favorite comic

jvs

With all of the negativity going on here i think it is time for a laugh.What is your favorite comic?

I watch a lot on Youtube and i have many comics i like.

Sure some people get offended by some people but if you try to see it in the right perspective it is all fun.

George Carlin,jim Jeffries and many others.The problem is i can only follow it in two languages,each language

must have some jewels!!

Post em!!!!!

Here is just a random one,will not offend anyone?The end is very funny!!!

He's dead and gone now, Rodney Dangerfield.  I don't think he had much popularity outside the US.

Amazing how many years he was able to keep going with "I don't get no respect...."

Jack Dee’s droll sense of humour I find particularly funny.

Frank Skinner is someone I didn’t really care for when he teamed up with David Baddiel but on his own he is terrific !! His stand up is hilarious but does get very grafic sexually ( if that’s not your bag ).

His autobiography is a great read .

Peter Kay is an obvious favourite ( as I’m a Brit )

Here’s some names to check out if you want some new laughs :

Simon Amstell ( very likeable gay comic British)

Gary Delaney ( excellent one liners British )

Stewart Francis ( very funny Canadian )

Anthony Jeselnik (American comic )

Jimmy Carr ( very controversial Brit comic )

Gary Delaney

Stewart Francis

The big yin, Billy Connolly ,Scottish comedian  and The little waster  Bobby Thompson,NE comedian now deceased, 

if your American you would not understand either of them.

I am afraid there are very few US comedians I like,they shout a lot,and think that's funny.

regards worgeordie

When I was a kid it was all Jasper Carrot and Freddie Starr , plus all the old timers in the Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club.

But one who I did see many times live and had me almost peeing my pants on several occasions was Mike Harding .

Sadly, for me , none of these have stood the test of time and I cannot watch them anymore ( after searching on YouTube ) as they are now very cringeworthy, especially Freddie Starr RIP .

Of course if you are not a Brit then this post is totally meaningless [emoji51] and for this I apologise.

To make amends here is one of my all time favourites. ( another Brit I’m afraid [emoji45])

Frank Skinner

I can't come up with a favorite but I recommend the web series by Jerry Seinfeld called Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.

Of course Seinfeld is one of the greats and you get to see these talented people in a different light. There is something quite interesting about comedians when they interact with each other.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I can't come up with a favorite but I recommend the web series by Jerry Seinfeld called Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.

Of course Seinfeld is one of the greats and you get to see these talented people in a different light. There is something quite interesting about comedians when they interact with each other.

Yes i think most of them are very smart people and they know how to talk,not like politicians who uh and ah a lot.

Look at the way they deal with hecklers,awesome.!!

Sadly, Spitting Images has been surpassed by real life, and so many of our politicians are beyond ridicule and  caricature 

Spitting Image was groundbreaking stuff !!, no one, or nothing, was sacred with the government and the royal family usually taking the brunt of the jokes.

For those not born in the US of E ( united states of England ) here’s a little taster .

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Spitting Image was groundbreaking stuff !!, no one, or nothing, was sacred with the government and the royal family usually taking the brunt of the jokes.

For those not born in the US of E ( united states of England ) here’s a little taster .

They were rude and offensive, but within the bounds of ribald lampoonery.  With the buffoons that we have in power, tasteless obscenity would amount to flattery.  Most political criticism I read on Faecebook Iwhich is shitbytheway) has to resort to inventing new insults and vulgarity.  

They were rude and offensive, but within the bounds of ribald lampoonery.  With the buffoons that we have in power, tasteless obscenity would amount to flattery.  Most political criticism I read on Faecebook Iwhich is shitbytheway) has to resort to inventing new insults and vulgarity.  

The politicians we had back then were larger than life characters, Thatcher, Hattersley and even John Major was was easy to lampoon due to his worldbeating dullness !!
UK politicians recently have been lifeless, humourless, intelligenceless [sic] entities not worthy of lampooning.
We need a Donald !!, and with Boris on the horizon I think Spitting Image could return with an infinite amount of material !!

Anyhoo, back on topic:

Here’s an American comic that I came across via the comedy channel and Tosh.O.

Daniel Tosh

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:23 PM, Jingthing said:

Must be an American thing.

I watched an episode of Seinfeld once but it was so boring I went away to look at grass growing.

British humour though- the Goons, Monty Python and Father Ted still get me going, decades later ( Fr Ted is of course Irish humour, but similar to British ).

Patrice O'neal  (RIP) Bill Burr, Chris D'elia. Honestly there's heaps but those 3 are amongst my favourites. Most of my thai time is spent on youtube and Netflix watching stand up 

Archived