THAI close to sale of used aircraft to US firm

webfact

6 hours ago, DLock said:

What does Trump administration have to do with private airlines?

21 minutes ago, DLock said:

Trump is just supporting the airline industries and their push with the FAA to reduce airline training hours in exceptional cases - most notably college training and military training programs.

Righto..... so now you acknowledge that the trump has something to do with private airlines.... look at that.... progress.

21 minutes ago, DLock said:

So, tell me again how Trump and MAGA is forcing the "US is now having to fly outdated pieces of crap above the heads of their 325 million citizens".

So now all you have to do is show where I said someone... anyone... is “forcing” anyone to do anything. Lmao... you can’t just drop a bunch of words in front of a statement that I made, altering the meaning, and expect me to assume ownership of it.

22 minutes ago, DLock said:

Try harder kid.

???????????? with your I’ll conceived responses, I don’t have to actually try at all.

and by the by.... my voting leans to the right.... but my bias does not extend to supporting a lying, misogynistic, racist, adulterer set on destroying the existing world order for a moment of fame and self aggrandizement.

1 hour ago, jany123 said:

Righto..... so now you acknowledge that the trump has something to do with private airlines.... look at that.... progress.

So now all you have to do is show where I said someone... anyone... is “forcing” anyone to do anything. Lmao... you can’t just drop a bunch of words in front of a statement that I made, altering the meaning, and expect me to assume ownership of it.

???????????? with your I’ll conceived responses, I don’t have to actually try at all.

and by the by.... my voting leans to the right.... but my bias does not extend to supporting a lying, misogynistic, racist, adulterer set on destroying the existing world order for a moment of fame and self aggrandizement.

Whose supporting Trump? I'm just calling you out for fake news.

Say what you want against Trump, but feel free to defend your statement "perhaps this is a byproduct of MAGA, wherein the US is now having to fly outdated pieces of crap above the heads of their 325 million citizens..."

You're way out of your depth here kid.

39 minutes ago, DLock said:

......  I’m just calling you out for fake news

Say what you want against Trump, but feel free to defend your statement "perhaps this is a byproduct of MAGA, wherein the US is now having to fly outdated pieces of crap above the heads of their 325 million citizens..."

You're way out of your depth here kid.

Lol.... I’m out of my depth.... crikey.... can’t you get anything right?

what fake news? 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

THAI close to sale of used aircraft to US firm

First world players should be buying new.... second world players buy used, from first world countries... third world players buy from second world players.... which is kind of like exactly what I said, in my original post, included below... and to which you responded too

9 hours ago, jany123 said:

And there was me thinking that aircraft from western nations, migrated thru Asia, on there way to a death in deepest darkest Africa.

The comment you now quote correctly, without your dishonest (or inept) spin by inserting words to change the meaning, is purely speculative... the give away to this is in the very first word... “perhaps.” ... and as this is speculative, I neither have to support or defend it.... but If asked nicely, I might be inclined to explain it... oh... wait... I did. Twice.

40 minutes ago, DLock said:

Whose supporting Trump? 

So so very far outta your depth.... who said anything about anyone supporting trump?

i said.... “y’all are obsessed by the trumps mismanagement, automatically assuming the worst of him..”

thats hardly suggesting anyones supportive of him, is it? Unless you think that assuming the worst of someone is being supportive.

14 minutes ago, inThailand said:

We got no maintenance records! We don't need to do any stinking maintenance!

Ah, no problem. We have upgraded to Windows Vista - a couple of hours and we can furnish you with the "full monty"...

21 hours ago, inThailand said:

We expats see daily their idea of maintenance. The Three Stooges comes to mind.

Is that so?  You have seen the maintenance procedures/records of Thai Airways?  Really? 

Please give some details of how you, as an expat, manage that on a daily basis, or are you referring to something totally unrelated to THAI? 

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:47 PM, jabis said:

A couple of mercs for significant others on the way then. The price of 4-4.5Bn฿, or 123M$-145M$ would be selling at a loss, calculating the prices from A340-200 model being offloaded at unit cost of $187.5M.. Sure used, but...

Current market value on 15 year-old A340-500/600s are about 15MUSD.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:35 PM, Just Weird said:

I'd love to see the league table that you quoted those statistics from.

THAI service is not noticeably worse than most other comparable airlines and time table reliability depends mainly on the airport authorities, not the airline but, as someone who has not used the carrier in years, you wouldn't be expected to know that, would you?.

Exactly how has THAI "quite clearly missed the boat into the 21st century"

Fly CX or SQ for that matter ???? Will answer your queries nicely ???? 

18 hours ago, arithai12 said:

This explains your erroneous statements about service and reliability.

My executive Thai staff prefer TG and use them on regional services to Calcutta, Kathmandu, Yangon etc. 
And what they tell me is more than enough to convince me to use other options which are cheaper AND better - so much to erroneous ???? Without the monopoly out of BKK Suvannaphum they would be facing even poorer loads as the tedious transfer to DMK Don Muang is inconvenient, to say the least. Latter cannot be reached also by domestic travellers on public transport - Airport Link springs to mind! 

In closing, compare the price of WE (Thai Smile) and TG (Thai Airways) on domestic flights and you will see the following. Same aircraft, same service level and baggage allowance, in short - same everything EXCEPT the price. So who is taking who for a big ride on the merry-go-round on national carriers losing money head over heels? 

8 hours ago, Sydebolle said:
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:35 PM, Just Weird said:

I'd love to see the league table that you quoted those statistics from.

THAI service is not noticeably worse than most other comparable airlines and time table reliability depends mainly on the airport authorities, not the airline but, as someone who has not used the carrier in years, you wouldn't be expected to know that, would you?.

Exactly how has THAI "quite clearly missed the boat into the 21st century"

Fly CX or SQ for that matter ???? Will answer your queries nicely

So you have no statistics to back up your false claims?  I thought that would be the case.  PDQ.

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

So you have no statistics to back up your false claims?  I thought that would be the case.  PDQ.

What statistics are you referring to? Where I come from it is called common sense and open eyes but if you need statistics then ask politely or drop the subject! 

7 hours ago, Sydebolle said:
14 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What statistics are you referring to? Where I come from it is called common sense and open eyes but if you need statistics then ask politely or drop the subject! 

I'm referring to the statistics that I mention in my response to the following claim that you made...

"It is sad to see that one of the world's leading airlines today ranks somewhere between Nigerian Airways and Air Cameroon with something like Botswana Air in between. 
The service is terrible, the reliability to the time table is questionable and they quite clearly missed the boat into the 21st century!. 

Come up with them and justify your nonsensical claim or drop the subject!

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

I'm referring to the statistics that I mention in my response to the following claim that you made...

"It is sad to see that one of the world's leading airlines today ranks somewhere between Nigerian Airways and Air Cameroon with something like Botswana Air in between. 
The service is terrible, the reliability to the time table is questionable and they quite clearly missed the boat into the 21st century!. 

Come up with them and justify your nonsensical claim or drop the subject!

Those carriers serve as examples only ............. but this seemed have escaped your rigid attention ???? 

On 7/18/2019 at 4:54 PM, Sydebolle said:

Yeah, and please do a little more research before you pounce:

Thai Airways has long been an industry leader for quality service, so it's no surprise to find the Thai national carrier high up on the list. Though its most heralded products are its business and first-class services, fliers found its economy seats to be of high quality as well.

https://www.businessinsider.com/best-airlines-in-the-world-2018-skytrax-2018-7#9-garuda-indonesia-12

On 7/18/2019 at 5:08 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Would you buy planes maintained by Thais?

Sure. The US Air Force had its F-4's at Taegu AB, in Korea, maintained by the Korean Air Force (ROKAF). Readiness rates exceeded 90%! -- never ever saw that in the States. No, we didn't use the Thais during the Vietnam war -- but I suspect we could have, with no problems. Only difference I detect between ROKAF and RTAF troops -- is their breath.

On 7/17/2019 at 8:58 PM, DLock said:

"perhaps this is a byproduct of MAGA, wherein the US is now having to fly outdated pieces of crap above the heads of their 325 million citizens..."

Wow -- obviously not a Harvard MBA recipient. The finest country in the world is still flying C-47's on some routes in Alaska, i.e, those routes where the smart American businessman has determined there's a profit angle.

Same with buying used aircraft on the world market. I'm sure the Thai 340's have relatively low hours, compared to competitive aircraft sitting in the US SW desert. Thus, no expensive "D-checks" required. Whomever's buying these planes has certainly done the math -- and sees a successful business model. Just as the C-47 businessman does. "Outdated pieces of crap?" Only if you're not smart enough to analyze markets. And America is number one at doing that, in spite of the political situation.

THAI Airways probably has yet to write off these 340's from the books. Sure, it will be a big accounting hit, i.e, the unammortized costs of these planes. But, take the hit -- then mitigate it with the cash from the below-value sales -- certainly beats flying these aircraft to the US SW desert -- and paying the insult storage fee on top of it.....

Archived