Medical Test required for Work Permit and recommended clinics in Chiangmai

tri

Good morning guys,

I just arrived in Thailand with a Non B visa, and I'm going to the Labour Office for getting my first Work Permit.

I've been informed that I must provide a Medical Certificate which requires a blood test (for syphilis testing).

Is that information correct? If so, do you know any clinic that could provide the medical certificate without the need of running a blood test?

Thanks!

I had to get the full medical last time around for my renewal WP. Found out that this business of getting a full medical has recently been enforced now. Don't waste your time getting a 50฿ medical signed by a doctor because they simply won't except it anymore. Try the Bangkok hospital. Fast, easy and not very expensive.

10 hours ago, Dominion said:

I had to get the full medical last time around for my renewal WP. Found out that this business of getting a full medical has recently been enforced now. Don't waste your time getting a 50฿ medical signed by a doctor because they simply won't except it anymore. Try the Bangkok hospital. Fast, easy and not very expensive.

Wondering how recent did that come into effect? 

I got my boi visa several weeks ago and didn't need to do any medical or police clearance

• 3 weeks later...

Agree with Xlance about CM Mediclinic, Dr Hawkins is by far the best doctor in Chiang Mai IMHO. Very easy to get to them on the canal from from Hang Dong. 500 baht for my WP certificate which includes a blood test too, great price and always very friendly and professional. Not sure I would go to see a dr that has a website domain name "chiangmaidoctor", seems a bit suspicious!!

21 hours ago, BrandoB said:

Not sure I would go to see a dr that has a website domain name "chiangmaidoctor", seems a bit suspicious!!

???? , but I'm definitely more likely to remember a web or email address like that than healthcaremedicalclinic.com cited above ????

by the way, a friend just did the work permit at the 'suspicious' Dr recently; 25 minutes, no blood test, just fingerprick - that would definitely be quicker than hospitals where it takes at least 2h for them to do the lab test.

5 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Does these tests apply only to farangs, or do they require the same tests for the locals? Just curious.

Falangs only as everyone knows Syphillis is only carried by foreigners.  When the Syphillis bacteria encounters a Thai national the bacillus can be seen in the microscope bending together the two upper portions of its outer membrane to form a 'Wai' then it immediately self destructs leaving 2 satang behind for the inconvenience.  Because Thailand.  And Science.  

On 7/19/2019 at 12:51 AM, XLance said:

CM Mediclinic in Chang Pheuak https://www.cmmediclinic.com/

or Raintree Medical Practice near MaeHia market https://www.chiangmaidoctor.com/ are other places; these are English-speaking clinics.

Blood test is necessary for Syphillis (VDRL or RPR)

Trolling for business again! And B.S. on the "English-speaking clinics".

12 hours ago, XLance said:

???? , but I'm definitely more likely to remember a web or email address like that than healthcaremedicalclinic.com cited above ????

by the way, a friend just did the work permit at the 'suspicious' Dr recently; 25 minutes, no blood test, just fingerprick - that would definitely be quicker than hospitals where it takes at least 2h for them to do the lab test.

Convenient that your wife runs this clinic - no?

7 hours ago, elektrified said:

Because you were caught out in another thread (the one where you defamed the Loy Kroh clinic).

just worried about something (not the clinic by the way, but the post is gone)...

3 hours ago, BrandoB said:

So Xlance your wife or girlfriend is Dr Artima from the Raintree clinic is that right?

yes, well, we changed the name because it attracted too many people seeking "alternative cures" ????

33 minutes ago, XLance said:

just worried about something (not the clinic by the way, but the post is gone)...

but I understand that it wasn't very appropriate for me to make that type of comment ????

Archived