What is the procedures of extending marriage visa?

Going to extend first non o marriage on this coming September. May i ask what is the procedure like? 

I have more then 400k ++ sitting inside my bank since last year. 

I saw that biomatrix is ready on chonburi immigration, so I Guess the new things to do is scan the hand/fingers? 

Do I need to take photos of the house, sitting on the beds photos? 

• Like 1

This is a very helpful checklist from UbonJoe:

1038753461_MarriageExtensionRequirements2 (2).pdf

I did it yesterday in the suburbs of Bkk.

Take your wife, plus two photocopies of everything plus originals. We both had to sign most documents.

Photos - we took about 14 and they chose 4. A couple of pics outside showing the house number and a couple inside showing the bed etc 

Original TM 30 card, 2 copies plus your registration at your house/condo.

2 copies of Wife's ID card and tabiaan baan.

A couple of passport pics for you.

Your KR 2 or KR 22, marriage certificate, copies of your passport pages and visa stamps.

Bank book and statement. Updated on the day showing a deposit and withdrawal to the account.

Bring a friend (or get someone outside who is willing to do it) to sign as a witness for you (this varies from place-to-place)

Just in case - carry as much original paperwork with you and also bring plenty of patience!

Good luck!

RAZZ 

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Myran said:

Aside from the list above, it varies from office to office. You'll have to check what your specific office wants in regard to types of photos, witnesses, etc. If you're renting your accommodation you'll likely need a copy of the owner's ID card and the tabian baan where they are registered.

Yes, we are renting a moo ban. Do have to have to renew the contract paperwork? Or last year contract will do? 

1 hour ago, RAZZELL said:

This is a very helpful checklist from UbonJoe:

1038753461_MarriageExtensionRequirements2 (2).pdf 41.52 kB · 3 downloads

I did it yesterday in the suburbs of Bkk.

Take your wife, plus two photocopies of everything plus originals. We both had to sign most documents.

Photos - we took about 14 and they chose 4. A couple of pics outside showing the house number and a couple inside showing the bed etc 

Original TM 30 card, 2 copies plus your registration at your house/condo.

2 copies of Wife's ID card and tabiaan baan.

A couple of passport pics for you.

Your KR 2 or KR 22, marriage certificate, copies of your passport pages and visa stamps.

Bank book and statement. Updated on the day showing a deposit and withdrawal to the account.

Bring a friend (or get someone outside who is willing to do it) to sign as a witness for you (this varies from place-to-place)

Just in case - carry as much original paperwork with you and also bring plenty of patience!

Good luck!

RAZZ 

So they don’t do biometric scan in Bangkok immigration? That is strange, I thought they implement on every center. 

4 minutes ago, damen said:

So they don’t do biometric scan in Bangkok immigration? That is strange, I thought they implement on every center. 

As far as I know it is only being done on entry to the country at airports and border crossings.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

No mention of biometric scan yesterday.

They did say they will call and arrange a visit though.

RAZZ

Have they ever arrange a visit to you? The first time, i used an agent to help with the process. 

27 minutes ago, BoganInParasite said:

Is it all of the passport pages, or just those with any stamps/visas/etc, or just those with Thai specific stamps/visas/etc? 

Only those with stamps or visas for Thailand.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 11:36 AM, damen said:

Yes, we are renting a moo ban. Do have to have to renew the contract paperwork? Or last year contract will do? 

In CM they insist on a new contract every year.

and you kids birth certificates.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

I got married to a Thai last year and am now on a Non-O marriage visa, with border bounce every 90 days.

I own the condo I live in (bought in 2016) in Bangkok. In my case, will Chaengwatana require a TM 30?

It is another question but did you have any problem in crossing a border every 90 days with holding a Non-O marriage visa? 

8 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

No, never.

Reverting to your original query, I strongly suspect that the TM30 issue will only come into play in your case if and when you need to start having dealings at CW as regards extensions of stay, 90-day reports, etc.

So what do you intend doing in due course following the final border bounce under your current non-O multi-entry visa? Travel out of the country for another such visa? Or apply for an annual marriage extension at CW? If the latter, then you need to leg it down to CW within 24 hours of your arrival back at your condo following the final border bounce clutching a suitably-completed TM30 as housemaster.

Or, alternatively, submit the completed TM30 to CW by snail mail as others have reported doing.

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

Reverting to your original query, I strongly suspect that the TM30 issue will only come into play in your case if and when you need to start having dealings at CW as regards extensions of stay, 90-day reports, etc.

So what do you intend doing in due course following the final border bounce under your current non-O multi-entry visa? Travel out of the country for another such visa? Or apply for an annual marriage extension at CW? If the latter, then you need to leg it down to CW within 24 hours of your arrival back at your condo following the final border bounce clutching a suitably-completed TM30 as housemaster.

Or, alternatively, submit the completed TM30 to CW by snail mail as others have reported doing.

As my 15 months are nearly up (got non-O visa in May 2018), next month I could apply for a 60-day extension at CW, but it seems like too much hassle: long queues, waste a full day waiting, pay a fine $$$, ..... Will they then reject my application for the 60-day extension too, because I haven't got a TM30?

Rather just travel to Savannakhet again.

2 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

As my 15 months are nearly up (got non-O visa in May 2018), next month I could apply for a 60-day extension at CW, but it seems like too much hassle: long queues, waste a full day waiting, pay a fine $$$, ..... Will they then reject my application for the 60-day extension too, because I haven't got a TM30?

They might make you go stand in the TM-30 line first, where you could be fined, then you could apply for the extension.  The TM-30 by mail, sent today, would cover the bases, if you get a receipt back in time to use when you apply for the extension (make a copy and keep proof of mailing - might also work). 

I say "might" and "could" because reports vary, and they can pretty much make up whatever they want on the spot.

If planning on another Non-O-ME Visa anyway, I'd just do that - but HCMC seems like a nicer destination to do it, given crowds and possibly changed-attitudes at Savannakhet.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

I agree that a further multi-entry non-O would probably be the best way forward in your case (and with @JackThompson's suggestion that Hoh Chi Minh City might be a better destination of choice than Savannakhet for such a visa these days).

However, should you ever be minded (or need) to avail yourself of CW's services at some point in the future, you might be interested in reading @brewsterbudgen's comment at post #9 on the following thread regarding the submission of a TM30 by snail mail (which, as I recall from his other postings on here in this connection, is based on personal experience):-

(

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1