Aggressive Soi dog

Badrabbit

On 7/16/2019 at 6:10 AM, jabis said:

Personally I'd approach this the other way around - get some sausage, try to de-escalate the situation, giving you have time and repeated contact with the dog. You don't need to be a dog person to change behavior

Always surprises me how a dog that maybe belongs to someone else,can become a friend 'for life', if you give it a bit of food.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll give it a go and give the dog some food, if it means I can pass by without the threat of being attacked it's worth the effort, plus my real concern is others especially those that pass by with children, some dogs are past help but I'll give it a go even though this experience has made me nervous.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yea I did mate, many people have commented not one has offered to come with me and see the problem first hand wonder why that is? I love the early mornings it's my best part of the day now I'm nervous and apprehensive about going out.

You really answered your own question, didn't ya?

Just now, Badrabbit said:

Yea I did mate, many people have commented not one has offered to come with me and see the problem first hand wonder why that is?

Possibly those who replied would use the avoidance of a problem approach.       Would it be too much trouble to simply go a different route?

I also like dogs and understand this mutt is simply being territorial.

Good luck no matter what you end up doing.

Yes I can go a different route but what if there is another aggressive dog on my new route? no help here just keyboard warriors with there opinions, this dog comes at you at flank speed, the first time I actually went past I thought it was going to hit me side on, I'm a strong person nothing scares me well I thought that until this dog came at me! Now I'm nervous not wanting to go out because no one gives a $%÷&÷

I'm wanting to try and maybe see if giving it food will stop its behaviour but I'm very apprehensive!!

Possibly those who replied would use the avoidance of a problem approach.       Would it be too much trouble to simply go a different route?

I also like dogs and understand this mutt is simply being territorial.

Good luck no matter what you end up doing.

++ High quality products ++ Shock Electric Durable Red Laser Self-Defense Waterproof Stun LED Flashlight

Sold on Lazada.  I carry one on my bike and the aggressive soi dogs in my neighborhood know me now (and don't bother me anymore).  I simply pull it out and tap the taser button they seem to know exactly what it is and don't even come close now.

As a bonus it even comes with a flashlight (torch) and a red laser which are also handy at night.  For all you soi dog lovers, no I have not zapped any animals with it and hope I never need to.

torch.JPG

These forums are frequented by people only interested in causing grief to other posters, I have helped many people in my life above and beyond what would be expected of anyone and that makes me happy, there is a big problem here with Soi dogs but all you get is "oh make it your friend it's not bad it's just territorial" let's see what you say when one attacks your child and that does happen especially when there is a pack of them, I'm fed up with Thailand but don't have the funds to relocate, no one gives a $%#@ here!!

The neighbors across the street moved out about 6 months ago and left their nice little female dog to fend for herself so my wife and I have been giving her some chicken bones and a little dog food once in a while since she was getting real skinny.  She is a sweet dog and I feel sorry for her.

She is now in heat again and every male dog in the moo ban is following her around all day and all night howling and fighting over her every night.  The male dogs are very aggressive and one large black dog (alpha male) seems to have claimed her and attacks any other dog that gets within 2 feet of her.  Fights are about every half an hour now all day and all night on my street and at the night market nearby.

5 minutes ago I came home from 7-11 and there were about 8-10 dogs in my yard and on my front porch as she usually likes to hang out in my garage (under my truck) to keep cool in the daytime.  I assume she was tired and hungry from all the activity.

I pulled in on my motorbike, parked into my usual spot when she walked up to me to say hi when I nearly got attacked by the big black alpha male dog I mentioned.  He was growling and barking at me and trying to get in between me and the female dog and he was not happy that I was there.  I was trying to avoid all of them.

I tried to go around all the dogs and stay away from the males but the female in heat followed me and I could not get to my front door.  I did not have my electric shock flashlight on me as it was under the seat of my bike.  I made my way slowly back to my bike as the black male was snarling, growling and bluff charging me.  I pulled out my taser and pressed the zapper button right in front of his face and it lit up and started popping.  He jumped back and all the dogs booked it out of my yard.  He continued to growl and bark at me from a distance but did not come at me again.

These people simply don't believe in getting their dogs and cats fixed so they don't breed like flies.. or they just don't want to spend the money I guess.  So sad.

From now on I will always be prepared when I leave the house and have my flashlight handy.  I highly recommend it as a peaceful but effective dog deterrent.

Thanks mate that is very helpful, I will go find a Taser(not real one) I'm sure just the noise will deter the dog in question.

The neighbors across the street moved out about 6 months ago and left their nice little female dog to fend for herself so my wife and I have been giving her some chicken bones and a little dog food once in a while since she was getting real skinny.  She is a sweet dog and I feel sorry for her.

She is now in heat again and every male dog in the moo ban is following her around all day and all night howling and fighting over her every night.  The male dogs are very aggressive and one large black dog (alpha male) seems to have claimed her and attacks any other dog that gets within 2 feet of her.  Fights are about every half an hour now all day and all night on my street and at the night market nearby.

5 minutes ago I came home from 7-11 and there were about 8-10 dogs in my yard and on my front porch as she usually likes to hang out in my garage (under my truck) to keep cool in the daytime.  I assume she was tired and hungry from all the activity.

I pulled in on my motorbike, parked into my usual spot when she walked up to me to say hi when I nearly got attacked by the big black alpha male dog I mentioned.  He was growling and barking at me and trying to get in between me and the female dog and he was not happy that I was there.  I was trying to avoid all of them.

I tried to go around all the dogs and stay away from the males but the female in heat followed me and I could not get to my front door.  I did not have my electric shock flashlight on me as it was under the seat of my bike.  I made my way slowly back to my bike as the black male was snarling, growling and bluff charging me.  I pulled out my taser and pressed the zapper button right in front of his face and it lit up and started popping.  He jumped back and all the dogs booked it out of my yard.  He continued to growl and bark at me from a distance but did not come at me again.

These people simply don't believe in getting their dogs and cats fixed so they don't breed like flies.. or they just don't want to spend the money I guess.  So sad.

From now on I will always be prepared when I leave the house and have my flashlight handy.  I highly recommend it as a peaceful but effective dog deterrent.

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

Thanks mate that is very helpful, I will go find a Taser(not real one) I'm sure just the noise will deter the dog in question.

No problem.  I've seen them for sale at most outdoor markets and they have them on Lazada if you search for electric shock torch or flashlight.  Here is a vid for the Tokai Safety Flashlight, just skip to the 1 minute mark for dog repellent effect.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/tokai-150000-1101-police-i1021694-s1175205.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.66.2dcf2debHzkX1L&search=1

An expert, back up your claim and meet me at 3am, let's see how you deal with the dog, I will video so as people can see an expert at work!

I think that you should go back to your country. If you were not in Thailand making problems, this dog would not be a problem for anyone.

Archived