Nearly got eaten by a human eating snake in Loi Kroh

sanemax

4 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

That snake could not eat a person that weighted much over 10 kg. I would worry a lot more about the sneaky 2 legged snakes that inhabit Thailand. Some even wear uniforms.

They decide on what to eat by the length , they generally only eat things a quarter of the size of them  and the one that I saw was about 20 foot long

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, cmsally said:

That looks like a reticulated python, about the same size as the ones I saw in CM a few years ago.

Pythons are the most common snake showing up around here. I'm sure there are others more common to the area, smaller and more stealthy.

Just a baby one.  Last week in Florida a 5 meter python was removed from under a persons house. Look at the one in the attached article. Stupid people had the snakes as pets and then released them after they got to big.  Now they have infested the Florida swamps and killed all the native animals. 

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2018/05/22/florida-snake-hunters-have-now-killed-1000-burmese-pythons

lots of rats on loi kroh. was in the beer bar comllex there and rats were running around inside the bar under foot. they seemed to like the water drains around the complex.

something to keep in mind if your walking around in there at night in sandals after a few drinks.

• 3 months later...

Archived