Police begin hunt for foreign man over attacking dog

snoop1130

That's not the guy who posted on TV yesterday about aggressive dog and how he was chasing it with a stick yesterday, is it?
No mate it's not, stick was to scare it not to cause harm!! But if the dog had come at me with the intention of causing me injury the stick would have been used to defend myself!!

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead of criminalizing acts which are often committed out of frustration, fear, or well-justified anger, I say go after the dog owners with a vengeance. Force them to deal with the neglected, half-starved, unvaccinated public nuisances they've created. Its the pet owners who should be fined up the ying yang and put in jail until they either get rid of the unwanted animal, or start taking better care of it. I'm standing with this guy. Excuse the hell out of me for not enjoying getting bitten by dogs. What's that phrase: 'Once bitten, twice beaten'? Anyway, something like that. This BS about treating this guy like he's the werewolf of Phuket has got to stop now.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:59 PM, amykat said:

I just watched the video ....That in no way looked like an aggressive dog, it looked like a dog who wandered into whatever that building is, maybe to get away from the man on the motorbike with the metal baton??  The crazy man seemed to seek him out in order to beat him and he just cowered and let him do that.  When another dog came, wimpy crazy man immediately gave up, he seems to be frightened of dogs ...that might tell us something.  Seems the second dog saved the first one.

Spare me your misguided sympathy for the dog. The dog has been terrorising him for months. Put him in hospital a few months back with deep leg wounds that cost him 20,000 baht and the owner refused to help with any medical costs.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:23 PM, Orton Rd said:

I'll tell you what is really cruel, letting about 4 million stray dogs to roam about breeding, barking, shitting, biting and spreading disease.

Yes, quite do.

But so-called dog lovers don't seem to think so.

15 hours ago, vincent13 said:

Spare me your misguided sympathy for the dog. The dog has been terrorising him for months. Put him in hospital a few months back with deep leg wounds that cost him 20,000 baht and the owner refused to help with any medical costs.

Spare me your misguided story's vinny....

Harding said that he attacked the dog because it had attacked his dog, Capt Weerayut noted.

He said that he hit that dog because it kept fighting with his dog. He said he loved his dog very much and that he wanted revenge.

Whats even more cruel is people like you distorting the numbers from an estimated 8.5 million dogs in Thailand, of which about 730,000 are abandoned by their owners. Bangkok alone is estimated to have from 100,000 to 300,000 street dogs. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_dogs_in_Thailand). And you complain & bitch about it but are willing to do nothing humanely to help solve the problem. 
How about putting your money where your mouth is & do something productive. Donate $10.00/200B a month (minimum) to help vaccinate/spade/neuter these unfortunate animals that have been DUMPED on the streets by their irresponsible Thai owners! Its not the damn dogs fault for being a dog!
https://www.soidog.org/content/make-donation

So ing tired of reading all your complaints aimed at the dogs when you should be taking it to the irresponsible OWNERS!!
Quite agree, shoot the owners.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 7/16/2019 at 10:23 PM, amykat said:

That is because people get more annoyed when they try to shop at Tesco and go to bank and get money out of their bank accounts ....hard for them to decide what to do???

What.gif

19 hours ago, vincent13 said:

Says who?  How do you know this?  Who is the owner?  Well if it has an owner  maybe he should go attack the owner because the owner is his equal I suppose and can pay him, the dog can’t pay him.

Spare me your misguided sympathy for the guy ....I don’t know him, most people know how to manage a dog if they have half a brain.  I’m sure the man has more choices in life than the dog.

And by the way, a dominant aggressive dog, would not have just cowered and accepted a beating like that, especially by someone whom he had been previously terrorizing as you put it.  He should have been fully capable of fighting back but just chose not to.  He could have gotten some good bites in at the very least, if not totally overwhelmed that guy!!

8 hours ago, amykat said:

Says who?  How do you know this?  Who is the owner?  Well if it has an owner  maybe he should go attack the owner because the owner is his equal I suppose and can pay him, the dog can’t pay him.

Spare me your misguided sympathy for the guy ....I don’t know him, most people know how to manage a dog if they have half a brain.  I’m sure the man has more choices in life than the dog.

The dogs in the street outside my mooban are a menace, they have bitten me once (with no warning, came up from behind while I was walking) and tried to bite me two weeks later (I had three of them in 1m range, all snarling, aggressive and ready to bite by the body language). I can not walk to the local shop (unless I have something in my hand to beat them with, and believe me when I say I would be happy to break their legs if they come at me (which I told the owner, who said that was fine)), I can not move freely without the threat of being attacked.

Dogs like that should not be free to roam. If that was a group of people, they would have been dealt with appropriately. I am 100% against animal cruelty, but at the same time I should be able to walk around without the constant threat of being bitten by dogs (whether they have owners or not).

My answer is to never walk (I always take my motorbike), but it's a shame that I can not do that. But if his situation is anything like mine, I can understand his reaction to some extent.

4 hours ago, bergan said:

The dogs in the street outside my mooban are a menace, they have bitten me once (with no warning, came up from behind while I was walking) and tried to bite me two weeks later (I had three of them in 1m range, all snarling, aggressive and ready to bite by the body language). I can not walk to the local shop (unless I have something in my hand to beat them with, and believe me when I say I would be happy to break their legs if they come at me (which I told the owner, who said that was fine)), I can not move freely without the threat of being attacked.

Dogs like that should not be free to roam. If that was a group of people, they would have been dealt with appropriately. I am 100% against animal cruelty, but at the same time I should be able to walk around without the constant threat of being bitten by dogs (whether they have owners or not).

My answer is to never walk (I always take my motorbike), but it's a shame that I can not do that. But if his situation is anything like mine, I can understand his reaction to some extent.

....I understand this common situation that you explained.  Let me ask you?  Have you sat around planning a late night murder or beating by stealthy means just to get even with the dog that bit you?  I’m sorry that happened by the way.  The man in the news, it seems the dog he beat, I know now, is 15 years old, didn’t bite him, maybe was aggressive to his dog.  Older dogs usually have sight and hearing problems that tends to cause them to get more aggressive SOUNDING sometimes but they can’t fight worth a damn and only sound that way because they can’t see/hear well. I don’t know if this was the case.

Maybe that man could have refrained from taking his dog to the massage shop, problem solved?  Walk another way?  Would that dog have learned from this beating ?  Doubtful anything would have changed the next day.  He could have come, the dog would bolt out and bark and whatever just like always.  If beating up a dog would change behavior ...life would be so easy for dog owners.  Bang, bang, bang ...stop barking please I hate that!!!!

When you are walking past groups of dogs like that, be sure to turn around and look at them, stop and stand your ground, stare back at them.  They won’t sneak up on you for one thing and they will usually retreat just based on that.  If they come towards you, you go forward, not backwards.  In others words don’t let them herd you away, you herd them towards their house ....the person or dog who causes the other to move ...is the boss at that moment.

if you are really in trouble, then squat down and pretend to pick up a rock, or pick one up if there is one.  I have never had to do more than pretend, that move was familiar enough to them, they took off.

Doing all this can be annoying because it can slow you down quite a lot, but better than a bite.  And if you walk the same way all the time and you do this, I think the dogs will get to know you, and then allow you to pass without too much trouble.

Archived