Nearly got eaten by a human eating snake in Loi Kroh

sanemax

I googled 'largest Burmese python in Thailand'.

"Length: up to 7m
Most specimens do remain smaller. The longest example was owned by the owner of a private zoo in Bangkok, Mr. Siah and reached a total length of 8,8 m.

Distribution: from North Thailand to the Isthmus of Kra

It also said that they can present a danger to humans. 

Imagine walking under a tall tree and drops its loops around you...….. 'Kaa' in The Jungle Book scene comes to mind!! 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

I googled 'largest Burmese python in Thailand'.

"Length: up to 7m
Most specimens do remain smaller. The longest example was owned by the owner of a private zoo in Bangkok, Mr. Siah and reached a total length of 8,8 m.

Distribution: from North Thailand to the Isthmus of Kra

It also said that they can present a danger to humans. 

Imagine walking under a tall tree and drops its loops around you...….. 'Kaa' in The Jungle Book scene comes to mind!! 

It wasnt a Burmese python though . it was a reticulated python 

OK, calm down. So, you were walking near the stream and a python leapt out at you and grabbed you in its mouth and tried to swallow you whole? It's quite rare but I will believe your story if you will show a little more evidence. Any witnesses?

1 minute ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

OK, calm down. So, you were walking near the stream and a python leapt out at you and grabbed you in its mouth and tried to swallow you whole? It's quite rare but I will believe your story if you will show a little more evidence. Any witnesses?

Well , it did slither towards me , coming out the water and it was probably looking for a feed .

There were some Thais who also saw it , they lived in the adjacent house 

The wife came across a large reticulated python in our street a while back.

It had become entangled in chicken netting and had dragged it and a post some distance to the edge of the road.

Before we could get the snake rescue people in the migrant workers had carted the already wrapped feast back to their camp.

IMG_0359.JPG

43 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

That snake could not eat a person that weighted much over 10 kg. I would worry a lot more about the sneaky 2 legged snakes that inhabit Thailand. Some even wear uniforms.

A woman was swallowed by a python earlier this year either in Indonesia or Malaysia. Older woman who had fallen and was unconscious (I think) 

On 7/16/2019 at 5:19 PM, WeekendRaider said:

no, but I got bitten in the foot by a very sick bat!  and killed 7 of them floundering on the floor the last few months. 

never seen that before.  nor been bitten by a bat either.  

Hope you got injections they can carry rabies 

3 hours ago, Singhajon said:

Not from a snake, only mammals

He was addressing a bat bite.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:19 PM, WeekendRaider said:

no, but I got bitten in the foot by a very sick bat! 

>

On 7/16/2019 at 8:24 PM, pikao said:

Beware of rabies

1 hour ago, Smiles said:

I thought that OP was nearly eaten by one of those sweet little girls in those bars or massage parlours. LOL

Human girls like to eat Farang snake! Beware ! LOL

yes that dangerous trouser snake you are alluding to ?

On 7/15/2019 at 8:21 PM, sanemax said:

They also kill and eat humans 

A reticulated python cannot manage to swallow an adult human before they are more than 10 to 12 meters long. In Indonesia there is an area where there disappears a farmer or two every year. When they do catch big snakes there they are said to be 12 meters or or more in length. Science has never gotten there soon enough to measure them, because a snake that big can feed an entire village.

A problem with reticulated pythons is that they are aggressive compared to other snakes, they attack very quickly.

37 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

Had this puppy cruising the hood last year. We live in Bangkok, nowhere near any heavy growth.

482113.jpg

That looks like a reticulated python, about the same size as the ones I saw in CM a few years ago.

2 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Don't wind up Sanemax, facts are not his mainstay in most arguments

No. facts are that it wasnt a Burmese python  , it was a Reticulated python (according to people who know the difference , that is) 

Archived