Aggressive Soi dog

Badrabbit

Fed up being attacked( not just me but everyone that drives past in the early hours) now take a big stick but it still comes at you, the other day I'd seriously had enough so I stopped and confronted it, chased it nearly got it with my stick, only a matter of time before it causes someone to crash, who do you report this to in order to get this dog removed? Municipality?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I'd approach this the other way around - get some sausage, try to de-escalate the situation, giving you have time and repeated contact with the dog. You don't need to be a dog person to change behavior

Sorry I don't have the patience to stop and feed this out of control aggressive dog, it's not their during the day only comes out when it's dark, I could avoid going past it but why should I!!

Personally I'd approach this the other way around - get some sausage, try to de-escalate the situation, giving you have time and repeated contact with the dog. You don't need to be a dog person to change behavior

3 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Sorry I don't have the patience to stop and feed this out of control aggressive dog, it's not their during the day only comes out when it's dark, I could avoid going past it but why should I!!

Your description of "almost catching it" with a stick rather gave the idea you seem to have a lot of time for such ????

Getting in terms with the fella might win you a whole soi worth of dogs keeping you afloat there - well what do I know, just domesticating these wild ones with the help of my dog ????

25 minutes ago, jabis said:

Since the dog shows aggression to everyone, that's going to take a lot of sausage!

2 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

Since the dog shows aggression to everyone, that's going to take a lot of sausage!

Btdt with nearly feral dogs - and dog pacs as well - especially when the negative attributes are been reinforced (someone trying to hit with a cane) 

Mate, no sticks no sausages... just call the animal control department of in your local area and complain that this dog is a threat and a danger to you and your kids and they will take care of this mongrel quick smart..

Do not want to hurt it but it's going to hurt someone maybe a child, I think it's more of a chaser rather than actually wanting to hurt someone( in one encounter I threw a Rock at it he forgot about me and chased the rock, the possibility of causing an accident is high so something needs to be done.

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Mate, no sticks no sausages... just call the animal control department of in your local area and complain that this dog is a threat and a danger to you and your kids and they will take care of this mongrel quick smart..

You must be joking ????

I would rather someone else did that for my part it's now to report the dog and hopefully get it removed, have a few nice Soi dogs where I live but this one is a menace!

Poison it, period. It is running around the soi attacking people, therefore it is a public health issue that must be dealt with.

This post does not make any sense??? contact me mate and I'll take you to the dog and you can make friends, would like to see that!!

Because the whole post does not make any sense whatsoever - report to who, expect what? Fairydust and notions from some bureaucrat, sure... TiT

5 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

This post does not make any sense??? contact me mate and I'll take you to the dog and you can make friends, would like to see that!!

I think you established you're in Phuket, so will take a couple of months 'til I have something to address there, but surely when I get there I can come and have a look ????

29 minutes ago, jabis said:

You must be joking ????

I'm in Udon and I have a number for the local animal control department. Takes about 90 minutes but eventually a man in a beat-up red pickup with Sakhon Nakhon plates appears and the dog(s) do the opposite.

Is the dog actually owned by any of your neighbours?   It's behaviour suggests that it's protecting its 'territory'.   You could contact the Soi Dog Foundation, and tell them you are concerned that it might have rabies.   It should then disappear fairly quickly.

Some years ago I had a problem with a neighbor taking in all these soi dogs one day he says you never see any dog shit, I said you need to come in my garden and see it we lived in this moo baan and it was open plan no walls or fences then one day he got from somewhere one of them Thai ridge backs what a nasty piece this was Im not frightened of dogs you could see this was ting tong it got to the stage where people couldn't go for a walk around the moo baan this thing would come running out at you other owners got sick of it also when that came running so did 6 others all barking, in the end other owners complained to the project management before someone got seriously injured, 

This won't make you proud but as you say something needs to be done.

A non lethal solution is to get a bowl of the hot peppers they sell in your area.

Boil them down, strain the liquid through a cloth , put the liquid into a utility sprayer and keep it handy. There is a neighbor who seems to relish the fact that her tiny little dog goes after the young children and elderly (walking their dogs on a leash ) . Came onto my property to take a crap last night and then decided to show me who's boss.... After the spray the dog was trying to clean himself while whining and rolling in the grass . Those sprayers usually cost  60 to 100 baht. 

He saw me this morning but stayed across the street. 

They seem to get braver at night .

(not related to your soi dog = no owner, but the neighbor came out and called her dog while giving me a dirty stare as if she had been watching the whole thing. Usually he follows people to the next block while they walk backwards.)

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I'm in Udon and I have a number for the local animal control department. Takes about 90 minutes but eventually a man in a beat-up red pickup with Sakhon Nakhon plates appears and the dog(s) do the opposite.

Nakhon nowhere's people are the best at getting rid of evidence x)

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Maybe even the dogs know Sakhon Nakhon is famous for eating dogs

Stopped? On a motor bike?
I don’t think you have a problem with this barker maybe you are showing fear? Sawatdii Kha muttered in a low voice usually works remember you are in the dogs environment and any rabid dog in the Street here is revered, has more rights than a foreigner.

It disappears during the day, it might have an owner but not sure, was thinking Rabies so a trip to the soi dog foundation is in order.

Is the dog actually owned by any of your neighbours?   It's behaviour suggests that it's protecting its 'territory'.   You could contact the Soi Dog Foundation, and tell them you are concerned that it might have rabies.   It should then disappear fairly quickly.

Archived