Farang Pain threshold

Mikisteel

44 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Nasty little posting from somebody who obviously doesn't even know what "polite" actually means. Hopefully, he or she will learn by the time they, too, become a "keen nok poor old fart".

But please note the emphasis on "we" as in "we are getting rid of"-so just who does this poster (and a number of others on this forum) actually think they represent?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Well you certainly don't have an ear for music, I've heard a better noise flushing the toilet. :cheesy:

Well let see , Elton John has achieved 26 gold, 38 platinum or multi-platinum and 1 diamond albums,has sold more than 300 million records worldwide, and holds the record for the biggest selling single of all time.

Just because you may not like his music doesnt mean its bad does it, or equivalent to a toilet flushing ! many many people would disagree with you as the statistics prove, your claim is absurd, stop trolling !

I was just in Nepal. Lots of respect, friendly people. Cheap too.

Thai's are in a bad mood these days because of the weather, lol, they should try a winter!

I agree though Thailand is finished for me, seem boring, no freedom. In Nepal you can do what you want people will tolerate you mostly.

Thai's are sick of globalization and drunks walking all over their beautiful country. Cambodia, Philippines, Myanmar, Indonesia...lots of new place to try.

Ten years ago it was a different country - exchange rate was just the tip of the ice berg the whole place was different

I remember the big change was the riots when central was burned down, there was a change every year since then

After that the social media became much more prevalent and is around the time you stop seeing people just smiling and being the land of smiles.

Depends where you go there are still places where its like the good old days but you need to have been investing to keep ahead of inflation, or just bought your baht back then

The country is changing rapidly but the heart and soul is still there and I think farang get the same deal as ever, if you get a bad reception remember they are materialistic so much so that its scary and a conman could really take advantage

Just wear jeans, a clean white t-shirt, wear clean shoes and shave or if you wish to be authoritative grow a small beard (even the generals will be out alpha'd by you) work out and keep fit - you have it made my friend! 

It's true there are many more farang here and the days of big fat whales having adoring fans are kind of behind us - albeit kept to patong and pattaya exclusively now or some out back bondocks in isaan

Just make sure you have 2 things - money and fitness 

You are still king in thailand - 'you are a tall handsome maaaaaannn u waahn massas mistah?' Never stop believing it my friend - the world is all in your head 

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

If people fall foul of changes then they were not properly prepared, old or young the ones who do the most complaining are usually the ones who cannot qualify one way or the other. My day will be the same as it was 9 years ago when I made the official move to Thailand. Cannot complain about my lot in life as Naam said no negatives.

I am one of these people you refer to, but let me make it plain that I can afford the money in the bank method, but I will never do it as I do not agree with it, and my sympathies lie with these expats who moved here before the present visa issues started, and took Thai families out of poverty.

9 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

But please note the emphasis on "we" as in "we are getting rid of"-so just who does this poster (and a number of others on this forum) actually think they represent?

IMo they  represent stupidity and a complete lack of understanding how anything actually works in Thailand.  The 'We' and any other foreigner will never, ever have any influence on Thailand and the direction Thailand goes or be accepted by Thai's as equal to them

2 hours ago, murraynz said:

dont complain--surely it would make more sense to move, if the smoke damages your health for such a long period...

I have no idea how long this smoke problem has been in Chaing Mai, but is it possible people moved there, bought houses and have a good family life and would find it very hard to move for obvious reasons, before the smoke problem got as bad as it is today?

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

OMG give it a rest. It's certainly a time when the whining has reached a new peak. You're just embarrassing yourself.

Just because you're a farang and can't cope, it doesn't mean every farang is is as much of a loser.

Could you please say exactly who you are referring to as losers?

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

OMG give it a rest. It's certainly a time when the whining has reached a new peak. You're just embarrassing yourself.

Just because you're a farang and can't cope, it doesn't mean every farang is is as much of a loser.

What's with the "loser" quote.....?   ????

28 minutes ago, The Cobra said:

Well let see , Elton John has achieved 26 gold, 38 platinum or multi-platinum and 1 diamond albums,has sold more than 300 million records worldwide, and holds the record for the biggest selling single of all time.

Just because you may not like his music doesnt mean its bad does it, or equivalent to a toilet flushing ! many many people would disagree with you as the statistics prove, your claim is absurd, stop trolling !

Sorry that this is going off topic, but may I answer this. Look how bad Michael Jackson is at singing, then look at his record sales. I rest my case.

23 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I am one of these people you refer to, but let me make it plain that I can afford the money in the bank method, but I will never do it as I do not agree with it, and my sympathies lie with these expats who moved here before the present visa issues started, and took Thai families out of poverty.

I was looking for an emotican here.

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

And not only in Thailand,

Back in the 70s I had a host of choices of slim and attractive young white Brit women.

My son has to make do with banging an Aussie bird twice his size.

So literally a 'bigger bang for his buck'

I'm still getting a wide choice of slim young Asian women, they're just a bit 'less British.

I bet your son doesnt know what you're up to?

1 hour ago, Don Chance said:

Thai's are in a bad mood these days because of the weather, lol, they should try a winter!

I agree though Thailand is finished for me, seem boring, no freedom. In Nepal you can do what you want people will tolerate you mostly.

Thai's are sick of globalization and drunks walking all over their beautiful country. Cambodia, Philippines, Myanmar, Indonesia...lots of new place to try.

What exactly can you not do in Thailand that you can in Cambodia, Philipines etc. What freedom have you lost?

1 hour ago, davidst01 said:

I bet your son doesnt know what you're up to?

He probably does as he caught me in bed with one of his former class mates one morning.

She was a big bigger than my usual selection, but in the UK you take what you can get. 

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

He probably does as he caught me in bed with one of his former class mates one morning.

She was a big bigger than my usual selection, but in the UK you take what you can get. 

And he said..

"Dad, dad, wake up, you are having one of those school girl dreams again".....????

On 7/17/2019 at 12:39 AM, wilailuk said:

Toughest time to be Farang in Thailand?

NO way, it´s a breeze, never been better, we are getting rid of all the Farang kee nok poor old farts, and that´s nice, makes room for hanzum younger species, who dress properly, are clean shaven, showered and polite, times are a changing folks..

????

10 - 15 years ago it was better, much much better.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:57 AM, madmen said:

I see more fat bald farang imbeciles trying to play big bwana more than ever. No wonder the Thais want them out !!

Wake up guys those day are loooong gone !

If your poor old and crusty the world is becoming smaller for you

i am not bald nor fat????

On 7/17/2019 at 3:30 PM, BritManToo said:

And not only in Thailand,

Back in the 70s I had a host of choices of slim and attractive young white Brit women.

My son has to make do with banging an Aussie bird twice his size.

So literally a 'bigger bang for his buck'

I'm still getting a wide choice of slim young Asian women, they're just a bit 'less British.

the woman where more fun as well.  now they are all paranoid.  don't really blame them, look at the s%^&e world they have inherited. it's all about look at me on Facebook, me, me, me,  little self esteem, always seeking approval.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:16 PM, marko kok prong said:

Britman i was a teenager in the 1980's in the Uk,none of the girls i dated or new except for the odd exception were fat,now if i look at pictures in the mail for instance i cannot beleive the fat legs ,arms and butts on display,Australia was even worse.Sure you see some fatties in Thailand now,but the heaviest woman i was with was my now seperated wife 54 kg my first Thai wife was 45kg,my current girl is around 47 kg once you go asian you never go caucasian again.

you should always carry a set of darts with you when walking down the street, mate

6 hours ago, Don Chance said:

OK, I grant you most of the drunks here are on motorbikes or cars, but they aren't farang either.

Just sayin'.

Without a doubt, YES. Those who disagree have extremely limited experience here. None of it is prohibitive in the least to me...just way up on hassles, expense and inconvenience, while being way down on the fun, attitude, care free wild west feel, decadence and old Asia charm. 

Still rocks...just not nearly as hard, nor loud, nor E-Z as before. 

Archived