Thai prime minister declares end of military rule

webfact

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayuth, in a televised address to the nation, said military rule had brought success in many areas, from fixing the problem of illegal fishing and human trafficking, to the rescue of 12 boys and their soccer coach trapped in a flooded cave last year.

Odd examples.

Hardly a great track record coming from a military junta with absolute power.

• First problem forced to resolve because of EU and U.S. pressures. And still not 100% fixed regarding human trafficking.
  • Second problem required foreign professional assistance.

5 hours ago, faraday said:

"said military rule had brought success in many areas, from fixing the ..............to the rescue of 12 boys and their soccer coach trapped in a flooded cave"

Yes, Khun Prayut (being a plucky cave diver himself), swam, without any kind of assistance, all the way into the dark, dangerous waters, grabbed the young lads by the scruff of their necks, & whisked them all to safety in a trice.

A modern hero.

'fixing the rescue': by allowing foreigners to carry out the mission, and being magnanimous by allowing them to do it without work permits.

My hero.

"Thailand is now fully a democratic country with a constitutional monarchy, with a parliament whose members are elected," Prayuth said.

I see he's mastered the art of political language quickly.

"Thailand is now fully a democratic country with a constitutional monarchy, with a parliament whose members are elected," Prayuth said.

We will just ignore all those that were appointed(senators), not elected.

Prayuth, in a televised address to the nation, said military rule had brought success in many areas, from fixing the problem of illegal fishing and human trafficking, to the rescue of 12 boys and their soccer coach trapped in a flooded cave last year.

Don't make other people's' success to your own. 

I watched his speech last night as I have most others and thought it was the worst one he has made lie apron lie I am wondering what the average Thai thought of it I cant ask my wife cause she did not bother to watch it she went and did household cores instead,and what of the armed forces themselves I am not talking about the leaders that stand with the general and what of the police will they really get full control back? I liked the way it was I thought the army did a good job

8 hours ago, webfact said:

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Abraham Lincoln

Attitude adjustment, search without warrant and extra judiciary detention are all still there. So what happen to the case regarding the attack on Ja New. Still spouting bs. 

6 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Pro military parties, military appointed Senate, military drafted constitution.

Yes. Military rule has finally ended.

Of course Military Rule has ended, just listen to the man in military uniform telling you so

Wow! I did not know that military rule was the main reason for the successful cave rescue. You learn something new every day here.

I knew those farangs had nothing to do with it.

1 hour ago, johnarth said:

I watched his speech last night as I have most others and thought it was the worst one he has made lie apron lie I am wondering what the average Thai thought of it I cant ask my wife cause she did not bother to watch it she went and did household cores instead,and what of the armed forces themselves I am not talking about the leaders that stand with the general and what of the police will they really get full control back? I liked the way it was I thought the army did a good job

90 % of average Thai's weren't watching, they have better things to do that watch this Buffoon !

24 minutes ago, alzack said:

Really??

It's odd, the look on his rather self satisfied face, reminds me of some one. I keep asking myself "Would you buy a used car from this guy". Maybe it was "Honest Joe" from the Minder I was thinking of.

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Horrible but it must be said... enabled by the Thai people who do nothing. Ship in some from Hong Kong who have balls. 

Well you could but you'd have to wait for their balls to drop.

It is school holidays now though, so they are available. In fact quite a few will be on holiday in Thailand right now.

Archived