"Fake" agent helping foreigners get driving licences arrested in Pattaya

webfact

"Fake" agent helping foreigners get driving licences arrested in Pattaya

3pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Thai immigration chief Lt Gen Sompong Chingduang and his teams reported Monday that a female Thai agent had been arrested for helping foreigners get Thai driving licences and register vehicles with false stamps and documentation. 

"Vicki" (name transliterated from Thai) or Wikanda Munghangern, 44, was arrested in a sting operation outside her office near the Bang Lamung Department of Land Transport. 

Naew Na said that she had been helping nationals from Russia, Ukraine, China, Vietnam, Norway, Sweden, Poland, Belgium, the UK, the Netherlands and other countries at between 1000 and 3,000 baht a time. 

She was arrested on Friday when immigration officers posing as customers for her services met her in the car park by her office. Searches of her car, office and private address turned up lots of fake immigration stamps, fake letters of residence and other documents. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-16

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is the machine they use to do the test will only accept the one answer that has been programmed into it even when there are other correct answers which I found out when I came back after a couple of years away and had to renew my 5 yr dl . I failed the first attempt simply because it would not accept the correct answer I used even though the staff said it was correct but not for their computer .

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thai immigration chief Lt Gen Sompong Chingduang and his teams reported Monday that a female Thai agent had been arrested for helping foreigners get Thai driving licences and register vehicles with false stamps and documentation. 

Oh the BLATANT irony 

how many agents are operating in Pattaya paying huge bribes assisting foreigners get 12 month extensions who don't meet the financial requirements - oh but ????

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

The problem is the machine they use to do the test will only accept the one answer that has been programmed into it even when there are other correct answers which I found out when I came back after a couple of years away and had to renew my 5 yr dl . I failed the first attempt simply because it would not accept the correct answer I used even though the staff said it was correct but not for their computer .

I’ve never had to answer any questions. Just colour recognition, reaction, distance and traffic light colour recognition tests.

And watch a terrible 30 minute film.

31 minutes ago, Changoverandout said:

I’ve never had to answer any questions. Just colour recognition, reaction, distance and traffic light colour recognition tests.

For converting from a foreign DL or extending a Thai DL there is no theory test (questions) to be done.

Questions means: the applicant did the DL from scratch incl. theory and practical test.

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

Did you try to put some money into the CD drive? 

19 minutes ago, mok199 said:

I am impressed how quickly the police put together these colorful and detailed charts on just about anyone who commits a crime.....fine recon work...

Big Joke was the grand master of self promo. I think they must have learned it from him.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

For converting from a foreign DL or extending a Thai DL there is no theory test (questions) to be done.

Questions means: the applicant did the DL from scratch incl. theory and practical test.

My Thai dl was 2 months past expiry date and that's why I had to do theory test .

3 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

agree with you in fact the female examiner turned the video off after 15 minutes as all the other locals were asleep or on FB. I rejected the reaction test asked them to show me where those pedals were on my motor scooter?

"She was charging 1000 to 3000"

There are others, ranging from massage shops to driving schools, offering two year driver licenses @ 10,000 to 25,000 baht. These people have direct connections into local Land Transport Offices. Thai style: Scotch Whisky plus loads of cash. They also have connections inside Immigration. 

2 minutes ago, keith101 said:

Uttaradit

Ok   well I think they all have their own "interpretation" as to how long it can be expired before they make you take the "full" test again....Uttaradit seem to be rather less forgiving than other provinces  :sad:

4 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

The same for me , a few days ago in Sawang Daen Din and I was entitled to 6 years because I came the day after the end of my previous license valid for 5 years.
I had read it on different forums, I see that it is correct.

with this thoughtless reflection of common sense on the part of the few thai present with me:

"But these accidents do not happen in Thailand ... so it does not concern us."
Indeed, the extracts stitched on You-Tube come from China and Russia;

It would be much more useful to explain to them that one does not install a BB on a seat in front; that the belt is obligatory in front  AND behind, so that the bucket of a pickup is not adapted to the transport of people since it does not comprise belts of security ..
Also just explain to them what are braking and stopping distances on dry ground and on wet ground ...
What are the safety distances between vehicles used for?
and a lot of other things much more useful than showing them how the Chinese do to get in with various vehicles. :crying:

Why Don't people just get an International Driving Permit (IDP) from ones own country....?

Unless of course the person has not passed The test in his own country.

Then that is a mickey take to go down the illegal route in Thailand.

This whole exercise with driving licenses in Thailand is yet another proof of absolute incompetence and clownery by the government.
An European with a valid driving license made a real license after 20+ driving lessons in real cars on real roads and had to pass a theoretical knowledge test as well. 

If I see all those mad clowns driving 50+ km/h on the fast lane, those coffins on wheels called roadworthy cars, those drunk drivers and all those pretty pussies in BMWs and the likes paid for by their sponsors, it makes me seriously think if this country called Thailand has reached the 21st century.

An alien bring along medical certificate, the grandmothers foot print, an immigration letter which allows creaming him of anything between 300 - 1000 Baht, a queue from here to Singapore, rude sloppy and impolite officers shouting "he you" across the hall. 

I - for one - went for a Lao driving license, lifelong like my original European license, which is valid in entire ASEAN, very much to the Thai police who want to cream me for "no valid in Thailand" nonsense.

Kick all those useless buggers out of office and make sure, that your own people pass real driving licenses after real driving lessons - and then focus on the 0.00001% of driving license holders of alien roots! Pathetic 

7 minutes ago, barney42bb said:

Why Don't people just get an International Driving Permit (IDP) from ones own country....?

Unless of course the person has not passed The test in his own country.

Then that is a mickey take to go down the illegal route in Thailand.

Because Thai Law says that after three months (or is it 6) you MUST have a Thai licence. And as we all know, Thai's conform to the Law in all cases !    LOL

8 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Many will be happy to pay an agents fee to save themselves wasting half a day queueing and waiting around in the land transport office.

One of the reasons why corruption persists in Thailand.

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

My Thai dl was 2 months past expiry date and that's why I had to do theory test .

Same happened with me at Nonthaburi.. Apparently same same for Thais if your license has already expired.. And just scraped in because some of the computer answers are definitely wrong.. 

8 hours ago, keith101 said:

Exactly right. Same thing happened to me. Car and motorbike, 2 separate tests. Pass is 45/50. First time I got 39 and 40. <deleted>!!. One question the same about parking, slightly different, but 4 times and I only got 2 correct with the same answer. That evening I found a web site in Chiang Mai, that set out the answers needed but not actually driving standards. Next day I got 49 and 50!! 555. TiT!!

4 hours ago, mok199 said:

I am impressed how quickly the police put together these colorful and detailed charts on just about anyone who commits a crime.....fine recon work...

This has also been a subject that has fascinated me as it seems that Powerpoint Presentation skills are much more important than arresting skills, however these skills should be acknowledged and personally I believe that TVF should run an annual competition and award a trophy to the best powerpoint board... there will obviously have to be some careful consideration of the marking schedule to cover all the important parts of a good quality board  

lots of arrows

the use of colour

highlighted appropriate text

criminal associates

evidence

etc etc

Archived