How is your daily routine as expat looks like?

DAN0

do you live in a big city? don't you feel for going out in the evenings / meet people?

I live in Ayutthaya.
Neither of us drink so don’t feel the urge to go out so much, usually go out for lunch and she cooks in an evening.
I study ( Thai ) for a couple of hours most evenings then join her watching tv for a while, probably upsetting her viewing asking dumb questions about the language [emoji51]

Just got back from the Wat ( Asalha Puja day ), she takes the Buddhist thing seriously and although I accompany her it’s not my scene, but she helps me in an infinite number of things here so I have to reciprocate.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I early wake up and make my partner a full breakfast.

after breakfast i start cleaning the property and watering the plants.If lucky i am allowed to go online for max 30  minutes at TFV Website.

Then the rest of the day it is for my partner to decide what will happen but usually her in-laws will visiting us.

This is a typical day for most of the expats here who think they are in full control of their lives.

hey, whatever you like .    but where did you get the idea that most of us live like you ?  

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Slowly but steadily drinking myself to death while sitting in front of the Tv.

Not long to go now (thank god).

Death from alcoholism is a long, miserable and lonely way to die. Our group has bid farewell to many who have chosen your non-humourous path. May your journey be swift and leave no one behind to deal with the pain of your addictions.

8 hours ago, onera1961 said:

It is called the land of sex (LOS) with brothels (aka bars), pimps parading their wares to old sexpats. 

It is if one elects to consume this type poison.

Rise.

Prayer and gratitude for waking.

Meditation

Morning, hot drink

Hygiene

One hour meeting with sober fellows

Coffee with same

Service to others in need (rides, hospital visits, phone calls)

Daily veg shopping

Home

Lunch at home

More service/sightseeing with visitors 

Social not spent time not in bars

Cook dinner at home

TV (No news)

Internet

Much, much more

Bed

21 hours ago, mike787 said:

My routine is very simple:  beer, cigarets, and as much sex as they body can handle until the next chapter for the after life begins.  They don't call this place the land of smiles (happy endings) for nothing.

maxresdefault.jpg

That's not a bad routine.

ed 8 hours ago

9 hours ago, rumak said:

hey, whatever you like .    but where did you get the idea that most of us live like you ?  

From observing my neighbors.

I observe plenty of guys like that, I will admit.     SAD       But there are also some that lead rather than follow.   Just depends on the individual.  ( and yes, now will come the responses from those perfect ones that say how a relationship is based on mutual respect and etc etc.,  implying that they are in that group)

We salute you .     Respect, in my book,  is a no brainer.  In a relationship as well as on TV.   

9 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I live in Ayutthaya.
Neither of us drink so don’t feel the urge to go out so much, usually go out for lunch and she cooks in an evening.
I study ( Thai ) for a couple of hours most evenings then join her watching tv for a while, probably upsetting her viewing asking dumb questions about the language emoji51.png

Just got back from the Wat ( Asalha Puja day ), she takes the Buddhist thing seriously and although I accompany her it’s not my scene, but she helps me in an infinite number of things here so I have to reciprocate.

Who is her and she?

Weekdays: Wake at 7am, go to work at 8am. Exercise after work most days, sometimes followed by a meal and/or a drink with friends. Sleep around 11pm. Sometimes instead of exercise I see a movie or go out for a romantic dinner with my partner.

Weekends: I travel a lot, and do a lot more exercise, including participating in organised sporting events. At least once a month I try to do something cultural, such as theatre, art gallery, museum, or concert.

Holidays: As mentioned, I travel quite frequently... at least twice a month. Probably get abroad half a dozen+ times a year, and the rest of the time explore Thailand.

In summary, I try to follow a similar lifestyle to what I would in my home country, plus also enjoy the perks of living in a tropical country with a lower cost of living.

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Dunagkamol Wontiphontiphontipoom is the name she ( oops there i go again emoji51.png) was given at birth, for obvious reasons I have used abbreviations.

Dunagkamol Dwyer has a nice ring to it!

On 7/16/2019 at 7:20 AM, DonDoRondo said:

My afternoons are either a 2 hour thai language class or a massage. 

If you're moving to a larger city that has language schools signing up for

lessons right away is not a bad idea.  I always have taken private 1:1 lessons.

It's just you and the teacher, who may or may not be a hottie, and you'll be able

to ask questions about Thai culture and share your experiences with her.   

I envy you, living near the Cambodian border I haven't managed to find a teacher. But if you ask me I'd prefer some oldie with a sense of humor; definitely not a hottie, better to keep these for some other activities.

I wanted to elaborate a bit further from my post # 50. I would think that a "daily routine" would be outside the basic things we do each morning when we wake up or before we go to bed. i.e. Hygiene activities, eating etc.

So after the "morning basics", Its off doing anything which could range from:

• Ride my mountain bike
  • Hiking 
  • Walk to morning market with my wife 
  • Property clean up and maintenance
  • Tree trimming. 
  • Motorcycle ride. 
  • Fishing up at the few lakes near me 
  • Drive to CM to walk around for the day.
  • Work in the shop.
  • Travel around in the North region for a day just exploring with my wife

That's a short list as its really open and I do many of the above in the same day and others I did not mention but its never structured or rigid. 

We no longer live in Thailand but still spend 2-3 months per year there

Funny thing is my life here or there is pretty much exactly the same

Wake early...coffee & small thing like banana or toast

On the road by 7-7:30 cycling 2-5 hours during which I eat while I ride & in Thailand with all the cafes I usually

have a mid ride stop for coffee/snack

Wife also loves to workout 2 hours or so 6 days a week but does so at home or running nearby. Then likes to work in garden/greenhouse

Once back home I get cleaned up, eat & do some internet things/work around house/ hang with wifey

Six days a week we basically enjoy that & the 7th we go to town for things or to just cruise about etc.

Writing it out I see it sounds boring ???? But we enjoy it

16 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Is it really necessary to copy that whole post to make an 8 word reply?

I simply clicked on QUOTE, as I did on your reply, and it does it automatically. How do I prevent the post I am replying to from being copied please?

Morning:

• cycling 3 hours, 4 times a week,
  • news,
  • Maintenance around the house,
  • tweaking the home network,
  • torrenting,
  • paperwork.

Afternoon:

• movie or some series,
  • pick kids at school,
  • quality time with the monsters.

Evening: