Aggressive Soi dog

Badrabbit

Hit the dog with a stick and Thais will be reporting another 'aggressive farang' to the authorities (we're all machete wielding, crazy-people now you know?).  The 'aggressive soi dog' will be free roaming the sois after you have been put into a cage.

Funny how things work backwards here, 'eh?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, jabis said:

Personally I'd approach this the other way around - get some sausage, try to de-escalate the situation, giving you have time and repeated contact with the dog. You don't need to be a dog person to change behavior

What a crock of useless <deleted> the above post suggests. Why should he waste his time and money sucking up to some verminous, unimportant and disgusting animal. Why should he 'de-escalate' the 'situation? What is wrong with these filthy creatures, (dogs-I mean), apologists?

The animal is out of control. It needs immediate action to put it down. Any method would be OK with me! It is vermin!

I have to agree, the first time I was chased 2 other Soi dogs attacked the dog going for me, wasn't a big fight but the nasty dog got the message, it was back being aggressive the next day.

What a crock of useless the above post suggests. Why should he waste his time and money sucking up to some verminous, unimportant and disgusting animal. Why should he 'de-escalate' the 'situation? What is wrong with these filthy creatures, (dogs-I mean), apologists?

The animal is out of control. It needs immediate action to put it down. Any method would be OK with me! It is vermin!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, jabis said:

Your description of "almost catching it" with a stick rather gave the idea you seem to have a lot of time for such ????

Getting in terms with the fella might win you a whole soi worth of dogs keeping you afloat there - well what do I know, just domesticating these wild ones with the help of my dog ????

I'm sorry for anyone with Soi Dog trouble, they are territorial and I'm sure there is no good answer.

For me, there was a nasty street dog who would snarl at anyone going past etc, me I used to leave outside my house a little left over food, then eventually the dog would wag his tail etc when he saw me, I even let him sleep under the outside patio roof when raining. The locals used to say to me "thats a dangerous dog", and as soon as the dog cames towards them they would get the stick etc, they were shocked when he came to me, licked my hand and sat down!  

Anyhow, to finish...one day a crazed druggy Thai was running towards me with a machette, the dog caming flying round the corner, teeth showing, fortunately he did not attack the guy, but he would not let him move at all, for about an hour, then he had to slowly crawl away safely...so not all Soi dogs are bad, thats all I'm saying!!  Have a nice day!

Dogs here seem to sleep by day, then become territorial at night. There's about a dozen dogs in the local market. Go in there after dark at your peril. By day, no problem.

Has the OP considered changing his nocturnal activities so it is no longer necessary for him to travel in the early hours?

Yes its not important for me to go past this dog, just going to 7/11 for a coffee get a couple of bananas and yogurt, this particular 7 does the best Latte, 7/11's everywhere.

Dogs here seem to sleep by day, then become territorial at night. There's about a dozen dogs in the local market. Go in there after dark at your peril. By day, no problem.
Has the OP considered changing his nocturnal activities so it is no longer necessary for him to travel in the early hours?

Do you let this dog near your children?

I'm sorry for anyone with Soi Dog trouble, they are territorial and I'm sure there is no good answer.

For me, there was a nasty street dog who would snarl at anyone going past etc, me I used to leave outside my house a little left over food, then eventually the dog would wag his tail etc when he saw me, I even let him sleep under the outside patio roof when raining. The locals used to say to me "thats a dangerous dog", and as soon as the dog cames towards them they would get the stick etc, they were shocked when he came to me, licked my hand and sat down!  

Anyhow, to finish...one day a crazed druggy Thai was running towards me with a machette, the dog caming flying round the corner, teeth showing, fortunately he did not attack the guy, but he would not let him move at all, for about an hour, then he had to slowly crawl away safely...so not all Soi dogs are bad, thats all I'm saying!!  Have a nice day!

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

Yes its not important for me to go past this dog, just going to 7/11 for a coffee get a couple of bananas and yogurt, this particular 7 does the best Latte, 7/11's everywhere.

7/11 for coffee? That's scraping the bottom of the barrel. Bananas are much cheaper at the local markets.

I buy Australian yoghurt at Rimping. Perhaps I am a yoghurt and coffee snob.

Is it the same sort of law that says you must wear a motorbike helmet, not go through red lights, not drive on the wrong side of the road, have a driving licence and insurance, that sort of law??

They now have law.......if someone sees you hitting that dog with a stick........you are going to jail.
I support that law.
Try feeding it instead.........while it’s eating, walk away.

2 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Not at all 25bht and its perfect but not all 7/11's are good, 9bht for a banana.

9 baht for a banana? 25b baht at my local market for a whole bunch of them. You are being ripped off.

Perhaps if you threw the banana skins at the soi dog, it would slip on them. Confiteor, an attempt to stay on topic.

I will avoid this dog from now on as I do not want to hurt it and certainly do not want to try and make friends with it, have a few very nice Soi dogs where I live who do not try to attack people, my anger did get the better of me! my intention with the stick was purely in self defence and certainly not to cause a severe injury to the dog, if I am attacked I will fight back!!! I hope this dog does not cause Injury to someone using the road in the future!.

I don't want a bunch of bananas just one or two.

9 baht for a banana? 25b baht at my local market for a whole bunch of them. You are being ripped off.

Perhaps if you threw the banana skins at the soi dog, it would slip on them. Confiteor, an attempt to stay on topic.

Read about the Nai Harn man, probably a man fed up with being attacked(I know how he feels) the dog problem is caused by a lack of interest from the authorities(nothing new there) I and many others are fed up with the amount of dogs roaming the streets doing what they want, if a dog or person attacks me expect retaliation, why should I let them do what they want maybe costing me many thousands in hospital Bill's, I don't want to hurt anyone or anything but I will defend myself vigorously!!

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:44 AM, jabis said:

You must be joking ????

No he is not joking. We have done that before and hey do show up and remove the dog in question. They are very responsive when it comes to possible carrier of rabies. 

If the local municipal people don't come to take care, I would take matters into your own hands. I was bitten in BKK from an aggressive Soi dog that was just "playing" & had a similar situation in my previous home with a pack of dogs. 

On 7/16/2019 at 7:03 AM, jabis said:

Meanwhile try some cheap sausages while crossing paths with this one, instead of hunting with a stick - you might eventually get along ^^

All very well suggesting this, but the OP's concern is for others as well as him/her self. If you mean everyone stops and feeds the dog, OK but its gonna get fat before it causes the accident the OP is concerned about.

Archived