Migration from eastern Europe raises German population to record high

snoop1130

Migration from eastern Europe raises German population to record high

download.jpg

BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany’s population reached a record high of more than 83 million people last year, largely because migration, most of which came from eastern Europe, data showed on Tuesday.

Net migration fell to some 400,000 people in 2018 from 416,000 in the previous year, the Federal Statistics Office said. European Union states remained the main origin of new arrivals with net migration of 202,000.

Within this group, net migration was highest from Romania (68,000), Croatia (29,000), Bulgaria (27,000) and Poland (20,000), the data showed.

Record-high employment and falling joblessness have led to a tightening labor market in Europe’s largest economy, with employers struggling to staff more than a million positions and work-related bottlenecks limiting overall economic growth.

An ageing population and low birth rates mean Germany’s workforce is likely to shrink over coming decades, so migrants are considered crucial to help companies find workers, whose pension contributions support the growing number of retirees.

Fewer refugees from war-torn countries seem to be arriving in Germany. Net migration from Syria nearly halved to 34,000 in 2018 from 60,000 in the previous year. Net migration from Africa slipped to 34,000 from 35,000.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-07-16

Germans aren't scared of these people stealing jobs from natives because they have strong union and decent protection of workers. In other nations where native workers aren't as well protected, this influx can create fear and resentment. Obviously, the solution is to increase worker protection in those nations. Instead, too many direct their energy and resentment elsewhere. Much to the satisfaction of employers.

The fairy tale of migrating workers filling vacancies for qualified jobs.

Romania, Bulgaria: a vast number of those are "Sinti and Romany".

Impossible to live with these people in a neighborhood.

Most living on welfare. Zero interest in integrating to society.

Single parent settles in Germany to cash in the child support money for children back home.

And this is not about one or two children.

Millions of precarious jobs on minimum wage and illegals pushing it even lower.

And the boom is coming to an end.

Many mass layoffs announced in automotive, chemical, banking e.g.

Good and qualified Germans migrate to countries with much better working conditions/salary like Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Austria etc.

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

so migrants are considered crucial to help companies find workers, whose pension contributions support the growing number of retirees.

True but: migrants that are qualified and socially compatible

Migrants that are applying and being screened.

Not migrants walking in randomly.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I see a thread on the subject of Eastern European’s is already being hijacked by the resident Islamophobes.

Nope.   Troll post and replies removed.  

Making things up much? I guess you don't have much use for evidence, do you?

Eastern Europeans filling hundreds of thousands of new German jobs

"Hundreds of thousands of new jobs in Germany are being done by workers from Eastern Europe, according to government figures. Employment figures in July were 700,000 higher than in the previous year.

Every second job being created in Germany is being filled by a foreigner, according to  Federal Employment Agency (BA) figures."

https://www.dw.com/en/eastern-europeans-filling-hundreds-of-thousands-of-new-german-jobs/a-45790776

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

Nope,

I wasn't talking about Germany and nowhere in my post is Germany mentioned, my reference point was the UK.

However, regards your comments on anti Eu fake news, nobody has done more to spread discontent, fake news and blatant lies regards Brexit than the EU and Tory remain Mops, many who have vested interests.

This thread is about immigrants from Eastern Europe raising the the German Population to a record high. Obsessed much?

Germany is getting old, we need migration, there's no way around this.

Many of these eastern european "immigrants" are ethnic germans anyway, russian germans (volga germans, romania germans, polish germans) etc.

Many of these countries were a part of germany before WW1 and 2.

There are cities such as Weidenthal in romania which are 30% germans, maybe some people here should educate themselves a bit. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaus_Iohannis 

This is romanias president, most here won't know as they lack education, but he looks quite german to me....

2 minutes ago, transam said:

But we fund ourselves...Do we not...?

So do they.

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

NO - not in the slightest ! We have to we have get a visa each year and show an ability to pay our way. These people don't ! AND they get to claim free health care !

They don't get free healthcare, germany has no free healthcare.

2 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Many of these eastern european "immigrants" are ethnic germans anyway, russian germans (volga germans, romania germans, polish germans) etc.

There are cities such as Weidenthal in romania which are 30% germans, maybe some people here should educate themselves a bit. 

This is romanias president, most here won't know as they lack education, but he looks quite german to me....

What are you smoking...?

It's a mess created by the EU rules. Firstly Germany, a recognised and rightly rated as a superior economy, has been unfairly advantaged by operating in a currency weighed down by weaker economies thereby becoming a magnet for non German workers. 

Secondly free movement of people was a mistake which has consequences in housing schools, hospitals etc., Far better would have been to give large incentives for businesses to expand in Poland etc., Why on earth should hundreds of thousands of people uproot themselves, causing a worker "drain" in their own countries when factories just could much easier be built there. 

So do they.

Which backs up the point of these people flitting around the countries to see which one offers the best deal as a ' non working ' EU national.

They aren't coming to the UK because they streets are paved with Gold, they are coming to abuse our welfare system and free healthcare.

6 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

So do they.

So folk are turned away if they have a problem, not a nose job, a problem...You have no idea what you are talking about....

Just now, Scouse123 said:

Which backs up the point of these people flitting around the countries to see which one offers the best deal as a ' non working ' EU national.

They aren't coming to the UK because they streets are paved with Gold, they are coming to abuse our welfare system and free healthcare.

No mostly for work: https://www.dw.com/en/poland-the-high-price-of-emigration/a-44148297

And that's why Germany & the UK benefit and Poland and co are losing out.

Since Poland joined the EU in 2004, some 20,000 trained nurses have left the country, mainly to work as caregivers. Today there are 280,000 nurses in Poland; only 42,000 of them are under the age of 40. The average age is 51. In 2015, Poland had 5.2 nurses and 2.3 doctors per 1,000 citizens (in Germany, the ratios are 13 and 4.1 to 1,000). The country's health-care system is chronically underfunded. It thus comes as no surprise that ever more personnel consider leaving. The social costs of that situation, however, are massive. In 2007, three years after Poland joined the EU, 1,300 children were forced to live in orphanages or foster families because their parents were working abroad. Currently, it is estimated that Poland has roughly 100,000 "Euro orphans," as well as a number of "Euro seniors" whose grown-up children work and live abroad.

You claim it's the other way around, got any facts on hand? Maybe link them here and let's see how the poles and co destry the UK?

15 minutes ago, transam said:

So folk are turned away if they have a problem, not a nose job, a problem...You have no idea what you are talking about....

Yeah we don't let people die after a car crash, we are not animals. Everyone is entitled to emergency treatment.

You can't go to a normal doctor without a healthcare insurance card or paying in cash.

That's why all german healthinsurance cards got equipped with biometrics in the chip, so doctors see if it's really the same person.

You can use an EHIC card tho, a european health insurance card, that makes sure german doctors get paid.

This is just for emergency stuff tho.

Why would a doctor threat someone for free without getting paid?? If he does so then because he's nice but he's not forced.

But tell me more about my own country....you seem to be an expert. 

Thank you for your interest in german health insurance, and european health insurance in general, but it's time to educate yourself now: http://www.germanyhis.com/health-insurance-immigrants-germany/

If you are coming from a country, which is member of the European Union and wanting to immigrate to Germany you need to keep some things in mind. Because of the right of freedom of movement inside the European Union it is allowed as EU-citizen to live in every member country. With so called social insurance conducts the insurance between the countries is arranged. If you come to Germany your old insurance is still valid, you only need to have the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).

The problem that occurs is that this insurance does not cover all benefits but is only made for emergencies. If you want to stay in Germany in the long term and have found work here you should take out a German insurance. If you do this the normal rules for choosing private or compulsory insurance take place.

Yeah we don't let people die after a car crash, we are not animals. Everyone is entitled to emergency treatment.

You can't go to a normal doctor without a healthcare insurance card or paying in cash.

That's why all german healthinsurance cards got equipped with bimoetrics in the chip, so doctors see if it's really the same person.

You can use an EHIC card tho, a european health insurance card, that makes sure german doctors get paid.

This is just for emergency stuff tho.

Why would a doctor threat someone for free without getting paid?? If he does so then because he's nice but he's not forced.

But tell me more about my own country....you seem to be an expert. 

Thank you for your interest in german health insurance, and european health insurance in general, but it's time to educate yourself now: http://www.germanyhis.com/health-insurance-immigrants-germany/

As I am English we do not have all that card stuff, we have free health care for all.  It is called the National Health Service. A system where money doesn't come into the equation if one has a problem. I am surprised your country doesn't have the same system, perhaps that's why YOU welcome outsiders because YOU think they pay for healthcare..

UK also has private stuff where you can go if you want to pay...We and all are well covered...????...But not for a free nose job..

Fair is fair. In rougher times it was Germans who migrated for economic reasons. Other countries needed the labour and welcomed them. Tons to my country Canada. In the USA German is the biggest ethnic group. Most good, some Trump.  Same for the Brits and Irish to Canada, USA, N.Z, Aust........ My own people started coming to the new world from the UK nearly 400 years ago. Some because they were religious nuts but most for economic reasons. It's worked out well for all and so will this. 

42 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Obsessed when certain people keep trying to post a positive spin on this migration when overall it has not been as such across the EU.

Germany, the absolute originator who welcomes migrants with open arms from not only the EU, but the Middle East and Africa until they saw the devastation it brought, now wants to announce that ' multiculturalism doesn't work '  They only admitted this after they bombed in the country's elections.

Once again this thread is about Eastern Europe migration to Germany. Seems it's been a big economic success. You got any problems with that?

1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Don’t confuse xenophobes with facts that contradict their narrow world view.

9 minutes ago, transam said:

As I am English we do not have all that card stuff, we have free health care for all.  It is called the National Health Service. A system where money doesn't come into the equation if one has a problem. I am surprised your country doesn't have the same system, perhaps that's why YOU welcome outsiders because YOU think they pay for healthcare..

UK also has private stuff where you can go if you want to pay...We and all are well covered...????...But not for a free nose job..

All correct except for saying that the NHS is free. Its free at the point of contact but I as an example have paid NHS contributions from my salary every year of my working life from the age of 15...to age 65.  In effect every hospital bed shortage created by migrants from Eastern Europe is mirrored by an empty bed in their own country. The answer is for companies to move - not people. 

9 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Once again this thread is about Eastern Europe migration to Germany. Seems it's been a big economic success. You got any problems with that?

Do you believe everything you read in the papers?

My, you have lead a sheltered life!

and so as long as Germany is alright, they damn the rest of Europe, that isn't alright!

That's what most of all this is about, Germany getting it's own way with France on its tailcoat, a nice cosy little partnership.

It certainly isn't and never was about economic fairness and equal opportunities for the 27 other nations.

Archived