers and fake booze.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:10 PM, Date Masamune said:

Islamic areas are free of feral stray dogs.

40+ years ago in Loei, there were some Islamic guys who lived in the compound next to my buddy's house.  They were butchers, I think.  Beef.  On their days off, we'd see them throwing knives against trees.   It was a quiet place.

52 minutes ago, Youlike said:

It's very good for tourism though! World class family resort Pattaya is nothing without soidogs, abusing ladyboys, jetski scammers and fake booze.

The average tourist walking down Beach Rd won't be bothered by packs of feral dogs, heck there isn't enough space for pedestrians. It is more an issue on empty land and construction areas and less busy places at night when they come out. More worried about feral LBs!

51 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The average tourist walking down Beach Rd won't be bothered by packs of feral dogs, heck there isn't enough space for pedestrians. It is more an issue on empty land and construction areas and less busy places at night when they come out. More worried about feral LBs!

The average tourist on the beach "walk" or anyone else is going to have more problems with the local jerks on motorbikes and the increasing number of vehicles that park there. There are some packs along Jomtien beach in tourist areas. The Pattaya/Naklua problem are these dogs that plant themselves right in the middle of sidewalks and at entrances to 711's as well as around the moto-trash. 

Archived