Police begin hunt for foreign man over attacking dog

snoop1130

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t agree with cruelty to animals, but seriously where we live it’s not possible to walk from the village to the local bars and restaurants ( 250 metres) at night for fear of the packs of dogs. Again not supporting an attack on the dog with a knife but seriously the authorities need to do something about the hounds.

You know what is really cruel, that the government even do nothing about straying dogs, shitting all over the place, biting right anybody, spreading diseases and also not to forget causing road accident by running on roads.

14 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

That's not the guy who posted on TV yesterday about aggressive dog and how he was chasing it with a stick yesterday, is it?

I damn sure hope so.

99.9% of Soi dogs I have seen in my 14 yrs bother NO ONE.......they dont even stand up.

It is either too damn hot out or they are under nourished and dont have the energy.

I fully support prosecuting anyone that would hurt a dog..........the most loving loyal creatures on the planet.

rescued this dog on my jobsite in China, he could not walk on his front paws.........nursed him to health and when project finished and I return to Thailand, he came too.........found him in 2013.........still with me today, never leaves my side 7/24’s

E93E644C-D15C-4398-97C8-934326D73D07.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

Don’t agree with cruelty to animals, but seriously where we live it’s not possible to walk from the village to the local bars and restaurants ( 250 metres) at night for fear of the packs of dogs. Again not supporting an attack on the dog with a knife but seriously the authorities need to do something about the hounds.

soon it will be like in roemania, dogs attacking, children and folks

roemania solved this by giving hunting licence and a premium to licensed hunters

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“This behavior is so cruel to a dog. This man looks so angry, but there is no need to use a knife to hit the dog. Poor dog…,” Chalong Police Chief Col Therdthoon Sroisukphaphan told The Phuket News today

What other options are there? What number can they call to get the dog removed? How many officers will you send over to track down the owner when the dog bites someone? Who will pay when a kid gets bitten?

The best move i have ever made was buying a home in a luxury moobaan with gates and guards. No more soi dogs, people walk their dogs on a leash here and pick up the poo, no mentally ill people putting out food for strays anywhere, etc. So worth the money!

1 hour ago, donmarcop said:

I think most here forget they are guests and it’s a privilege to stay longer than a vacation in Thailand. The dogs are local, not you.

if you are really concerned for their welfare, donate your time and money to local organizations that spay, vaccinate, etc. or better yet, adopt one as well. 

So soi dogs, and presumably rats and snakes have more rights over us because they are 'local' and we are on extensions. Living here is not a privilege it's more an endurance test not helped by the place infested with diseased mutts in varying states of decomposition. I am NOT concerned about their welfare and would prefer them all disposed of.

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Defending yourself against attack seems to be wrong here, best we just accept that if we are attacked we should just let the animal or person do what they want then go hospital and pay thousands for treatment!! 

Man time for you to find a happy place. This place is clearly not for you. Life is short. Find a place you love and feel respected and just go there. No need to live in misery. 

13 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

I'll tell you what is really cruel, letting about 4 million stray dogs to roam about breeding, barking, shitting, biting and spreading disease.

Many Thai towns are engaging in culling the soi dogs, which is the most compassionate solution to this mess. Everywhere you go, you see mangy dogs, who barely have enough food to eat. For some reason, there is a percentage of the population, that holds the incredibly ignorant belief, that there is some sort of Buddhavistic merit in feeding soi dogs. 

I just watched the video ....That in no way looked like an aggressive dog, it looked like a dog who wandered into whatever that building is, maybe to get away from the man on the motorbike with the metal baton??  The crazy man seemed to seek him out in order to beat him and he just cowered and let him do that.  When another dog came, wimpy crazy man immediately gave up, he seems to be frightened of dogs ...that might tell us something.  Seems the second dog saved the first one.

6 hours ago, beechbum said:

Well he's been outed big time, his name, age, nationality, passport number and local address have all been posted on facebook.

And if that were done to a full fledged Thai criminal, the people who outed him would be subject to cowardly and ignorant libel laws. Does not apply to foreigners, it would appear. Do foreigners have any protection of any sort here? 

Came out my car a few days ago to check my car tires at a local tire repair shop at a PTT gas station. As soon as I got out the car the shop owners dog charged at me and was literally trying to bite me. There was a ten second stand off and then I kicked the dog in the mouth, and the dog ran back in the shop. The owner watching the whole time from inside, came running out asking why I attacked the dog and claiming it wasn't really going to bite me - Well, that would have been really hard to tell. I guess he'd be happier apologizing to me if the dog had really bitten me. Some of these dog owners enjoy watching their aggressive dogs harass other people but are first to cry foul when the people defend themselves.

If a dog charges at me, and is trying to attack me or is attacking me, and what I happen to have in my hand was a knife, then I'm afraid I'd have to put in work on the dog...Yes, with the knife!

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Many Thai towns are engaging in culling the soi dogs, which is the most compassionate solution to this mess. Everywhere you go, you see mangy dogs, who barely have enough food to eat. For some reason, there is a percentage of the population, that holds the incredibly ignorant belief, that there is some sort of Buddhavistic merit in feeding soi dogs. 

Not seen any evidence myself of towns culling the vermin. In our moobaan some organization collect 12, only to dump them up the road. Thais don't really see them as a problem, but you don't see this in places like Japan or Singapore because they would never let it become a problem in the first place.

39 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Far more concern shown by the Thai authorities for a Thai soi dog chased by a farang than they would ever show for a foreigner beaten up for no particular reason by Thai hoodlums.

Ain't that the truth. I don't agree so easily. But after so many numerous articles read and first hand treatment after someone does wrong to me. It makes me wonder if the dog lover's association isn't handing out brown envelopes to get the police involved. 

Why would a foreigner or anyone go after an animal that is not trying to bite him? Makes absolutely no sense. Especially if the foreigner has been in Thailand for more than a day and has seen first hand soi dogs everywhere or their viciousness. 

I find soi dogs can be very aggressive, but they are only defending their territory in most cases. Also, dogs can become aggressive if they have food and see the intruder as a threat. I usually carry a walking stick when out locally. It just needs to be pointed at the dog to make it back off. No point hitting the dog, which will only makes it more aggressive. On the other hand, you have a means of defense if required.  

Archived