Thai media report "Irishman" on 4,000 day overstay - GoFundMe started to help him

webfact

2 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Not sure I reckon there are some real sadists lurking in Thailand!

No, they just like to moan .

If Thailand did actually impose the sentences that that suggested  , they would moan and complain about how harsh the sentences are in Thailand 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please help me! I am a victim of the police who fined me $10,000 baht for drunken driving and not wearing a helmet. I justifiably became angry and combative, knocking one officer's teeth out, so now I sit in this cell, a victim of circumstance. Apart from this minor digression, I am a good guy...I have kids! I need a plane ticket home! Please contribute to my GoFundme account! It's not my fault! I had bad parents! The world owes me! 555 ????

On 7/16/2019 at 7:45 AM, webfact said:

Last night he was in contact with Thaivisa from his detention cell. He said that he was not a demon and was a good father who was just trying to help his family.

And what exactly you do for your family??? 

Go home get a job it will be better for your family... 

And go fund me for what so you can live in Thailand for other people money... 

Overstay is stupid and now you get banned from Thailand 10year

Smart man... 

So it is ok to get a Thai pregnant, fork out for a home land, gold, motor bike, car /  pick up, smart phone, pay the lazy hanger-ons plus extended Thai family, all with expectant hands held out etc... the usual Thai BS..., but not ok to be with the dependants?

At least he tried to be a father unlike most Thai males who fly the nest...

Did he really do something wrong? I dont think so. Let him go....

3 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

So it is ok to get a Thai pregnant, fork out for a home land, gold, motor bike, car /  pick up, smart phone, pay the lazy hanger-ons plus extended Thai family, all with expectant hands held out etc... the usual Thai BS..., but not ok to be with the dependants?

He can do all the above , but he also needed to keep his visa up to date

On 7/16/2019 at 9:54 AM, Number 6 said:

It was all good till he got caught, now he's begging.

Bet he had a constant chuckle with his mates.

Things went badly after his parents died - yeah, the free money stopped flowing in.

Doesn’t he get heritage from his parents? In theory he probably can rent their house or something lol. 

51 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

Please do not talk bad about my father in law, the males of my extended family and my Thai friends.

I do not know anybody from Thailand who's left his family alone. But this guy must have known that the day will come. A great guy he is. 

Why don't you send him money and leave innocent Thai people out of your game. Thank you. 

why not go fund me will let u do anything to raise  funds.even the most stupid reason some mug will donate to they cause.just don,t upset the people who set up it up and say you are terrible to  say this.internet begging bowl is what go fund me is now.i want to set one up for a new bike and a world travel for a good year or 2.will u help me and donate to my cause too

On 7/16/2019 at 7:45 AM, webfact said:

A GoFundMe account has been started

A gross misuse of the GoFundMe system.  It is sheer ignorance and stupidity when someone overstays their visa by 11-1/2 years.  He made his own problem and he needs to solve it himself!

On 7/16/2019 at 5:01 PM, sammieuk1 said:

Daddy pig as they now know him????

They had an amnesty  where people coukr have handed themselves in a while back

He ignored that and his own ignorance  got him throwen out

On 7/27/2019 at 6:39 AM, Prairieboy said:

A gross misuse of the GoFundMe system.  It is sheer ignorance and stupidity when someone overstays their visa by 11-1/2 years.  He made his own problem and he needs to solve it himself!

Might aswell set  up a go fund me to raise money  for victims  of ponsy schemes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2019 at 5:33 AM, sanemax said:

You do realise that people sometimes exaggerate on TV  , especially when it comes to dishing out punishments for crimes .

Its like a competition to see who can be most severe 

The scary thing is they are not exaggerating. I feel some of the nasty comments do come from damaged, vindictive people.

8 hours ago, Justwonderingwhy said:

Read the article on his fathers passing in the Taunton Gazette. It clearly says Samuel is an only child. Who had 2 kids already.... so he had left 2 kids in the uk

The mother died in January and his father died around

March/April of a long term ailment this year, the 2 kids in Thailand are the same 2 kids they are referring to in both obituaries. There is also a photo of the kids visiting him at detention.  The gofundme campaign stalled out at £310 of the £1,000 goal. 

Apparently he is toughing it out on his own or with help from distant friends or relatives in Taunton Somerset. No updates have been posted for about a month so far. 

On the one hand must have been nice living in Thailand

11.5 years & never once stepping foot inside immigration or filing 90 days/TM30's etc etc

So now a go fund me with 1000 pound target....I am curious what is next?

What is the fine price wise? I know he will be black listed but curious what will it cost to be freed.

Edit: Ooops I see this is an older story just brought back....

2 hours ago, mania said:

On the one hand must have been nice living in Thailand

11.5 years & never once stepping foot inside immigration or filing 90 days/TM30's etc etc

So now a go fund me with 1000 pound target....I am curious what is next?

What is the fine price wise? I know he will be black listed but curious what will it cost to be freed.

Edit: Ooops I see this is an older story just brought back....

I'm unsure on that. At court the fine might be around 2,000 or 3,000 baht. Don't know if that replaces the usual max' 20,000 for overstay or if that still has to be paid.

£1000 would be roughly 37,000 baht so that would leave around 15,000 for a single back to UK.

Is it do-able on 15,000?????

Archived