Republican support for Trump rises after racially charged tweets - Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

1 hour ago, paddypower said:

absolutely. how can you argue with her statement, about the need to debate US relations with Muslim terrorists?  It was the US government which spirited the Saudi Royal family out of the country days after 9/11. The US still shows total support for what goes on in Saudi Arabia, (including chopping up US residents) despite they supplied the bombers on 9/11. That is what I find incredible. Trump is a coward. 

And it's not over!

"Saudi Arabia and its coalition partners have transferred American-made weapons to al Qaeda-linked fighters, hardline Salafi militias, and other factions waging war in Yemen, in violation of their agreements with the United States, a CNN investigation has found."

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2019/02/middleeast/yemen-lost-us-arms/

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Can we see some evidence of the spike in attacks against poc, or do you mean in the Jessie Smollet sense? The only people who seem to mention race are people like these 4 clown democrats who throw it in all the time, then complain Trump is the one dividing the country!

Words really do have consequences.

According to a new study reported by The Washington Post, counties that hosted political rallies with Donald Trump as the headliner in 2016 saw a 226 percent increase in hate crimes over comparable counties that did not host such a rally in subsequent months.

The three researchers behind the analysis, who are all professors or graduate students of political science at the University of North Texas, aimed to find out whether Trump’s divisive rhetoric on the campaign trail played a role in emboldening white nationalists. Using data from the Anti-Defamation League that maps out reported incidents of hate crimes, the authors designed a metric to measure how Trump’s campaign rallies correlated with incidences of hate crimes.

Their findings: “Trump’s rhetoric may encourage hate crimes.”

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/24/18279807/trump-hate-crimes-study-white-nationalism

Here Are 28 Reported Racist And Violent Incidents After Donald Trump's Victory

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/racist-incidents-after-trumps-victory

Trump's white identity politics agenda is prefaced on ensuring that white people remain the dominant social, political and economic group in the United States. He believes that the people of Puerto Rico -- a U.S. commonwealth where at least 5,000 people died in the wake of Hurricane Maria -- are lazy and do not deserve assistance. As shown by Donald Trump's other behavior, his attitude is likely rooted in animus towards nonwhite, Spanish-speaking people -- who are also more likely to be Democrats. The FBI, the Southern Poverty Law Center and other organizations have documented a large increase in hate crimes and other right-wing political violence beginning with Donald Trump's campaign and through to the third year of his presidency. In 2018 there were at least 1,020 hate groups in the United States. This is a record number, one that has only increased during Trump's time in office. As seen in incidents across the country, this hate groups have too often unleashed lethal violence.

https://www.salon.com/2019/03/30/donald-trump-and-racist-violence-research-points-to-a-clear-connection/

Want more? I could go on and on, all day long. There is plenty of empirical proof, that hate filled language by a leader leads to violence, hatred, and division. Words are not a game. They are powerful things. And they can have deadly consequences. 

There is little doubt that America is a broken nation, that the republican party has sold out to corporate interests, and that Trumps policies have failed. So, there is plenty of reason for him to continue with these tirades, to distract from his astonishing degree of failure, as a politician. His failure rate as a politician, is nearly comparable with his failure rate as a businessman. Five major bankruptcies, and 3,600 lawsuits, at the time he entered the Oval Office, is not exactly what I would describe as a successful man. Sure, he has made some money. But most of it was stolen, from thousands of his victims. 

If one is willing to sacrifice all standards of morality, and decency, one can make some real money, as a criminal enterprise. That is exactly what he has done. 

So there are few REAL hate and race crimes in the USA, why do democrats want to pretend there is. Compared the race of the perpetrators the largest percentage are committed by blacks, some of it fake but more real. Democrats need to try and bring the country together instead of perpetuating myths about large scale discrimination and race hate, along with ditching the white supremacist nonsense scare tactic, it's always divide an scare by the democrats every election.

7 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I support Trump in this latest hate-fest against him. He spoke his mind, which he is entitled to do, not to downplay the fact that he is quite correct. If some people hate the USA so much they can leave and find a more suitable home elsewhere. 

There is no evidence whatsoever that Trump is a racist or bigot or whatever names are being thrown around here. Luckily Donald has clarified matters on his excellent Twitter account.

"Those Tweets were NOT Racist. I don’t have a Racist bone in my body! The so-called vote to be taken is a Democrat con game."

Now that he clarified his comments were not racist, I hope we can finally put the whole matter to bed, and move on with our lives.

Oh well since HE said his comments were not racist then I for one am convinced. I mean it's not like he's lied before now is it?

Your blind devotion to the Orange Buffoon (along with the likes of Boon Mee, Puchaiyank, Orton Road and the rest) is truly something to behold. The guy literally tells people of colour to 'go back home' (a racist phrase that's been used for decades by all racist throughout the world) and this STILL isn't racist to you. 

Well the good news is it is racist to the 4 Republican congressmen who were brave enough to take a stand against Trump by saying:-

Rep. Will Hurd - "I think those tweets are racist, and xenophobic," Hurd said. "They're also inaccurate. The four women he's referring to are actually citizens of the United States. Three of the four were born here. It's also behavior that's unbecoming of the leader of the free world."

"He should be talking about things that unite, not divide us," he added.

Rep. Susan Brooks condemned Trump's "racially offensive remarks" because they "do not reflect American values."  "We must remember our words matter and carry great weight," she said. "Our words and the ways in which we deliver them have a lasting impact on those who hear them."

Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick said "What I disagree with the President on is his tone. I am a Ronald Reagan Republican and that's the area I grew up in."

Rep. Fred Upton "If we're going to bring civility back to the center of our politics, we must speak out against inflammatory rhetoric from anyone in any party anytime it happens. America embraces diversity, and that must continue," he said.

But yeah. it's not racist.

Definatley distracted from the Epstien connection, maybe Donald  could be in the photos taken from the safe? They both have the same moral standards. He knows he won't be able to pardon the paedaphile who is being charged under Federal Laws so it will be interesting how far Potus will take the distractions with his immature and niave foolish and divisive comments.

Some of the words in Reagans last speech before he left the WH read something like this

As we enter the 90's parents are struggling to find ways to teach their children whether to promote America.Don't give up on patriotism even if it doesn't seem stylist ,he said.

It is my opinion that these 4 congresswomen are part of those children he was speaking about.

They are radicals that we hear about in history that would create divisiveness and divide a country and make it ripe to  fall!  

I support patriots who talk about the past and America First

I entirely agree with Trump on this point. If you continually moan about your own country you should go and live somewhere else. However, Trump also said you should come back in due course and give your country the benefit of your experience overseas. This last point is one that leftist media publications conveniently ignore.

6 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

I entirely agree with Trump on this point. If you continually moan about your own country you should go and live somewhere else.

First, why not stay in what is, after all, YOUR country and try to fix the problem instead of throwing up your hands and leaving?  Your suggestion is cowardly.

Secondly, if one is not a citizen of another country, how is one expected to "go and live there"? Your suggestion is unrealistic.

So to sum up, your suggestion is cowardly and unrealistic.

the political move (racist tweets) finds support because it builds on a normal feeling of resentment of the people who consider themselves as "true" nationals vs "new nationals".

the feel the "new nationals" import values that are alien to them and therefore bad for the country.

that feeling is a somewhat justified because most "new nationals" will have experienced racism and discrimination, so they will naturally have another position on social policies.

I don't know why anyone is surprised by the OP.  It is neither a vindication of Trump nor his actions; it's a highlighting of the monstrous views and lack of morals of his supporters.

This means Trump was probably right when he said he could shoot somebody on Fifth Ave and not lose any supporters.  That doesn't mean shooting people on Fifth Ave is okay, it means his supporters are just awful enough to find it okay.

652954456_trumpshootsunclesam.jpg.77d3bd9e691ccb52e9a8c0d31a03404b.jpg

8 hours ago, quandow said:

I just saw an interview of a Republican governor who flat out admitted that yes, the tweet WAS racist. Four Republican members of congress along with the Democrats condemned Trump for his racist tweets. You KNOW when even some of the Republicans are admitting Trump is a racist that the fabric of Trump's racist foundation is being recognized for what it is and is coming undone.

So one governor made that claim. And you in your trump hating manner took his word as gospel. Simply because you can't or won't accept that perhaps his comment was not as bad as the democrats want you to believe. Or perhaps you simply took his word for it because it suits your requirement to continue president bashing. 

2 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

So one governor made that claim. And you in your trump hating manner took his word as gospel. Simply because you can't or won't accept that perhaps his comment was not as bad as the democrats want you to believe. Or perhaps you simply took his word for it because it suits your requirement to continue president bashing. 

I think that read his words, people are able to make up their own minds about how they found his comments.

It does not necessarily reflect whether they support the Democrats or any political party.

Some may just find his remarks unacceptable.

9 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I support Trump in this latest hate-fest against him. He spoke his mind, which he is entitled to do, not to downplay the fact that he is quite correct. If some people hate the USA so much they can leave and find a more suitable home elsewhere. 

There is no evidence whatsoever that Trump is a racist or bigot or whatever names are being thrown around here. Luckily Donald has clarified matters on his excellent Twitter account.

"Those Tweets were NOT Racist. I don’t have a Racist bone in my body! The so-called vote to be taken is a Democrat con game."

Now that he clarified his comments were not racist, I hope we can finally put the whole matter to bed, and move on with our lives.

As an American it is my civic duty as a citizen to press for my country to reach for the ideals which is not found in support of the words, policies and actions of the current administration. It is not "my country, right or wrong". It is denounce wrong, demand redress of grievances ... do you forget that these are central to the country's founding?!

7 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

One of these communist women described 9/11 as 'something some people did' then lied about Muslims having their civil rights taken away after, painting them the victims. Another has said growing cauliflowers is 'colonial' and lies about illegal immigrants having to drink toilet water. I support the president, he did not mention race at all.

Amen to that!!!

The posts defending Trump in this thread are among the scariest things I've ever come across on ThaiVisa and that includes policy announcements by the Immigration Department.  Sadly, for most of the free world post #46 probably is closest to revealing the truth about those who seem to be able to close their eyes and overlook almost anything he chooses to do or say.

To the poster who pointed out that the rest of the world isn't in such good shape, you're spot on - this is a very difficult time for many, but to entrust the leadership of probably the most powerful country on earth to someone who appears not to think before he speaks in public doesn't make the prospects any better.

Heaven help us all when Boris Johnson moves into No. 10....

13 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

As an American it is my civic duty as a citizen to press for my country to reach for the ideals which is not found in support of the words, policies and actions of the current administration. It is not "my country, right or wrong". It is denounce wrong, demand redress of grievances ... do you forget that these are central to the country's founding?!

Are you quoting someone because the script was all in highlight.

12 minutes ago, Greenside said:

The posts defending Trump in this thread are among the scariest things I've ever come across on ThaiVisa and that includes policy announcements by the Immigration Department.  Sadly, for most of the free world post #46 probably is closest to revealing the truth about those who seem to be able to close their eyes and overlook almost anything he chooses to do or say.

To the poster who pointed out that the rest of the world isn't in such good shape, you're spot on - this is a very difficult time for many, but to entrust the leadership of probably the most powerful country on earth to someone who appears not to think before he speaks in public doesn't make the prospects any better.

Heaven help us all when Boris Johnson moves into No. 10....

You got a better choice to save Americans from the far left taking control

4 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

<snip> ditching the white supremacist nonsense scare tactic, it's always divide an scare by the democrats every election.

Classic Orwellian speak. Some actual facts in response to your nonsense

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/the-facts-on-white-nationalism/

https://www.dhs.gov/publication/reference-aid-us-violent-white-supremacist-extremists

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2019/our-radar-violence-and-movement

3 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Or perhaps when you tell native born americans who just happen to have complexion a bit darker than Trump's to go back where they come from, that make it obvious that he's a bigot.

Don't need a governor of any party to know it was racist. It's right there out in the open for anyone to see. Enough with the gaslighting. The tweet was racist. FACT.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived