BANGKOK 18 August 2019 23:59
Jingthing

Poll: Has any Thai person (other than an immigration officer) told you to go back to your home country?

Farang Go Home?  

276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

As you well know, most Thais are entirely too polite to say such a thing to an expats face regardless of how much they might want to do so.

You think so?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

As you well know, most Thais are entirely too polite to say such a thing to an expats face regardless of how much they might want to do so.

If looks could send me packing, then I have received this message infrequently over the years...

Given your remarks on Thaivisa about Thais and other asians its no wonder that you get dirty looks. If I had an attitude like that im sure I would not be really popular either.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I've been told that several times, almost invariably when trying to get some Thai to either do their job properly or to stop overcharging or stealing or otherwise bending/breaking the rules.

Just once I was told it at random by some loony in the street whom I didn't know and had never met.

• Like 2

Never by a Thai national. Plenty of expats on online forums have said it with venom. I've no idea why but they usually seem to be Americans.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Nice to see another Thai positive poll meant to bring out the goodness of the relationships between Thais and expats.  

If you read the reply's to the poll, it does seem to be exactly that. Not much bon homie between expats though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Fink the only time was a farang on here.....🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1