Thai prime minister declares end of military rule

webfact

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, madmen said:

Educate yourself before making ridiculous comments. You think these were wealthy people ? look at the Thai example, they will march so why not now ??

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/8-protests-changing-the-world-now/

There are 10 million in bangkok that dont need to march through checkpoints in Issan ..and no there are no checkpoints so please no more anecdotal nonsense to try and back your false comments

Thais are in love with this stable government ..something that has been missing for over decades in the past !!

Try asking street vendors what they think, or any normal working class,i have yet to find one Thai, most tell me he is mad (Him barr). madman.

15 hours ago, RobboR said:

I often wonder what sort of person would back a Junta. They must be the most odious, wretched members of society. The foreigners who support them must therefore be the lowest of the lowest of the low. Absolute abominations of the human form. 

Madmen.

12 hours ago, natway09 said:

The country appears to work just fine under military rule.

Now been through 3 & life has not changed at all.

Not sure if there is such a thing as true democracy ,,, the US certainly not,, the UK no way

You are in need of a strong dose of anti-adjustment.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Try asking street vendors what they think, or any normal working class,i have yet to find one Thai, most tell me he is mad (Him barr). madman.

I expect he is not mad per se. The real owners of Thailand, the hyper rich elite hiding behind their high walled mansions in Bangkok are calling the shots according to what I hear. I'm sure the generals are well rewarded for keeping democracy at bay.

What does strike me though is how idiotic top military brass turn out to be when they stop playing war games, and have to run a government. The Greek Junta for example - who wanted to drag things back to the "Better days" of the past -  insisted that public signs should be in ancient Greek, which people had stopped talking centuries before. No wonder that Thanaton is so popular, he actually recognizes that we are living in the 21st not the 19th century. 

Archived