Take Home Coffee

JimmyTheMook

Foodland has a good selection of coffee for brewing at home.

Any opinions on the ground bean Bon Cafe brand for home brewing - seems a staple in most 

restaurants where I do like the taste.

Then there are a few Chiang Mai Doi Tung type brands.

Any skinny on the fat?

Boncafe and Duangdee from foodland is OK.

Once a month buy coffee at the Ratika shop in Paholyothin (half kilo of French roast and a half Kilo of their Blaze blend and mix them together 50/50 for a good cup of daily coffee at home.

47 minutes ago, canopus1969 said:

Interesting  ????    Never used or tried any of these suppliers ..have you personally ordered from any of the above ??  if so ,which firm and which coffees can you recommend > and what is the delivery time from order to door ?

15 hours ago, banglay said:

Interesting  ????    Never used or tried any of these suppliers ..have you personally ordered from any of the above ??  if so ,which firm and which coffees can you recommend > and what is the delivery time from order to door ?

The Alti and Lao Mountain are good - as for which bean that is down to personal taste as which type of bean (I prefer a mild bean for my V60 drip with my Handground set to #2)

3 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

The Alti and Lao Mountain are good - as for which bean that is down to personal taste as which type of bean (I prefer a mild bean for my V60 drip with my Handground set to #2)

So which bean type do you actually order?? ..I prefer a milder blend too

From the 2 classes of coffee in the world, (Arabica and Robusta), I choose taste of the last. I buy the beans in Rim Ping which you can choose from a variety...Brazilian, Colombian.

I like to use in the mixer, the Bitter and strong fresh beans.

Hill tribes from the north sell a ecologic Arabica coffee, but soft IMHO.

47 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

From the 2 classes of coffee in the world, (Arabica and Robusta), I choose taste of the last. I buy the beans in Rim Ping which you can choose from a variety...Brazilian, Colombian.

I like to use in the mixer, the Bitter and strong fresh beans.

Hill tribes from the north sell a ecologic Arabica coffee, but soft IMHO.

Agree that Arabica usually are the milder beans but then I prefer that to the harsher Rombusta

On 7/17/2019 at 8:42 AM, bkk6060 said:

I buy Bon Cafe at their shop and grind it there.

I like the espresso beans strong flavor but not bitter.

For years and years I bought Bon Cafe Beans, sometimes from their shop, mostly from Carrefour/Big CX, my Saeco coffee maker did the grinding. 

Archived