Farang Pain threshold

Mikisteel

Is now the toughest time to be a farang in Thailand.

Yesterday's men had it easier in so many ways:

Bigger bang for your buck

Farang novelty factor (the fat bald guys were like the kings of Los, a celebrated species)

Visa were acessibble in so many ways, regardless of the route one took, they are all now more difficult.

It does not matter if your plain sailing or even touching cloth every month.

We have all taken a lot of hits and if like Elton John; your still standing and determined to make it work then I salute you and respect you gotta do what you gotta do.

Stay strong my fellow farang, face the negatives head on and take the positive from this barrage of uncertainty, keep bouncing over every hurdle they put in your way, be the expat warrior you need to be in this modern day take on farang life in Thailand.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mikisteel said:

Well it's all as good as you make it yourself today too and as for if your liked to " Elton John " Thailand is full of em. ????

Things change,you have to make adjustments,things are never going to return

to the way they were,so just get on with it.

There are too many posts of Farangs having to leave,and if i read another post

about the 90 day report !!!!!!,

regards worgeordie

Toughest time to be Farang in Thailand?

NO way, it´s a breeze, never been better, we are getting rid of all the Farang kee nok poor old farts, and that´s nice, makes room for hanzum younger species, who dress properly, are clean shaven, showered and polite, times are a changing folks..

????

Just now, wilailuk said:

NO way, it´s a breeze, never been better, we are getting rid of all the Farang kee nok poor old farts, and that´s nice, makes room for hanzum younger species, who dress properly, are clean shaven, showered and polite, times are a changing folks..

????

Times may be changing but humanity is not on pause for you sir. You will be an old fart too one day and I say if the OFs can handle the pain threshold that is upon us now, right on.

Don't count your chickens just yet you may be person non grata one day. 

I see more fat bald farang imbeciles trying to play big bwana more than ever. No wonder the Thais want them out !!

Wake up guys those day are loooong gone !

If your poor old and crusty the world is becoming smaller for you

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Things change,you have to make adjustments,things are never going to return

to the way they were,so just get on with it.

When the adjustments required are so great that the place you now live looks nothing like the place you once loved then it may be time to find a new place to live in and fall in love with.

1 hour ago, wilailuk said:

????

Agree some, but fear you may end up eating those comments if they want you all out. ????

10 hours ago, Mikisteel said:

Stay strong my fellow farang, face the negatives head on and take the positive from this barrage of uncertainty, keep bouncing over every hurdle they put in your way, be the expat warrior you need to be in this modern day take on farang life in Thailand.

what negatives? :huh:

Just now, Naam said:

what negatives? :huh:

Just because you have not felt them now will not mean you will not in the future. If you like seeing older guys fall foul of process changes then I guess there are no negatives.

14 minutes ago, RobboR said:

Yeh nothing has changed in the last 5 years, everybody is just imagining it

I've been here 9 years, nothing has changed for me, still report every 90 days, still keep 800K in the bank.

IME Thais have a much lower pain threshold than farangs. Yesterday my wife woke up with a headache and took 2 paracetamol. Because the pain hadn't gone away by lunchtime, despite having a 2 hour shouty shouty phone call with her mother in Issan, her friend whipped her off to hospital for a CT scan.

Came back with a boat load of paracetamol and a couple of packets of placebos. Right as rain today.

Sorry but i can't be doing with wimps.

10 hours ago, wilailuk said:

????

Sorry to disappoint you, sunshine, but I'm older, dress properly, showered and polite have money and I'm not going anywhere!

14 hours ago, wilailuk said:

????

Nice to know. Some of the young ones I see in the bars are obese, sweaty, loud and have tatts up to their ying-yang. Frequently shirtless. Perhaps their wallets are hansum, from working on oil rigs.

17 hours ago, Mikisteel said:

Bigger bang for your buck

And not only in Thailand,

Back in the 70s I had a host of choices of slim and attractive young white Brit women.

My son has to make do with banging an Aussie bird twice his size.

So literally a 'bigger bang for his buck'

I'm still getting a wide choice of slim young Asian women, they're just a bit 'less British.

37 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

And not only in Thailand,

Back in the 70s I had a host of choices of slim and attractive young white Brit women.

My son has to make do with banging an Aussie bird twice his size.

So literally a 'bigger bang for his buck'

I'm still getting a wide choice of slim young Asian women, they're just a bit 'less British.

Britman i was a teenager in the 1980's in the Uk,none of the girls i dated or new except for the odd exception were fat,now if i look at pictures in the mail for instance i cannot beleive the fat legs ,arms and butts on display,Australia was even worse.Sure you see some fatties in Thailand now,but the heaviest woman i was with was my now seperated wife 54 kg my first Thai wife was 45kg,my current girl is around 47 kg once you go asian you never go caucasian again.

Thread killers all the responses to date pretty much. 

When the tide changes not in your favour and you are still riding the wave. I think that's something we should look at positively. 

Seems to me everyone thinks this is about their own personal situation, the one they admit to online anyway. 

With so many rule changes and continual rule misinterpretations affecting many people's day to day lives. I guess it teaches you that your patience and expectations have needed to adapt to your current environment in order to make it work.

I think we all have a commonality which few like to actually admit to. Instead of seeing your fellow farang as enemies maybe we all much similar than you'd like to believe. In my case I am not and never was a sex tourist so maybe not too similar but you catch my drift.

23 hours ago, madmen said:

I see more fat bald farang imbeciles trying to play big bwana more than ever. No wonder the Thais want them out !! 

Wake up guys those day are loooong gone !

If your poor old and crusty the world is becoming smaller for you

What heap of crap I am 72 have full hair and not fat you talking trough you backside

On 7/16/2019 at 3:00 PM, mstevens said:

When the adjustments required are so great that the place you now live looks nothing like the place you once loved then it may be time to find a new place to live in and fall in love with.

I suspect that at one time the same things were being said about Japan and Korea. As a nation industrializes the whole of society also undergoes great changes. Also not to be overlooked is the enormous increase in population both in Thailand and more particularly in the world and consequently great increases in tourism. The Thailand of the '60s and '70s and even that of the '90s is never coming back. It is like evolution. Adapt or perish.

On 7/16/2019 at 9:50 PM, Mikisteel said:

We have all taken a lot of hits and if like Elton John; your still standing and determined to make it work then I salute you and respect you gotta do what you gotta do.

I took no hits...have been doing exactly the same thing for the past 19 years. Put the money in the bank when I first arrived here...and then duly forgot it until I needed to renew my Ext. the following year.

You might say my €uro has dropped in the exchange rates...but the money in the bank has risen by the same amount....So, as I stated earlier....absolutely nothing has changed for me. 

There are lots of ex-pats same as me in Thailand (check this forum), so I wish some people would stop continually saying (moaning) that the changes have made it almost impossible for Farangs to stay in Thailand.

A bit dramatic are we?  In my 9 years here things have only gotten better.  I'm living in a wonderful climate that allows me to be active 12 months of the year.  I'm getting exercise at the pool and gym, eating well, and getting good health care at a reasonable cost when I need it with no waiting.  I live in a beautiful condo right on the ocean at a reasonable cost.  The money I save living here allows me to travel whenever I feel like a trip somewhere. 

After all the countless posts about all the draconian visa changes at Immigration, the only change for me is having to make 1 extra trip to Immigration a year to show that I still have 800,00 baht in my account.  I can live with that.  

Archived