New Kawasaki KLX 230

br12stol

KLX230 / KLX230 (ABS SE) 120,000baht

Kawasaki’s new KLX230 was purpose-built for serious dirt fun, with both its engine and frame designed from the beginning with trail riding in mind. The all-new 233 cm3 air-cooled, 4-stroke Single engine delivers ample low-mid range torque, and its simple construction makes it ideal for trail runs. The all-new compact perimeter frame was designed to offer the handling stability needed for confident trail riding. KX inspiration can be found in the slim ergonomics and aggressive styling. The new, highly capable dual purpose machine (with 21”/18” wheels) – available with or without Kawasaki’s first dual-purpose ABS – is powerful, light, and manoeuvrable, making it an ideal partner for attacking the trails.

klx230-green-01.jpg

I thought these were available in Australia. Maybe not. They will compete with the Honda CRF 230 that in built in India/Brazil (?). Not much cheaper than the KLX 250 , but lower and lighter. This will appeal to many new riders. Im still hoping for a KLX 450.   ????

• Thanks 1

I agree with Yankee, too heavy. When I first saw this yesterday I was a bit pissed off that they released this a few months after I bought the KLX140G but then when I checked the specs and saw it was 45,000 Baht more and about 80 pounds heavier I wasn't too upset.

It's pretty ugly as well, ignoring that front light for a moment it seems to be the same chassis as the KXL140 but they've increased the seat height 2 inches so it looks like a small bike at the front and a normal sized enduro at the back where they've "built it up" on a small chassis. The wheelbase looks too short as well, almost like it's been rear ended and the back wheel has been pushed towards the engine, makes me wonder how it handles. It all looks a bit Frankenstein to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Concur,

if it was'nt painted green, i'd swear it was a 47k Lifan 200.

Hideous.

Stick with the water cooled (can't believe i'm saying this!) established KLX250

Just a few more years lads , and thaiguzzi will come over to the darkside.  Watercooled , EFI , ABS.  Come on tg , you know you want too.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is a whole new range of Kawasaki off road bikes out there is a 300 cc in the line up.

the 230r at 115 kg could be fun ,not sure about the front end forks though look a bit cheap.

0BA31385-0419-420C-93D2-E7F548315800.png

750BFCFE-5D91-443E-9EBC-9850E287C416.png

Edited by taninthai

The 500 cc Yamaha was already a hit.

Can you imagine to have a 1100 cc engine under your ar_e? A real thunder!!! Sorry for being off topic, but this bike caught my eye in a way that I'd love to have one. 

Yamaha Virago XV 1100 Motocross.jpg

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Like 2

On 7/18/2019 at 2:59 AM, Damrongsak said:

I have my heart set on a Lifan KP-200 water-cooled street bike with EFI.  17 HP @ 8,000 RPM.  Top speed of 120.7 km/h, a real screamer! 

How much is it OTR? And any owners' reports here on TV or anywhere else? I can't fix bikes and need a good garage - or else, I'll buy Japanese.

• 7 months later...

Anyone know if the 230r is available or have to order (like the klx300)

Strange how the 230r is listed 4k more than the 230 dual......easy enough to dump the hideous looking headlight and replace with plastic

Already have the CRF but the 230 looks like a lot of fun and more manageable for tight trials ..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have no idea why you guys do not like KLX230.  such a lovely bike.  i have several off-road bikes, and just got this one. such a fun!!! plenty of power, light and cheap.  people just like to complain. 

Edited by Krisanadi
  • Haha 2