How is your daily routine as expat looks like?

DAN0

On 7/16/2019 at 3:53 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Wake up 4 AM with the local Wat banging a hugh log into a bell that can be heard for at least 1 kilometer.  Followed by every dog in the neighborhood howling for 10 minutes.  Coffee, news, walking for 30 minutes...

Emails, TVF, Immigration changes, baht to USD conversion direction, paying bills and going to market...

Food is great, people are sometimes friendly...sometimes despise your presence...

Weather is hot or rainy...or hot and rainy...

All things from western countries are very expensive...must try to blend into Thai culture or pay the price to try living as you did in your home country...

Neighbors can be a blessing or demon possessed...problem is...you will not know which until you move in...

Motorcycle noise, large trucks, local monk or village elder on a microphone blasting their views many mornings...loud music until wee hours of the morning...

Dogs run amuk...defecate anywhere and everywhere...sometimes can bite.  Snakes may prowl your property at night looking for food...cats climb into property to hunt and relieve themselves.

Afternoons spent...planning escape...????

Hope this helps!

How is your escape planning coming on, fully finalised as yet? 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/29/2019 at 6:46 PM, Nemises said:

Roads look great. But how safe, law-abiding, sober, non-drug affected and properly licensed are those who drive upon them?

I also cycle on roads like that (and hike).

Most of the time there's no traffic at all, apart from me.

Once you're a few kilometer out of town, and off the main roads, Thailand is practically empty.

Wake up early or late, depending until what time in the deep hours I continued managing business Online. 
Trying to stop earlier nowadays and wake up earlier but who cares, I feel like it is a waste of time to be awake during the peak hot hours to be honest. 
It makes more sense for me to start the day a bit later in the morning, to still be stuck at home until it starts to cool down again at 4-5PM. 

Anyway, waking up, coffee and if available a green stick to smoke, reading all news and mails + last things happened in trading / EU / USA while I slept.
After that just continue with general work while also having family things at home and the standard breaks for food. 

End of the day I might be going out or just stay home, spent time with family / continue work / study / try or learn new things / build things.
When not having to care about work or business, I could easily spend tons of time doing other activities
(bowling, wake boarding, drinking, massages, coffeeshops, nature, whatever else).

I come short in time yet I done more than most in my short 28 years of existence, I fear becoming 30. There are plans for 10 more lives in the books.

Currently building a small greenhouse with solar power and hydroponics + herb garden, nearly finished the basic set-up now.
As long there is something to do, it will be hard to bore me, Thailand makes it hard with all the working limitations tho.

2 hours ago, tabarin said:

Currently building a small greenhouse with solar power and hydroponics + herb garden, nearly finished the basic set-up now.
As long there is something to do, it will be hard to bore me, Thailand makes it hard with all the working limitations tho.

“The Chineese have a proverb for it: "If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk. If you want to be happy for a year, get married. But if you want to be happy for a lifetime, plant a garden.”

Also claimed by the dutch, 

Stagger  up around 2-3pm, throw  out the last nights  tarts, get shaved and washed by 9pm to go out  looking for more, On a  real  goodnight I dont know where Ive been or with who...m man or  beast!

I  have Sundays off by not  getting up, just drink in bed  all day

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:45 PM, rvaviator said:

Is it ever to late as long as there is wind in the sails ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sadly, I find myself in the doldrums.

What woman in her right mind would live with/ marry an old man with medical issues, no money to speak of and no property?

My recently divorced Thai wife was my last shot. Now I don't have a wife or Thailand. When life gives me a kicking, it really gets stuck in.

13 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Stagger  up around 2-3pm, throw  out the last nights  tarts, get shaved and washed by 9pm to go out  looking for more, On a  real  goodnight I dont know where Ive been or with who...m man or  beast!

I  have Sundays off by not  getting up, just drink in bed  all day

Good man, but I hope your Sunday's in bed all day include a girl ( of legal age ) in bed with you.

That'd be livin' the dream.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:23 AM, tabarin said:

Thailand makes it hard with all the working limitations tho.

I don't understand that. So long as one isn't working for other ( not family ) people or for money, one can do almost anything, as I did.

I did plumbing and electrics on the family's rental houses, dug drains when it flooded, removed broken trees after storms, made a garden on wasteland etc and never had a problem with officials or neighbours.

Archived