Republican support for Trump rises after racially charged tweets - Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

His son-in-law is a Jew - white.

his father an immigrant - white

his wife not 'originally' from USA - but also white

Do you see a pattern forming?

Yes, I do. A pattern of  attacks that has to stretch back 40 years to dig up dirt. Reminds me of the Harris\Biden dustup at the debate. They were talking seventies stuff too.

Trump's loudmouth persona is part and parcel of being a businessman from New York City.  He's cultivated a larger-than-life image for decades and frankly people are used to it by now.  Should be no shock that he blurts out stupid stuff from time to time.  Kind of sad to see the media and the commentariat getting so worked up over it though. 

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Yes, I do. A pattern of  attacks that has to stretch back 40 years to dig up dirt. Reminds me of the Harris\Biden dustup at the debate. They were talking seventies stuff too.

Trump's loudmouth persona is part and parcel of being a businessman from New York City.  He's cultivated a larger-than-life image for decades and frankly people are used to it by now.  Should be no shock that he blurts out stupid stuff from time to time.  Kind of sad to see the media and the commentariat getting so worked up over it though. 

Most business people engage their brain before engaging their mouth of fingers.

Trump has no "filters", and is an embarrassment to say the very least

He has insulted more "leaders" than any other POTUS in my memory, and thinks he is "loved".

I think it is sad he has no insight into his behaviours, or how any many think of him.

1 hour ago, 300sd said:

No, Omar.....and doesn't matter to me what party she represents...Obviously a lot of people like her....can't imagine why! Of course don't get me wrong..Trump should keep his big tweet shut in my opinion...

She's just a freshman house member representing one district. The importance of this "squad" is marginal. Of course AOC is a star of some kind but for all we know she'll end up being flavor of the month. 

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

As a businessman in New York he can be as big mouthed as he wishes. As President of the United States he cant. 

Not sure why people don’t get this. 

17 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

His son-in-law is a Jew - white.

his father an immigrant - white

his wife not 'originally' from USA - but also white

Do you see a pattern forming?

Dang that applies to almost everyone I know. Many of my coloured friends have coloured families too as people tend to marry and have families with similar backgrounds. I don't think we can condemn Trump for this to be fair and I think Ben Carson would agree. 

17 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

As much as I hate Trump I'm going to agree with a lot of what you have said. He is not that much different than a lot of NY'ers, whom I despise for the most part BTW. Angry, hateful, devious, flim flammers; that describes a lot of NY'ers. I've also known many that were the salt of the Earth; working class Jewish and Irish mostly. The big money flim flammers are mostly WASPS and Jews.

10 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

As much as I hate Trump I'm going to agree with a lot of what you have said. He is not that much different than a lot of NY'ers, whom I despise for the most part BTW. Angry, hateful, devious, flim flammers; that describes a lot of NY'ers. I've also known many that were the salt of the Earth; working class Jewish and Irish mostly. The big money flim flammers are mostly WASPS and Jews.

The same guy who denounces prejudices against all sorts of Americans, manages once again to come up with bigoted comments about new yorkers. But thanks for declaring your bigotry openly.

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Dang that applies to almost everyone I know. Many of my coloured friends have coloured families too as people tend to marry and have families with similar backgrounds. I don't think we can condemn Trump for this to be fair and I think Ben Carson would agree. 

Ahhh Ben Carson....... the token black guy in a vastly white cabinet.

Do you know that Trump has one of the whitest cabinets in recent memory with a staggering 86.4% and not a single Hispanic to be seen?

https://www.univision.com/noticias/politica/trumps-cabinet-is-far-from-reflecting-the-racial-diversity-of-the-united-states

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

The same guy who denounces prejudices against all sorts of Americans, manages once again to come up with bigoted comments about new yorkers. But thanks for declaring your bigotry openly.

I would have thought a guy from Bristol might have got to NY once in a while. Well, since you never did, now you know. I mean, if you HAD been there you'd either have to be a liar or an idiot not to somewhat agree. 

It's not bigotry, it's objective fact. Any NY'er will tell you the same. That's one of the thing's I like about them.

4 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I would have thought a guy from Bristol might have got to NY once in a while. Well, since you never did, now you know. I mean, if you HAD been there you'd either have to be a liar or an idiot not to somewhat agree. 

It's not bigotry, it's objective fact. Any NY'er will tell you the same. That's one of the thing's I like about them.

Got news for you, My parents came from The Bronx and Brooklyn. I got a lot of  family in NY, I lived there for years. Your attitude about this cohort of your fellow Americans is disgusting. The same guy who decries stereotypes about people in Trump country indulges in some really ugly ones about New Yorkers. Such a hypocrite.

ANd you're not even a competent liar. Here's what you wrote in your last post:

"He is not that much different than a lot of NY'ers, whom I despise for the most part BTW. Angry, hateful, devious, flim flammers; that describes a lot of NY'ers."

And now you write this:

"It's not bigotry, it's objective fact. Any NY'er will tell you the same. That's one of the thing's I like about them."

Spin that away. 

59 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Got news for you, My parents came from The Bronx and Brooklyn. I got a lot of  family in NY, I lived there for years. Your attitude about this cohort of your fellow Americans is disgusting. The same guy who decries stereotypes about people in Trump country indulges in some really ugly ones about New Yorkers. Such a hypocrite.

ANd you're not even a competent liar. Here's what you wrote in your last post:

"He is not that much different than a lot of NY'ers, whom I despise for the most part BTW. Angry, hateful, devious, flim flammers; that describes a lot of NY'ers."

And now you write this:

"It's not bigotry, it's objective fact. Any NY'er will tell you the same. That's one of the thing's I like about them."

Spin that away. 

I've got a buddy from Queens, owns a commercial building there. Moved to Great Neck and then on to Boca. Salt of the Earth.

Here a lesson for the racists (doubt if they get it but you never know:

Gringo (a): - Hi, where are you from?

Mexican: - Hi, I’m from Mexico

Gringo (a): - Ah! The land of Chapo Guzmán, narcos, marihuana, crime and extortion.

Mexican -I’m sorry, are you a drug addict or a TV junkie?

Gringo (a) - No!!! Why?

Mexican -Because if you were an athlete or sports fan, you would have identified Mexico with Ana Guevara, Hugo Sanchez, Julio Cesar Chavez, Finito, Chicharito Hernandez, Canelo Alvarez, Rafael Marquez, etc.

If you were an educated person, you would have asked about the Aztec empire, the Mayan culture, the Olmecs or any other of the great mesoamerican cultures.

If you were a well traveled person you would have talked about our majestic archaeological sites, our tourist-friendly colonial cities, our megalopolis or our exotic beaches… the astonishing biodiversity of our rainforests, mountain ranges, deserts, conifer forests…

You could have identified Mexico with our great painters, Diego Rivera, Rufino Tamayo, Frida Khalo, José Clemente Orozco; our composers: Agustín Lara, Consuelo Velázquez, Armando Manzanero, Juan Gabriel Jose Alfredo Jimenez, our writers and poets: Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz, Juan Rulfo, Octavio Paz, Juan José Arreola, Elena Poniatowska, Amado Nervo, Jaime Sabines;

our inventors or scientists: Manuel Mondragón, Guillermo González Camarera, Luis Ernesto Miramontes; our cinematographers: Ismael Rodríguez, Emilio Fernández, Alfonso Cuaron, Guillermo del Toro, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Emmanuel Lubezki, and even Luis Buñuel, who, being originally from Spain, chose to adopt the Mexican nationality...

If you were a gourmand, you would have asked about Tamales, Cochinita Pibil, Mole, Adobo, Chilaquiles, Chiles en nogada, Guacamole, Pan de Muerto, etc. Or our traditional beverages: Tequila, Mezcal, wines and beers.

However, I can see, the only thing you can relate to Mexico is the provider to American drug addicts...

I just want you to realize that México is a lot more than what ignorant people and fear-mongering media knows or chooses to propagate.

There are millions of honest Mexicans, who even without knowing you, will open the door to our homes, and that if you care to visit, you will love to get to know us and to visit us. Mexico is even more than I can possibly tell you!

22 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I've got a buddy from Queens, owns a commercial building there. Moved to Great Neck and then on to Boca. Salt of the Earth.

Oh, so that explains away this?

Or in other words there's some good ones but most are bad. Where have we seen or heard that kind of comment before. Hmmm...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 1:40 PM, spidermike007 said:

You are speaking such nonsense, it is hard to even comment on it. Because I criticize some things here in Thailand, does that mean I hate Thailand? How about you? Does that mean I should return to the US? Such utter foolishness. Sorry, but you have been consuming way, way too much kool aid.

First of all the land that Trump speaks of, with regard to three of these women, is the USA. Second, when he says that their home countries are corrupt, and poorly governed, though he may be right (in terms of their ancestry), he failed to take into account they are US citizens. So, he was mistakenly referring to the US! Thirdly, when he was criticizing them for having the temerity to blast "the greatest country on earth", he failed to take into account that they are lawmakers. They are duly elected congresswomen. If they do not stand up for what needs to be fixed, who will? Now con woman Conway is going a step further, and lying about these women hating our troops. Where does this nonsense end? Civil war? 

What he said was absolutely racist, and the man despises people of color. And he despises women of color, who are powerful, even more! He is a hate monger. A divider. A dangerous man. It is a fact that in the counties where he holds his rallies, violence against people of color spike, after the rallies. He was not speaking his mind. What he was doing was simple juvenile retaliation for the criticism leveled against him, which he cannot handle, because he is not man enough to deal with it.

Excellent comment! Cheers!

Archived