BANGKOK
webfact

Darkness led to death of couple in Saraburi, reports Thai media

Darkness led to death of couple in Saraburi, reports Thai media

8pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that darkness on a poorly lit stretch of road in Saraburi contributed to the death of a man and a woman last night. 

A car hit a large tree on the Rapheephat Canal road.

The occupants were still alive when Saraburi rescue services and Nong Khae police arrived but as the rescue team attempted to cut them out they both died. 

The driver was Itthiphon, 48, and his unnamed passenger was a 46 year old woman. 

A 38 year old female witness said the car had overtaken her at high speed in the direction of Nong Khae. It then lost control and collided with a tree.

Nong Khae police think that the driver was unfamiliar with the road and this along with the darkness on that stretch probably contributed to the accident. 

Investigations continue. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-16
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

If only they could develop a mechanism with which people could see while they drive in the dark. A Utopian dream I suppose.

The amount of Thai's that drive with no lights on makes me think they all have X-Ray vision !

• Haha 2

Day or night, wet or dry makes no difference to these speed merchants.  Doubt they were wearing seat belts either as i have had several tell me they don't need them as Amulets protect them from danger !

• Haha 2