Darkness led to death of couple in Saraburi, reports Thai media

webfact

Darkness led to death of couple in Saraburi, reports Thai media

8pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that darkness on a poorly lit stretch of road in Saraburi contributed to the death of a man and a woman last night. 

A car hit a large tree on the Rapheephat Canal road.

The occupants were still alive when Saraburi rescue services and Nong Khae police arrived but as the rescue team attempted to cut them out they both died. 

The driver was Itthiphon, 48, and his unnamed passenger was a 46 year old woman. 

A 38 year old female witness said the car had overtaken her at high speed in the direction of Nong Khae. It then lost control and collided with a tree.

Nong Khae police think that the driver was unfamiliar with the road and this along with the darkness on that stretch probably contributed to the accident. 

Investigations continue. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-16

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Sounds more like speed and lack of driving skills that contributed to their deaths, not darkness.

Yes but you know Thais, many hate to put there lights on and it adds to their fun of driving at speed incompetently - after all, with that Buddha nonsense on the dashboard looking out for you what could possibly be wrong ?  Brake failure was not mentioned this time. Perhaps the phenomena of darkness has just been recognised by the RTP

41 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

If only they could develop a mechanism with which people could see while they drive in the dark. A Utopian dream I suppose.

Already developed, called headlights.

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

If only they could develop a mechanism with which people could see while they drive in the dark. A Utopian dream I suppose.

The amount of Thai's that drive with no lights on makes me think they all have X-Ray vision !

2 hours ago, anterian said:

The driver was Itthiphon, 48, and his unnamed passenger was a 46 year old woman.

how do they know her age if they do not know her name.

The dead female passenger is described as 'unnamed' not 'unidentified'. They know who she is.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A 38 year old female witness said the car had overtaken her at high speed in the direction of Nong Khae. It then lost control and collided with a tree.

Which has nothing to do with on-set of darkness !

No, darkness did not lead to the death of this couple. Bad judgement, bad concentration and failing to negotiate the speed did. Most people are able to drive perfect with only the help of the lights from the car.

6 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

The headline is priceless :cheesy:

I opened the thread because I wanted to know whether they were frightened to death by darkness.

And no, just another racer in the dark.

yes, i was half expecting some kind of ghost story.

I suppose its a little more original than "brakes failed"

8 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Now who on earth would recklessly put a bloody great tree in such an inconvenient place, that an idiot hammering along way too fast in the dark would run into it?

Ah , but maybe the tree was in the act of crossing the road to get some noodles. Obviously the tree didn't look.

Archived