Nearly got eaten by a human eating snake in Loi Kroh

sanemax

Should I inform the Police that there is a huge wild Reticulated python swimming in  the streams below LK or not worry about it ?

I was walking along LK last night and saw this beast swimming in the water , just found out that it eats people 

DSCF4128.JPG

DSCF4106.JPG

DSCF4116.JPG

DSCF4119.JPG

DSCF4120.JPG

DSCF4122.JPG

DSCF4125.JPG

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live just south of there and saw 2 in one week a few years ago. So it would seem that there is a sustained population in the area. Also saw another in the same year near the moat. Presumably they are around the drains from the Mae Kha Canal (where it looks like your picture was )and the moat. Also from that canal they could travel from the Chang Puak area.

Well Max,calm down.It does not look like this snake could eat a grown person.

He could kill you maybe but that would depend on you and the snake and how much you like to live.

I have caught and bagged bigger ones then this guy,they come here to steal some chickens and ducks.

I am much more scared of the thousandlegs and other poisenous animals.

The most annoying would be the red fire ant.

Hey look if it makes you feel better we’ve got at least five dragons in the pond out by our place that are courting a female in season. Four of them are easily 120+ pounds and probably close to 8 feet long. The other day I was outback watering the plant Outback and I heard a loud splash and thrashing and breaking the lambs. I didn’t know what the commotion was so I went in late looked over the wall. There were two male dragons sparring in competition. We are just part of the food chain around here

Buddha said, “One should not kill a living being, nor cause it to be killed, nor should one incite another to kill. Do not injure any being, either strong or weak, in the world.” Buddha asks, “All beings tremble before violence. All fear death, all love life"

Happy Asalha Puja Day ????

20 hours ago, sanemax said:

They also kill and eat humans 

Used to live in the Nong Hoy area and every year I would see at least one. They travel the water ways and are quite common. Now where you saw one has probably a nice abundance of food, as in rats etc. No worries as they won’t hurt you. 

I saw a reticulated python near here in BKK. It was caught in a chicken wire fence put up by someone who had noticed their chickens were going missing.

It was a mighty beast, it had extended at least 2m, maybe 2.5m, straight attempting to get through the chicken wire fence with coils yet to get into the fence of at least 1m. 

It was much lighter than the one photographed, far less black and dark brown and quite bright yellow. I wonder whether they stay in trees being that bright colour - do they? 120 pounds would be some weight, perhaps they could knock their prey out by dropping on them.  

Reticulated pythons are bigger than the Burmese pythons that plague Florida these days aren't they?

On 7/15/2019 at 11:43 PM, heybruce said:

It's in a populated area and is big enough to be a threat to pets and small children.  I would notify the authorities, but wouldn't expect them to do much.

If it does eat a pet , that's just nature and what animals do.

It was in a klong , storm water drain off and no kids go in the water there .

On 7/15/2019 at 8:27 PM, samuttodd said:

The other day I was outback watering the plant Outback and I heard a loud splash and thrashing and breaking the lambs ,,,

I am interested in your case, and, may I say (modestly), that I have had some success treating cases like yours ... perhaps because my own chimeric nature enables certain modes of resonant paradoxical empathy.

On days you are "OutBack," is the breaking of lambs followed by the silence of the lambs ? What is your experience when you are "InBack," or "FullBack" ?

~o:37;

On 7/15/2019 at 8:27 PM, samuttodd said:

Hey look if it makes you feel better we’ve got at least five dragons in the pond out by our place that are courting a female in season. Four of them are easily 120+ pounds and probably close to 8 feet long. The other day I was outback watering the plant Outback and I heard a loud splash and thrashing and breaking the lambs. I didn’t know what the commotion was so I went in late looked over the wall. There were two male dragons sparring in competition. We are just part of the food chain around here

I imagine they could give a nasty bite but never heard of one actually attacking a human. Wouldn't be leaving a baby or a small child unattended near them.

For him to "eat" you , you would need to asleep or unconscious so it can squeeze you to death, then swallow you down. Do not sleep near the moat or canal I guess, then you are safer.

Archived