Surin Beach’s temporary lifeguards on hold until further notice

webfact

Surin Beach’s temporary lifeguards on hold until further notice

By The Phuket News

1563242942_1-org.jpg

The sole so-called ‘lifeguard’ currently ‘on duty’ at Surin Beach relaxes in a chair in the shade (right) with his back to the beach while a family play by the red no-swimming flag on the beach. Photo: Supplied

PHUKET: The arrival of trained, professional lifeguards at Surin Beach is on hold until contractual issues have been resolved, MaAnn Samran, Chief of the Cherng Talay Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor), has told The Phuket News.

Mr MaAnn only last week promised that trained, qualified lifeguards will start this week.

The lifeguards were being hired under a B170,000 short-term arrangement, month by month, to patrol Surin Beach, and had to be hired on only a temporary basis as legal issues still prevent the OrBorTor from offering a government contract to provide full-time lifeguards, he explained last Wednesday (July 10). (See story here.)

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/surin-beach-temporary-lifeguards-on-hold-until-further-notice-72141.php#R7eBrmSdk0hPUryI.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-07-16

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

The arrival of trained, professional lifeguards at Surin Beach is on hold until contractual issues have been resolved, MaAnn Samran, Chief of the Cherng Talay Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor), has told The Phuket News.

In the meantime will there be signs in English: "No drowning until contractual issues have been resolved"?

I was a Boy Scout Life Guard and let me tell you, the class was NOT easy.  I was 17 at the time I earned it and I was on swimming and diving teams, had junior and senior lifesaving stuff already, etc..  But that scout life guard was grueling.  They were not there just to hand out the certification.  Swimming, towing, throwing, clothes on, clothes off, etc.  They failed many of the kids in the class, some went home crying. 

Archived