ED Visa void

Hello everyone 

i applied for ED Visa at Royal Thai Embassy, New Delhi though agency ‘VFS GLOBAL’

I have submitted all documents appropriated after 4 days I called them to ask the status of my application they told me to come to VFS Centre and submit additional documents 

Even they don't have enough information about what do I need to provide, it was my first time so I was nervous and confused 

I have been asked for clarification why did I spend about 2 month in thailand with tourist and what was my purpose to visa Thailand in particular period and I I have been asked for my employment proof and asked for my more qualifications ,degree and transcript  

i made point by point List of the additional document was required 

1. purpose of visit to Thailand on tourist visa from 04-03-2019 to 02-05-2019

2. Employment proof 

3. What I’m doing 2014 - present 

4. All degrees and transcript

5. clarify why there has been a long break from studies.

i clearly mentioned that I went there to find suitable university where I can enroll and I’m self employed so I submitted all 

i wrote 2 different letter to clarify my purpose of visa to Thailand with tourist visa and what I’m doing since 2014 to present

i missed more than 50% classes of July month till now 

i requested university to send me all documents again for reapply visa with brief information 

i feel so sad after I received my passport with void stamp which I didn’t expect 

I really appreciate for strict regulations but it’s really hurt me a lot because the purpose to get an education was genuine 

please let me know what should I do in this case

Thanks 

• Haha 1

I sympathise with your problems. Unfortunately, in India, visas are often voided with no explanation. Especially considering you were applying to attend university, this was harsh. If you are seriously wealthy, you could get a Thailand Elite visa. You would be allowed to study on that. However, expect the application process to take a month or two.

I accidentally used VFS once for a visa to India. They were totally clueless and i ended up writing off the $100 they charged and went and applied directly with the Indian visa website. My application was then approved with a few hours. 

When you look at VFS on trustpilot their reviews are basically the same as what one would expect for a "scam" company. 

https://au.trustpilot.com/review/vfsglobal.com

• Like 2

The void stamp is a common occurrence in India. I have seen reports of it happening for tourist visas, non-b visa and etc.

The visa application center checks all the required documents are correct as per the guidelines, collects the fee and then send it to the embassy in Delhi or to the consulate for the region where the application was done.  Then the consular officer doing the final approval at the embassy or consulate disapproves the application and voids the visa that was already put in the passport after being pre approved by other staff before it got to them.

Not sure what you can do now other than trying again.

If you were able to get a tourist visa you could apply for a change of visa status at immigration here to get a non immigrant visa (category ed) since you will be attending a university.

I think you have conveniently left out bits and pieces of your story - maybe there is something you are not telling us.

If the documentation you submitted was complete and you truthfully explained your background - educational and employment history,

I don't see any reason why they would not issue you an ED visa - especially if you were applying for a university course.

However, it is true that the consulate in Delhi routinely issues (and later voids) Non-Imm visas of all categories for various reasons.

Definitely a great earner - "money, but no honey"

I wouldn't be surprised if they have gotten over zealous with their void stamp.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 5:35 AM, G950 said:

When you look at VFS on trustpilot their reviews are basically the same as what one would expect for a "scam" company. 

Truly shocking reading those reviews.

• Like 1