Tourist visa in Angeles City, how to do?

Currently here on a TV but I am thinking of going to Angeles City for a couple of weeks and then getting a new Thai TV over there. Are there any agencies over there that can do this? Or do I need to do this by myself in Manila?

My other option is a 30 day waiver when I return and extending that a further 30 days. So far this year I have only used the 1 tourist visa. 

Thanks for any help.

Seems people say Tourist Visa, TV when they actually mean Visa Exemption.  Did you arrive without visa and just get the free 30 day stamp in your passport? Or are you on a Single Entry Tourist Visa for 60 days?

This is a good website for you to check out.  

https://www.locationindependent.co.uk/thai-visas-digital-nomad-guide/#Overview

A Thai visa service that deals with visas every day say that when travelling by air “people using OUT/IN method to extend their stay” – so flying out the country, spending 1-2 days away, the coming back to Thailand – “might be questioned after SIX visa exempt entries. There is no specific period given and there is no rule on how many visa exempt will be issued for one person“. But six entries in one year seems to be enough to make immigration say “what is this person doing?“.

The Royal Thai Consulate in Cardiff states “Those who enter by air can only enter 3 times over a 6 month period (with a visa exemption)”.  This is the first time I’ve seen this rule published, and the number seems low – if you’re a tourist hopping around Asia for a few months you might go through Thailand a few times.

• Sad 1

This first hand information is a little outdated, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was still true :Years ago I was in Angeles city and, not wanting to spend any time in Manila, I shopped around for an agency in Angeles that would handle Thai TV:They all told me that I would have to go to the Thai embassy in person to apply for a visa. So in this respect Manila would be like Vientiane, not like Penang or Phnom Penh, where most people go through agencies and never set foot in the embassy. 

3 hours ago, jspill said:

No agency in Angeles and it's quite hard to get an SETV in Manila, they may ask to see lots of documents, but it's doable - https://afarangabroad.com/2017/02/get-thai-tourist-visa-manila/

If you've only been in Thailand 2-3 months this year as you say then should be no problem getting a 30 day waiver 

Thanks for your response.

I am only on my first tourist visa this year and i will be here the 60 days. I have no visa exempt entries in my passport.

I prefer not to waste time in Manila to get a new TV so it seems that the best thing for me to do is use a first visa exempt entry for 30 days and extend that by a further 30 days. I have a flight booked out of BKK about 7 weeks after re entry from Angeles City.

Is the above doable?

8 minutes ago, Ling Kae said:

Anyone?

Hard to be certain these days, but if you come from one of the 64 countries entitled to a Visa Exempt entry, and as it is your first, and there is only 1 previous entry, there is no reason to expect problems. Once in Thailand a further 30 day extension should not be a problem. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Skallywag said:

The Royal Thai Consulate in Cardiff states “Those who enter by air can only enter 3 times over a 6 month period (with a visa exemption)”.  This is the first time I’ve seen this rule published, and the number seems low – if you’re a tourist hopping around Asia for a few months you might go through Thailand a few times.

Old outdated info since that rule was rescinded in 2008.

• Thanks 1

OP....this may be incorrect, and I'm sure someone will point that out if indeed the case. 

Regarding visa exempt, perhaps check with airline re flight out of Philippines if flying to bkk without visa. The airline may wish to see onward flight. Every few weeks I fly out of Saigon to bkk. I have had chat or 2 with airline about what they always search for in my pp. Reply.. Visa for Thailand. I ask what if I no have. Reply...need onward flight. This is AirAsia.

Your onward flight is 7 weeks for 30 day VE stay. Yes I know the plan is extend by 30. In any event you could book throw away cheap ticket on the spot.

Other members may have opposite experience. 

With your history hard to imagine why you could not enter visa exempt. 

Edited by DrJack54

I think you have to go to the Thai Consul in Legaspi Village in Manila, and I,ll tell you now that these people are NOT easy to deal with ???? They wanted a copy of the title deeds to my properties, a copy, both sides, of my credit card (can you believe !), at which time I decided to abort the visit !

I'm currently in the Philippines. The answer to your first question is categorically no, there are no agents to do a Thai visa for you, you have to go to the embassy in Makati, Metro Manila in person. 

Long ago, a Thai visa there was no hassle, but these days they are mostly geared to Filipinos, and since there is a widening discrepancy in wealth and job opportunities between the two countries, the Thai authorities tend to want paperwork, and lots of it. For a foreigner to get a Thai TV is possible, but not recommended; far better, with your history, to use a waiver entry to Thailand and extend. That will cover your seven weeks.

Besides anything else, traffic in Manila and getting to and from Angeles makes Bangkok look like a Sunday picnic.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thai embassy take 2 Business days to process a tourist visa. Lodge before 12n day 1 and pickup after 3pm on day3. 

Filipina GF and I have had 2 a year for the last 6 years without a problem. There used to be a miserable woman on the counter but the new staff are good. They do want flight and hotel info, and I give a copy of my Thai bank statement 

Thanks biggles, good to know it is possible. 

Does anyone else have an opinion on whether my onward flight out of Thailand will be scrutinized with an intender waiver entry? By that I mean my intention is to get the waiver and then extend it by 30 days. My exit flight on entry will be for 7 weeks later and when I explain my intentions to the flight check in attendants would they let me fly?

2 minutes ago, Ling Kae said:

Thanks biggles, good to know it is possible. 

Does anyone else have an opinion on whether my onward flight out of Thailand will be scrutinized with an intender waiver entry? By that I mean my intention is to get the waiver and then extend it by 30 days. My exit flight on entry will be for 7 weeks later and when I explain my intentions to the flight check in attendants would they let me fly?

OP, I'm off to Saigon tomorrow. On return Monday arvo I will ask at flight check in re what would happen if I did not have reentry permit and was aiming to enter bkk visa exempt without onward flight. I realize different airport but might be useful. Will report back.

BTW airline AA. 

• Thanks 1