UK PM candidate Johnson: Labour Party leader Corbyn guilty of anti-Semitism

Jonathan Fairfield

UK PM candidate Johnson: Labour Party leader Corbyn guilty of anti-Semitism

Screenshot 2562-07-16 at 13.10.31.png

LONDON (Reuters) - The frontrunner to become Britain’s next prime minister, Boris Johnson, said on Monday that the leader of the main opposition Labour party, Jeremy Corbyn, was guilty of anti-Semitism.

“I think by condoning anti-Semitism the way he does, I’m afraid he’s effectively culpable of that vice,” Johnson told a leadership debate organised by the Sun newspaper and TalkRadio.

The Labour Party has battled accusations of anti-Semitism since 2016 and Corbyn - a veteran campaigner for Palestinian rights - as well as other senior party officials have been accused of failing to take decisive action to deal with it.

“Jeremy Corbyn is implacably opposed to anti-Semitism in all its forms and has campaigned against it throughout his life,” a Labour Party spokesperson said, calling Johnson’s comments “baseless”.

Reporting by William James and Kylie MacLellan; Editing by Kevin Liffey and Marguerita Choy

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-07-16

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

And yet he wouldn't condemn Trump as a racist after his “Go back home” comments. 

Amazing Hypocrisy by Johnson. 

Trump is in the USA, Corbyn and Johnson are both in the UK..Think we are dealing with UK stuff chum....????

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Yes I worked that one out. 

His views on Corbyn are meaningless imo as he is a total hypocrite. 

...IRA and other terrorists groups Corbyn goes quiet about when asked, why is that...?

46 minutes ago, vogie said:

What ever one thinks of Johnson, there is no denying that Corbyn is an anti-semite. Even the the Labour Party think so, apart from his closet friends in his inner sanctum.

Hmm,..It's a political thing, accuse someone (preferably a opponent or someone you really want to eliminate) of antisemitism and he has to divert and use more energy and resources to defend himself !!! So he can not fully concentrate fully on the real problems to solve !?!?...it has some interesting variations, accuse someone of racism, pedophilia, corruption, and you surely can think of a few more things !?

Thing like that are well explained in the 2 books all politicians have to read "The Prince" By Machiavelli, and "The Art Of War" by Lao Tzu !!!

Corbyn have been and is a staunch supporter and a hoge penderer to the and of the Palestinian and their cause, so much so that he paid homage to the burial sites of known arch terrorist without batting an eyelid and never tried to hide his utter dislike and disdain to Israel and zionism, not sure about being a racist to jews but since israel is jewish for the most parts, you do the math... 

11 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Hmm,..It's a political thing, accuse someone (preferably a opponent or someone you really want to eliminate) of antisemitism and he has to divert and use more energy and resources to defend himself !!! So he can not fully concentrate fully on the real problems to solve !?!?...it has some interesting variations, accuse someone of racism, pedophilia, corruption, and you surely can think of a few more things !?

Thing like that are well explained in the 2 books all politicians have to read "The Prince" By Machiavelli, and "The Art Of War" by Lao Tzu !!!

However you want to word it, Corbyns history is not good, nor is the evidence of MPs and Peers leaving the Labour in droves through anti Semetism. In the 3 or 4 years Corbyn has been in charge anti-Semetism has reached epidemic proportions. Corbyn is the leader and with him, the buck stops with him, he has done nothing to eliminate this disease from the Labour Party, his fault.

20 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Only in this example Johnson is re-stated a commonly held and discussed view. That Corbyn is anti-semetic and interfered in his own party's investigation into complaints of anti-semetism.

Total baloney by the king of the baloney sandwich, Boris Johnson. Corbyn supports the Palestinian cause. Israel is trying to make out that showing any compassion at all for a large group of refugees that have been living in camps for decades and are systematically having their land stolen is equal to antisemitism. Well if that is the case I am proud to be called antisemite. Israel's inhuman treatment of Palestinians his an international outrage.

30 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Total baloney by the king of the baloney sandwich, Boris Johnson. Corbyn supports the Palestinian cause. Israel is trying to make out that showing any compassion at all for a large group of refugees that have been living in camps for decades and are systematically having their land stolen is equal to antisemitism. Well if that is the case I am proud to be called antisemite. Israel's inhuman treatment of Palestinians his an international outrage.

Do you just dislike Israeli Jews or all Jews ?

31 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Note to self: if I ever get invited to Pedrogazs house for a musical soiree, not to take my jews harp as the instrument of choice.

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

He has already started his sucking up process to Trump. Mind you Hunt had a chance to grow a pair, surprise surprise he failed to. 

Anyway back to Corbyn........

Who is this "Trump" person, that you keep mentioning ?

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Only in this example Johnson is re-stated a commonly held and discussed view. That Corbyn is anti-semetic and interfered in his own party's investigation into complaints of anti-semetism.

The anti-semitism issue has been discussed ad nauseam  on a recent thread, the general view (Before people expired from boredom) was that Corbyn was not himself anti-semitic per se, but the party had dealt with it very poorly.

However to have Bojo, the man who gave us "Flag waving piccaninies with watermelon smiles" call anyone out on this, shows the ultimate  hypocrite at work again. It is hard to think of any politician who would cause greater embarrassment to the UK as Prime Minister. 

3 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

The anti-semitism issue has been discussed ad nauseam  on a recent thread, the general view (Before people expired from boredom) was that Corbyn was not himself anti-semitic per se, but the party had dealt with it very poorly.

However to have Bojo, the man who gave us "Flag waving piccaninies with watermelon smiles" call anyone out on this, shows the ultimate  hypocrite at work again. It is hard to think of any politician who would cause greater embarrassment to the UK as Prime Minister. 

Although that was written 17 years ago 

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Note to self: if I ever get invited to Pedrogazs house for a musical soiree, not to take my jews harp as the instrument of choice.

Don't worry you will never get an invite, jews harp or guitar in hand.

4 hours ago, transam said:

...IRA and other terrorists groups Corbyn goes quiet about when asked, why is that...?

oh you mean he called for negotiations with them to stop the troubles? Like the British government did, even at the height of the troubles they opened back door channels to talk about peace, read your history

4 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

I am with you 1000% on your post Pedrogaz. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Archived