Staying in Thailand 6 months per year

1 hour ago, garrya said:

Thanks. This information puts things into a different perspective. 

Yes, indeed I merely enquired and my local Immigration and yes make sure you get a reentry permit but they need to know outward dates and a in coming date and yes the 90 day report does not need to be done.
Aso on extension of stay advisable to apply for a month before expiry of existing one.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A re-entry permit is until the permit to stay it issued for ends. For example if you apply for a one year extension of stay a re-entry permit would be valid to the it ends. A single re-entry permit would no longer be valid for entry after it is used. A multiple re-entry allows ulimit entries up to the date it expires.

Unless you plan a on traveling during the year your extension of stay (it is not a visa) it is valid you do not need one. 

I assume you are not applying for a multiple entry visa at a embassy or consulate since you do not need a re-entry permit for it since it allows unlimited entries up to the date it expires.

"" A single re-entry permit would no longer be valid for entry after it is used. """

ubonjoe,  I have already used a re-entry permit this year and can request another re-entry permit this year ?

5 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

I have already used a re-entry permit this year and can request another re-entry permit this year ?

Yes you can get a as many single re-entry permits as you want to. But not only one at a time.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can get a as many single re-entry permits as you want to. But not only one at a time. 

I didn't ask for unlimited entries this year , just one re-entry, so the answer is no if I ask another one ?

28 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

I didn't ask for unlimited entries this year , just one re-entry, so the answer is no if I ask another one ?

I dd not say that.

You can get as many single re-entry permits as you want to. Only one at a time means you can only have one valid one in your passport at a time.

• Thanks 1