Permission To Stay-Financial Requirements

Just a quick question.

On the 2nd year, after my O-A expires (Permission To Stay), i.e. I fly out and back into Thailand 1 month prior to the visa expiry, are there any financial requirements? Do I have to prove monies in Australia or Thailand?

Thanks.

You already have your visa. Just fly out and return as you suggest and obtain 12 month permission of stay.

Keep in mind if you in future wish to exit and reenter (in that "second yrs") you need purchase reentry permit.

Eventually you will be required to have the money in Thai bank for future extensions if you intend to apply for extensions after the ~2 yrs using your O-A.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You already have your visa. Just fly out and return as you suggest and obtain 12 month permission of stay.

Keep in mind if you in future wish to exit and reenter (in that "second yrs") you need purchase reentry permit.

Eventually you will be required to have the money in Thai bank for future extensions if you intend to apply for extensions after the ~2 yrs using your O-A.

Many thanks. As long as there are no financial requirements for the 2nd year which is great. Cheers.

7 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Many thanks. As long as there are no financial requirements for the 2nd year which is great. Cheers.

Yes that's correct.

Bit of side point...

with the new requirements for extensions regarding money in bank method, I for one would consider obtaining a new O-A every 2 years. Only issue is the up in air possibility regarding requiing health insurance. The O-A path allows me to keep money in au and after the visa is issued no need to keep it in a bank. 

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes that's correct.

Bit of side point...

with the new requirements for extensions regarding money in bank method, I for one would consider obtaining a new O-A every 2 years. Only issue is the up in air possibility regarding requiing health insurance. The O-A path allows me to keep money in au and after the visa is issued no need to keep it in a bank. 

Thank you. As a side note, I did naively deposit 800k into a Thai bank account prior to applying for the O-A from Australia. So now it is good to know I can use this next year and then apply for another visa overseas. Cheers