Police begin hunt for foreign man over attacking dog

snoop1130

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Captain 776 said:

I damn sure hope so.

99.9% of Soi dogs I have seen in my 14 yrs bother NO ONE.......they dont even stand up.

It is either too damn hot out or they are under nourished and dont have the energy.

rescued this dog on my jobsite in China, he could not walk on his front paws.........nursed him to health and when project finished and I return to Thailand, he came too.........found him in 2013.........still with me today, never leaves my side 7/24’s

Your dog has separation anxiety if it 'never leaves your side 7/24's. 

You are welcome to come to my village and sit at the local shop.  It's usual for the 12  or so big street dogs there to go after random people on their bikes, walking or entering the shop to buy stuff.. even little kids.

If you go down the road there is another pack that lives at the temple.  They are even worse... one year they killed a young calf in the rice field.  I have seen people actually fall off their scoters due to the dogs chasing them and surrounding them on the corner... and one was a family with a baby!

I have seen the dogs from my street corner a cat and rip it to bits alive one evening.  From the 6 or so dogs that lived down our road a few years ago there are now nearly 30, from they constantly breeding, and dumb people putting out food for the puppies.  I can see it's going to end badly... either they will get a lethal disease to kill them off (as all these dog lovers who feed them have not vaccinated them), or they will do some serious damage to someone and will be dealt with the Thai sneaky way. 

I think you must live in the city, perhaps the dogs there are more chilled out.  But if you come to the countryside you will meet dogs that will chase you and try to bit you in a very short time.  I have lived here 14 years and have been bitten 3 times during that time.. requiring anti rabies vaccination and stitches and my own dog was viciously mauled be a 2 street dogs last year when I took her for a walk on a lead in the usual place I had taken her every day for 8 years....and she had to be put to sleep... and guess what.... the owners of the dogs are nowhere to be found and no one knows whose dogs they happen to be.

Well cared for dogs are loyal and lovely pets.  Feral and street dogs, or dog allowed to roam the streets in packs are NOT!  

Some nine months ago or so Thailand’s tourist authority and police insisted the issue of stray dogs will be solved this was after an eight yr old boy was killed by dogs in Bkk ... and now they are protecting stray dogs .... so ridiculous 

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

hunt for foreign man

Yes this we know, police and Thai hunting for foreigners. what's becoming to this land.

Soi dogs are so nice, until the bite you or your child.

54 minutes ago, rvaviator said:
3 hours ago, onekoolguy said:
Just back from Vietnam.
They have zero Soi dogs!
Pets are kept on a lease or in the arms of their owners.

Is that not because they eat dogs in Vietnam ?

Could the ones being carried in the arms perhaps a takeaway then?

8 hours ago, beechbum said:

Well he's been outed big time, his name, age, nationality, passport number and local address have all been posted on facebook.

Good.  Police and Immigration please process his blacklisting and deportation as soon as possible.  His sort is not wanted here.

9 minutes ago, Tomahawk21 said:

lets find out why hes pissed with the dog first, maybe it attacked his kids or family first ,

if you read the full article it stated that he was previously fined for being  violently aggressive towards a female. Sounds to me like a bully that needs to be sent back to another country so he can abuse his own kind there..

20 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

I'll tell you what is really cruel, letting about 4 million stray dogs to roam about breeding, barking, shitting, biting and spreading disease.

Thais put up with Soi dogs for one reason & one reason only... fee security alarm.

It's got noting to do with love of animals!

20 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

I'll tell you what is really cruel, letting about 4 million stray dogs to roam about breeding, barking, shitting, biting and spreading disease.

A friend of mine was walking past a house when 2 dogs ran out of the house, biting him on both ankles. He confronted the Thai house owner whose only comment was "Get off my property!"

“I have ordered Chalong Police Deputy Chief Lt Col Sanan Janrong to follow up on this case now that we have been shown the video clip"

Nice to know that the police have got their priorities right for a change! 

1 hour ago, Kim J said:

Yes "apparently" he was!

But that is a completely separate issue and a very different one and not what is being discussed here. Ultimately nobody here knows the circumstances behind what led to this stray dog being attacked, or for that matter any other "apparent" incident. But what constantly mystifies me in such instances is the instant condemnation that occurs by those seemingly placing a higher importance on the well being of stray dogs over that of people.

I don't believe this is separate issue at all, this guy is demonstrating he can't control himself. He shows a pattern of aggressiveness that needs to reined in, first to a woman and now an animal, what's next a child? Send him home..

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

That's the way it should be. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats. None roam the streets.

You have cats that don't roam? Congratulations, you have found the secret to herding cats.

My son has a cat which is confined to indoors. Letting it out would be a death sentence for wildlife within a couple of square miles.

1 hour ago, sambum said:

A friend of mine was walking past a house when 2 dogs ran out of the house, biting him on both ankles. He confronted the Thai house owner whose only comment was "Get off my property!"

Report to the police. They have to pay compensation but it's better to hire a solicitor to sue them.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:23 PM, Orton Rd said:

I was thinking just like this about grumpy foreigners...

On 7/16/2019 at 7:23 AM, Orton Rd said:

Whats even more cruel is people like you distorting the numbers from an estimated 8.5 million dogs in Thailand, of which about 730,000 are abandoned by their owners. Bangkok alone is estimated to have from 100,000 to 300,000 street dogs. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_dogs_in_Thailand). And you complain & bitch about it but are willing to do nothing humanely to help solve the problem. 

How about putting your money where your mouth is & do something productive. Donate $10.00/200B a month (minimum) to help vaccinate/spade/neuter these unfortunate animals that have been DUMPED on the streets by their irresponsible Thai owners! Its not the damn dogs fault for being a dog!

https://www.soidog.org/content/make-donation

So <deleted>ing tired of reading all your complaints aimed at the dogs when you should be taking it to the irresponsible OWNERS!!

Archived