Thai media report "Irishman" on 4,000 day overstay - GoFundMe started to help him

webfact

1 hour ago, zyphodb said:

Even if he can get them a UK passport the UK will never allow him to bring his Thai wife with him unless he's earning a serious amount of money, thanks to the May bot back in 2012, forget human rights for families, you only get them if you're rich...

Exactly why I can't go back with her. I'm effectively barred from living in my own country unless I leave my wife behind. The world has become a very cruel place, and May has been one of the leaders in that.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

I hope there is something good anyway, like the ones you stay here for sounds like the ones you live for. I do understand you, though. I have around 23 years here too, and had plenty of time to see the changes. Maybe, I am just a different kind of breed, because I do not think about them so much. Also have wife and 2 children.

Wish you well, and there are still beautiful times here. You just have to look a little bit harder than for 25 years ago. ???? 

I'm perfectly content here, apart from the immigration hassles which clearly are only going to get worse.

So many people quick to jump on this guy, yes he probably fell on difficult times long before he lost his parents, but its only the stupid immigration laws that make this guy look like a criminal. Any 1st (or 2nd) world country would show some form of lenience to this man, some would even grant him citizenship.

If this guy has not done anything wrong to anyone, kept himself to himself and raised his children in a good manner, the authorities should do everything possible to allow him to remain with his family, but we all know there is more chance of the pig covering his face flying !

13 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

No need to hide is picture if the actual GoFundme has his photo in full..?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-sam-birch

Creative text,  by the way: 

"encarcerated in a Thai jail through no fault of his own and has two children who apparently needs to see him. "   (sic^4) 

Whoever started the funding page should go to jail himself for grave offenses against spelling and grammar, as well as logic and general lack of thruthiness.

40604918_1563034936658201_r.jpeg

He looks so stressed in that picture. Not one wrinkle. And there are morons that will send this guy money. I have to work my ass off to pay my bills and live in constant stress. 

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Well, he's got himself in the doo-doo and with the best will in the world it's down to him.

Anyone could speculate on why. 

He thought it would never be problem.

Now don't slate me for this one but here goes.

He knew it would happen, got ready for it and will end up in UK with no worries about who he leaves behind.

As someone said

These are my ideas and if you don't like them, I have others.

????

Could you please explain that he won't be worried about who he leaves behind.

A real though accusation if  you don't really know him. But well, what's the deal? 

As he hasn't lived in the UK for a long time, he will not get benefits for at least 3 months. He also will not be able to rent a room anywhere, unless he has a pile of cash (which he presumably hasn't), or open a bank account. So unless he has relatives or good friends in the UK, he will be on the streets for a while.

Maybe if he is Irish he will be deported back to Ireland?

I know it was not a question to me,  but if he did not worry about what was ahead of him it seems to follow that he would remain just as selfish .

Hate to be prejudiced towards his age but that guy looks a lot younger than many I would feel sorry for who paid their dues in life, eventually retired and then hit some sort of legal or financial brick wall  "Through no fault of their own" . 

11.5 years supporting his family ? This needs to be cleared up in his promised explanation . Right now it just sounds like the ticket ran out on the "Thailand" amusement park ride . This kid has to grow up.

Both parents died and then he had troubles ? Not hard to imagine they were busting their a$$es supporting him and his family for the last 11 years. Someone talked about the parents estate.  If there was anything that was not heavily mortgaged left behind , there would be no need for this Go Fund Me (while I have fun) charade.  Too selfish to go to at least one funeral to pay his respects says a lot about this guy. Not a demon but definitely not a saint

You can call me jealous or judgmental ,but the jewelry, the hair tint, and the slight smirk on his face says a lot about what he was really concerned about.

Screenshot 2019-07-16 at 11.19.10 AM.png

57 minutes ago, Seth1a2a said:

You can call me jealous or judgmental ,but the jewelry, the hair tint, and the slight smirk on his face says a lot about what he was really concerned about.

Screenshot 2019-07-16 at 11.19.10 AM.png

What a load of baloney. 

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

What a load of baloney. 

The guys who engage in showboating usually forget to carry a life vest in case the boat turns over.

Sorry if it hit too close to home....... 

36 minutes ago, Pink2019 said:

Have you lot got anything better to write about, leave Sam alone, you don't know him or anything about him, just a bunch of people talking about anything better! Keep your noses out of his business 

Not an attack, but the quickest way to get this thread closed to further discussion is to help your friend get his affairs in order so that he can attend to the needs of his family.  The "Go Fund Me" request to "put noses into his business" , triggered a large range of responses because of the missing information involved in his overstay.  With justification the requested or needed amount could even be achieved in the form of a loan.      

1606893879_Screenshot2019-07-16at2_49_08PM.png.13940ed283c0d34373dfa0232659256f.png

22 hours ago, BobBKK said:

"treated very well by the Thai authorities"  yet they put a pig's head on him?  The Irish will love that!

Guess we can assume he is not Muslim.. or there would have been an international incident..

10 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Could you please explain that he won't be worried about who he leaves behind.

A real though accusation if  you don't really know him. But well, what's the deal? 

'If' it was the case I doubt it would be the first.

As I said just an idea.

8 minutes ago, paddypower said:

Taunton...is that in Northern Ireland or the Republic?

'Tis in Somerset. Whilst the OP described him as an Irishman, it also said that Taunton was his "home town"!

21 hours ago, sanemax said:

But we are talking about Birth certificates , rather than registering at an embassy .

Two different things , (and they no longer accept child  registrations at UK embassy's) 

FROM UK.GOV

You’re automatically a British citizen if you were born outside the UK and all of the following apply:

you were born on or after 1 July 2006

your mother or father was a British citizen 

21 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

They have UK passports.  I had their births registered at the embassy here, but it's not essential inorder to get UK passport.  But, UK father's name needs to be on thai birth certificates.  I'm not 100% on that bit though, as I got UK birth certificates issued.

FROM UK.GOV

You’re automatically a British citizen if you were born outside the UK and all of the following apply:

you were born on or after 1 July 2006

your mother or father was a British citizen 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-sam-birch?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_co_shareflow_m

She has seemingly been forced to remove the part of the Go Fund Me campaign where she claims he's in jail "through no fault of his own". She's deleting all comments pointing out that he's stayed illegally in the country for 11 years, though, which doesn't seem very honest.

6 minutes ago, Myran said:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-sam-birch?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_co_shareflow_m

She has seemingly been forced to remove the part of the Go Fund Me campaign where she claims he's in jail "through no fault of his own". She's deleting all comments pointing out that he's stayed illegally in the country for 11 years, though, which doesn't seem very honest.

Totally dishonest, he will not be going home, to his family in Thailand.

I would imagine if the fund was set up to assist his family and to buy him his airfare , and assist him on his deportation to UK, more may be willing to contribute.

Archived