Jump to content
BANGKOK
skodo

Global Warming

Recommended Posts

As much of World are seeing the effects of climate change and the pollution of the atmosphere from diesel exhaust fumes,is it to much to ask TUC TUC drivers to turn off engines when waiting for bus to fill up at soi Buakhao market and elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Common sense is non-existent here.  I'm still hoping that people will stop pretending like I am invisible and just cut right in front of me when I am clearly standing in line in 7-11 or Makro.  Are they just rude or are they really as dumb as a sack full of rocks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, skodo said:

is it to much to ask TUC TUC drivers to turn off engines when waiting for bus to fill up at soi Buakhao market and elsewhere

Maybe if the price of gas went up !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, skodo said:

As much of World are seeing the effects of climate change

Bring it on, Choc Chai's will be sea side residences !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About as much chance as asking the coaches queued up on Beach Rd to switch theirs off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Common sense is non-existent here.  I'm still hoping that people will stop pretending like I am invisible and just cut right in front of me when I am clearly standing in line in 7-11 or Makro.  Are they just rude or are they really as dumb as a sack full of rocks?

So do you emit exhaust fumes out your backside while waiting? Otherwise, you are off topic!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ianezy0 said:

So do you emit exhaust fumes out your backside while waiting? Otherwise, you are off topic!

Yes whenever possible.  Common sense (or the lack thereof) seems to me to be on topic - thank you for your concern though!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Yes whenever possible.  Common sense (or the lack thereof) seems to me to be on topic - thank you for your concern though!

🤣🤣 The heading is global warming my friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In reality, just like diesel engines, a 2-stroke engine can be fuel efficient and emit less pollution than a quiet non foul smelling 4-stroke engine 

Thailand has 69 million people and 37 million cars and motorcycles registered - doubt the tuk tuk are a major contributor to global warming compared to all the personal cars, trucks, and power plants, etc

 

But definitely feel free to ask the driver to shut the engine off,  it will save gas even if just a minute or 2

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Show consideration for others when there is nothing in it for themselves?  Terrible, terrible failure on the part of the OP for refusing to accept the local culture!  <sarcasm>

 

Anyway, global warming is a hoax invented by the Chinese, the president of the US, who has a very good brain, said so himself, why would he lie?  :cheesy:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are not going to turn off the engine for two reasons,

it might not start again,and it will use the battery up,which

is also why many drivers don't use their indicators,or they

could be just too <deleted>)ng lazy.

regards worgeordie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes it takes more gas to start an engine, than leaving it idol  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a tip for all you guys, I help fight global warming by turning on my air conditioner and slightly rolling down the back windows. It’s my way of helping cool down the planet, and it makes me feel good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...