Global Warming

skodo

As much of World are seeing the effects of climate change and the pollution of the atmosphere from diesel exhaust fumes,is it to much to ask TUC TUC drivers to turn off engines when waiting for bus to fill up at soi Buakhao market and elsewhere.

Common sense is non-existent here.  I'm still hoping that people will stop pretending like I am invisible and just cut right in front of me when I am clearly standing in line in 7-11 or Makro.  Are they just rude or are they really as dumb as a sack full of rocks?

5 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Common sense is non-existent here.  I'm still hoping that people will stop pretending like I am invisible and just cut right in front of me when I am clearly standing in line in 7-11 or Makro.  Are they just rude or are they really as dumb as a sack full of rocks?

So do you emit exhaust fumes out your backside while waiting? Otherwise, you are off topic!

Just now, ianezy0 said:

So do you emit exhaust fumes out your backside while waiting? Otherwise, you are off topic!

Yes whenever possible.  Common sense (or the lack thereof) seems to me to be on topic - thank you for your concern though!

4 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Yes whenever possible.  Common sense (or the lack thereof) seems to me to be on topic - thank you for your concern though!

???????? The heading is global warming my friend.

In reality, just like diesel engines, a 2-stroke engine can be fuel efficient and emit less pollution than a quiet non foul smelling 4-stroke engine 

Thailand has 69 million people and 37 million cars and motorcycles registered - doubt the tuk tuk are a major contributor to global warming compared to all the personal cars, trucks, and power plants, etc

But definitely feel free to ask the driver to shut the engine off,  it will save gas even if just a minute or 2

Show consideration for others when there is nothing in it for themselves?  Terrible, terrible failure on the part of the OP for refusing to accept the local culture!  <sarcasm>

Anyway, global warming is a hoax invented by the Chinese, the president of the US, who has a very good brain, said so himself, why would he lie?  :cheesy:

They are not going to turn off the engine for two reasons,

it might not start again,and it will use the battery up,which

is also why many drivers don't use their indicators,or they

could be just too <deleted>)ng lazy.

regards worgeordie

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:05 AM, skodo said:

As much of World are seeing the effects of climate change and the pollution of the atmosphere from diesel exhaust fumes,is it to much to ask TUC TUC drivers to turn off engines when waiting for bus to fill up at soi Buakhao market and elsewhere.

Tuk tuks don't use diesel, or petrol.

If referring to the baht buses, they ain't tuk tuks, but they do use diesel, and no, they won't turn the motor off as they have the AC on.

Archived