Primary School Bangkok 100k Budget

Hello,

Looking to relocate to Bangkok. The only thing is schooling for my daughter. I have no idea where to start. I lived in Bangkok before and am familiar with it. I just have no idea about the schooling landscape.

I can pay 100k a year, maybe 150k.

It doesn't necessarily have to be an international school or have an English program, but I would like a decent school (in any area), but must be "luk krung" friendly (i.e. I wouldn't want her to be the only mixed race kid in the school). Where we are now, in Isaan, she is very happy at a relatively cheap private school and this school is quite popular with western/Thai families.

She is strong in Thai language compared to her peers and English compared to children back in the west. I don't see an issue with language ability from either the Thai or English side of things. She has finished top of her class consistently. She is a bit of a swat.

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks

Believe you really need to know where you will locate as travel in Bangkok is very near gridlock these days so unless old enough to use BTS or MRT you will probably want a school close to home.  I suspect most mixed children are attending international schools and paying the price (many with expense accounts from jobs) so finding a normal Thai private school with a mixture may be problematic (but only guessing - not involved and no special knowledge).  Wish you/her the best.

On 7/15/2019 at 8:17 PM, lopburi3 said:

Believe you really need to know where you will locate as travel in Bangkok is very near gridlock these days so unless old enough to use BTS or MRT you will probably want a school close to home.  I suspect most mixed children are attending international schools and paying the price (many with expense accounts from jobs) so finding a normal Thai private school with a mixture may be problematic (but only guessing - not involved and no special knowledge).  Wish you/her the best.

Thank you.

I'd be willing to live anywhere her school is. It is the deciding factor for us.

Archived