Farang Pain threshold

Mikisteel

23 hours ago, Mikisteel said:

Just because you have not felt them now will not mean you will not in the future. If you like seeing older guys fall foul of process changes then I guess there are no negatives.

Do the right thing and respect the culture and the people and there are no negatives, just what you make for yourself.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/16/2019 at 9:50 PM, Mikisteel said:

Yesterday's men had it easier in so many ways

Previous generations didnt have the absolute goldmine of old farts complaining: thaivisa forum.

Those sad people in the past had to go to bars, sit on a bar stool, look at the ugly face of other old farts, pay their bar bill....

We can just sit at home in our AC room with the curtains closed, complain about how stupid thais are without a risk of someone giving us the stink eye or worse; walk up to us to say we should stop bashing thais. There are hundreds of new topics every week and people actually want to hear our take on thai politics and driving skills.

Personally i resent the attitude of poor and old being downtrodden again by the a---holes who believe money is everything. Sure we are all suffering a little due to ythe financial climate, but we came here to live with Thai people, not the wannabe colonialist dickheads. sorry but i think i have been  here before ,us old poor codgers will continue to come as long as we can get in,

Still have a marriage Visa and can't see any other problems here apart from when i first came here 3 Beer changs cost 90 baht .

Still dont think i would move here now when the gbp is struggling to keep to 38 baht. House prices have gone up but you have to pay twice as much in gbp.

Been here for almost 10 years and have made many Thai friends and have never been treated with disrespect from anyone. For me the various rule changes are no big deal. The whole world has changed as it has done consistently since day one. I even love the 90 day reports. Lets me realize I have survived driving here for another 3 months. The biggest change for me was learning to put ice in my beer.

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You don't live in Chiang Mai then, for four months this year I couldn't go out without choking and risking lung cancer.

No, I don't.  I like CM and have visited 3 or 4 times but I wouldn't live there due to the annual smoke problems. Plus, I'd rather have an ocean view than a mountain view.

I think now is the most difficult time if you are a sexpat of limited means.

But my heart does go out to retirees or similar who are looking after a family on a fixed income suffering both from FX and having the visa requirement goalposts moved.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:02 AM, Mikisteel said:

Just because you have not felt them now will not mean you will not in the future. If you like seeing older guys fall foul of process changes then I guess there are no negatives.

If people fall foul of changes then they were not properly prepared, old or young the ones who do the most complaining are usually the ones who cannot qualify one way or the other. My day will be the same as it was 9 years ago when I made the official move to Thailand. Cannot complain about my lot in life as Naam said no negatives.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:39 AM, wilailuk said:

oughest time to be Farang in Thailand?

NO way, it´s a breeze, never been better, we are getting rid of all the Farang kee nok poor old farts, and that´s nice, makes room for hanzum younger species, who dress properly, are clean shaven, showered and polite, times are a changing folks..

You are getting rid of no one and will never, ever have any authority to do anything in Thailand.

Keep thinking the way you do  and one day they will knock on your door......  your arrogance and bigotry will do you in. 

9 hours ago, Mikisteel said:

Thread killers all the responses to date pretty much. 

When the tide changes not in your favour and you are still riding the wave. I think that's something we should look at positively. 

Seems to me everyone thinks this is about their own personal situation, the one they admit to online anyway. 

With so many rule changes and continual rule misinterpretations affecting many people's day to day lives. I guess it teaches you that your patience and expectations have needed to adapt to your current environment in order to make it work.

I think we all have a commonality which few like to actually admit to. Instead of seeing your fellow farang as enemies maybe we all much similar than you'd like to believe. In my case I am not and never was a sex tourist so maybe not too similar but you catch my drift.

Methinks you are fishing for bites Blighty ????

On 7/17/2019 at 1:32 AM, AlexRich said:

There are plenty alternatives to Thailand ... seek and ye shall find.

Yes, there are plenty of alternatives to Thailand.

The problem is that - for me - they're all worse than Thailand in their own peculiar ways.

But to each his own, I guess.

Go where it suits you best.

57 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You don't live in Chiang Mai then, for four months this year I couldn't go out without choking and risking lung cancer.

dont complain--surely it would make more sense to move, if the smoke damages your health for such a long period...

On 7/17/2019 at 12:14 AM, worgeordie said:

Things change, you have to make adjustments, things are never going to return

to the way they were, so just get on with it.

There are too many posts of Farangs having to leave and if i read another post

about the 90 day report !!!!!!,

I concur 100%. I think the biggest whiners arrived after 1997 and don't know how strong the baht was before the '97 crash.

On July 16, 2019 at 9:50 PM, Mikisteel said:

Is now the toughest time to be a farang in Thailand.

OMG give it a rest. It's certainly a time when the whining has reached a new peak. You're just embarrassing yourself.

Just because you're a farang and can't cope, it doesn't mean every farang is is as much of a loser.

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps their wallets are hansum, from working on oil rigs.

Now that was not nice. There are many of us oilfield guys that clean up very nicely from the rig and/platform. In fact so much of oil & gas work is done by nationals throughout the world now, seriously doubt many are even hanging out in Thailand anymore. 

Toughest time to be Farang in Thailand?

NO way, it´s a breeze, never been better, we are getting rid of all the Farang kee nok poor old farts, and that´s nice, makes room for hanzum younger species, who dress properly, are clean shaven, showered and polite, times are a changing folks..

????

Less of the "old" Dude.  It's predominantly the under 50's who are struggling to make ends meet with lack of funds and risky border runs.  Suggest you do a bit more research.  This "old fart" with many of my cohorts are exceptionally comfortable and established in the LOS.

11 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

Less of the "old" Dude.  It's predominantly the under 50's who are struggling to make ends meet with lack of funds and risky border runs.  Suggest you do a bit more research.  This "old fart" with many of my cohorts are exceptionally comfortable and established in the LOS.

All my 'old fart' pals have either died or moved to Cambodia.

Just me left now, and that's only because of my kids.

Not so much because of the money, but because of the attitude immigration have towards me as a white foreigner. I can still jump through their hoops, well at least until the pound hits 25bht, I just don't want to jump.

????

Nasty little posting from somebody who obviously doesn't even know what "polite" actually means. Hopefully, he or she will learn by the time they, too, become a "keen nok poor old fart".

On 7/16/2019 at 11:54 PM, Kwasaki said:

Well it's all as good as you make it yourself today too and as for if your liked to " Elton John " Thailand is full of em. ????

This is a good topic, but I'm wondering what Peltin Elton has to do with this.

On 7/17/2019 at 2:00 AM, mstevens said:

When the adjustments required are so great that the place you now live looks nothing like the place you once loved then it may be time to find a new place to live in and fall in love with.

Tell me where things are the same today as they were yesterday, a week ago, a month ago, a year ago. What utter nonsense. Change is the only real constant in the universe. Swim with tide or drown.

20 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Nice to know. Some of the young ones I see in the bars are obese, sweaty, loud and have tatts up to their ying-yang.

at first i thought you were describing a high % of the girls.

????

I see you never mentioned the shirtless morons you see walking the streets and shopping malls in Pattaya.

There are as much young guys as old guys in this category.

4 hours ago, malathione said:

If you listen to Elton John, you have bigger problems than anything Thailand can throw at you...

Well you certainly don't have an ear for music, I've heard a better noise flushing the toilet. :cheesy:

Archived