Denied entry on Visa Excempt

5 hours ago, edogthong said:

The Swedish Embassy only issue emergency passports in KL I'm afraid.

Define what is an "Emergency" in that case.

"Hi, I lost my passport and I need a new one". That's an emergency to me. Sometimes you have to provoke things if you want 'em to happen.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, tcp7 said:

"Hi, I lost my passport and I need a new one". That's an emergency to me. Sometimes you have to provoke things if you want 'em to happen.

It’s normal for some embassies to issue an Emergency Travel Documents so you can get home rather than issue a new passport.

• Like 2

People in your position have got in with no problems via land, then flown domestic from Hat Yai to BKK or wherever you're going. Much easier than airports. You will probably need an SETV though as you can only do 2 land border crossings without a visa per year, which you've already done. Some chance they don't enforce that but best to get an SETV anyway. Also helps to have the equivalent of 20k baht in cash on hand to show just in case they ask to see it as proof of funds. A land border is more likely to ask and then decide to not deny you, whereas airports have their mind made up already and not even ask before denying entry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tcp7 said:

An Emergency Passport is not a proper passport. It's just a document that will allow you to go back home. Some countries other than your home country might also accept your Emergency Passport. Thailand definitely won't. 

• Like 1

Ok so your question was: can you apply for an SETV in KL?

Nobody on this forum will be able to give you an indication of how the KL embassy will react to your travel history.

Best you can do is make an online appointment, go there, and try it out yourself.

1 hour ago, lkv said:

Ok so your question was: can you apply for an SETV in KL?

Nobody on this forum will be able to give you an indication of how the KL embassy will react to your travel history.

Best you can do is make an online appointment, go there, and try it out yourself.

If he qualify for a SETV, all paper in order, he will get it. Thats the immigration want him to do, get a proper visa. 

On 7/15/2019 at 11:43 PM, darksidedog said:

Well Thanks for that Dr. Jack. A poster obviously without knowledge of the appropriate actions is asking for advice and you want to simply bawl him out. What a wonderful person you must be.

So to the Original poster, go get a tourist visa and you should have no problems re-entering. Try to avoid Don Mueang coming back who are the worst for being pedantic, with land borders (with the exception of Poipet), being a better choice. Ensure you have a minimum of 20,000 Baht cash in your pocket, and advisable to be able to show a ticket out of the country within your visa eligibility period.

Good luck!

Thank you for helping people. Not many people here deserve a thank you.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2019 at 2:53 AM, edogthong said:

An Emergency Passport is not a proper passport. It's just a document that will allow you to go back home. Some countries other than your home country might also accept your Emergency Passport. Thailand definitely won't. 

Depends, mine had flight to Korea and return to Thailand typed in it.

The British Embassy in BKK require proof of travel and that journey is typed in the ETD ie emergency passport. If you need to travel again you pay for a new ETD.

Krabi airport did exactly the same to a friend of mine last month.  He went back to KL and got a tourist Visa and came back.  He got a hard time from the IO on re-entry but was allowed in.  He had to show ticket back out of Thailand, the 20,000 cash and proof of hotel accommodation.

2 weeks later he flew to Phnom Penh and got back in with a proper Ed Visa. 

• Like 1

Advanced issues found

On 7/15/2019 at 11:34 PM, DrJack54 said:

Reply to Original Post

Dude,

I have been complaining a lot lately about unwarranted VE denials.  But I have to say that even I think you should have been denied.  Thank you for being honest and people shouldn't be disrespectful to you.

Your honesty tells be that you thought you could actually do this.  Yeah, well....No.

I recommend Cambodia.  Or Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia if you need Infrastructure.

Edited by Parker2100

Dude,

I have been complaining a lot lately about unwarranted VE denials.  But I have to say that even I think you should have been denied.  Thank you for being honest and people shouldn't be disrespectful to you.

Your honesty tells be that you thought you could actually do this.  Yeah, well....No.

I recommend Cambodia.  Or Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia if you need Infrastructure.

On 7/17/2019 at 2:53 AM, edogthong said:

People have successfully used emergency travel documents in Thailand. It depends whether the document states that it is valid for a trip to Thailand. That said, having a proper full passport is clearly preferable.

18 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I also thought that when I read it.  A letter composed by your gf may be better than one edited by you and Google.  An I.O. will spot a concocted letter at a 1000 meters - believe it or not, they know how Thai people write ????.

I am guessing he is using it to suggest the format of the letter, which she will write in Thai - at least I hope so.  Whether that will make a difference at KL or the border, I would say is unknown.  If they call, and she cannot explain the income-stream (investments, whatever), then just, "He gets money from an ATM - money from his home-country."

Reports indicate the KL Thai Embassy are primarily interested in bank-statement, flight-out (in 60-days), and a hotel-booking or condo-lease (I'd use a long hotel-booking, which can later be canceled).