Fake

Kurtf

There is a device offered for sale that I have seen advertised on Thai Visa. A new invention invented by the Japanese that will allow you to converse with anyone in more than 40 different languages. Sounded wonderful so I bought one for $89 US dollars. It took four weeks t get it and I was really excited when it finally arrived. I downloaded the instruction manual and followed the directions step by step. You have to download a program on your cell phone and then pair it with the device. I did that and then tried it out. It didn’t work. Several times I got a message saying it couldn’t hear me even though I was talking directly into the microphone. Then one or two times it spouted out a single word that had nothing to do with what I had said.

Rather a long story to just tell everyone, let my lesson on stupidity and gullibility be a lesson to you. Don’t fall for that device and the slick advertisement they show.

Kurtf, I don't think you need to castigate yourself so harshly. You did what many thousands of people have done. It is, after all, possibly the same one being advertised in the side bars of Thai Visa. Put it down to being cheated by the company selling them and  I hope more people expose this gizmo if it is indeed a fraudulently advertised product. If not, the promoters should provide you with a new working model.

There are other bogus products being sold on the internet...google the product name and read the reviews...do not trust the reviews promoted by the company to sell products to unsuspecting innocent buyers...

Buyers beware!  

This advertisement pops up very frequently. But, when it says it will allow you to converse with anyone in more than 40 different languages... I put it straight into the category of the email I received saying that I was the lucky person to win a couple of million $$$$$, even without making any effort!

Some things are really too good to be true.

The google translate app works very well - just talk into it and it translates instantly. Admittedly you have to speak loudly and clearly or it can get it wrong. It does handwriting as well by drawing on the screen. Costs nothing.

Is that 

On 7/23/2019 at 3:49 AM, SteveK said:

The google translate app works very well - just talk into it and it translates instantly. Admittedly you have to speak loudly and clearly or it can get it wrong. It does handwriting as well by drawing on the screen. Costs nothing.

Can you try that app before buying? 

Could you ask it to translate เงินค่าบำรุง , when I enter that in the Google translate feature it just writes the Thai where there should appear the English. 

Archived