Advice for oil workers given from London Embassy ?

I’m planning on going to Savannahket early August , take the wife and kids and put in my Documents for NON IMM O multi on a Friday pick up passport on Monday.
Would I be correct in thinking that it’ll be very quiet on a Friday morning as they’ll be shut for the weekend , then quiet again picking up passport again on the Monday afternoon.
The kids have always wanted to go to Laos and as long as hotel has a pool it’ll be a nice quiet long weekend away minus the long lines ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

I feel you man - was in the same situation and never had a problem over 25 years - and then it became so annoying as more and more questions where asked every time you came back to Thailand.
They just don’t understand or don’t want to understand that there are people who work on a rotation and come back here every time when on vacation because we have a relationship/married/condo/house here but do not qualify for a long term visa because of age under 50 or single status.
The problems already started at the airport - don’t know how many times they tried to deny me boarding because we travelled on company one way tickets for a simple reason they could not grasp that a ship moves on and you usually join again in a different place in a different part of the world than where you left. Countless times I had to ask them to call a supervisor to clear up the situation that we travel on marine tickets with a record book and guaranty letter.
Then every time I came back here standing in line at the airport I was not sure if they would deny me entry some day.
A few years ago I had a 65 day vacation wanted everything in order - went to HCMC and was denied a single entry tourist visa “because I had to many stamps in my passport “ I explained my offshore job but they did not care.

As for the METV I think one requirement is that you have to apply for it in your home country.

Hope you find a solution as nobody has ever thought this through at immigration and all it takes is a grumpy IO who denies you entry “because too many stamps” without considering your situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DODDY said:

I’m planning on going to Savannakhet early August , take the wife and kids and put in my Documents for NON IMM O multi on a Friday pick up passport on Monday.

Early August would have to be next weekend since Monday the 12th is a holiday.

2 hours ago, DODDY said:

Would I be correct in thinking that it’ll be very quiet on a Friday morning as they’ll be shut for the weekend , then quiet again picking up passport again on the Monday afternoon.

Correct

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update , i just returned from savannakhet had no problems getting the visa today , copy of marriage cert , wifes ID card and house book , copy of my passport and laos entry stamp.

Got in the line around 07:30 and was 20th in line, by 09:00 there was about 300 waiting.

Kept an eye on the 19 people ahead of me and there was 10 refused whatever visa they were trying to get and sent away.

All in all it wasnt as bad as i expected had a nice tuk tuk driver i used for the 2 days showed me around and advised waiting till 14:30 for picking up passport the next day as the que will be gone and he was correct.

For your visa on arrival make sure your 35 us dollars are spotless thats the only hassle i had during the whole trip plus a comment of NOT GOOD to me when thai immigration looked through my new visa going back in to Thailand god knows what she was reffering too.

To sum up wasnt as bad as i thought it would be got the visa hassle free and good for another year might try HCMC next year if the rules dont change again

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1