The rich in Thailand still getting away with it! Victims in "Praewa" crash said they got nothing

webfact

16 hours ago, ocddave said:

I think the only acceptable form of justice would be to burn her and her family alive in a vehicle, let them have their smartphones so they can send their last message before they die.

Don't you mean selfies?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Derek B said:

I such a case as this I would for the first time ever contribute to a go-fund-me plan to employ a decent honest lawyer to pursue the driver & her insurance company for compensation to at least that recommended by the court plus aggravated damages from not paying up todate. Problem being where would one find a competent honest lawyer willing to take on a high society lawyer.

Problem is finding an honest lawyer in Thailand.

By my experiences they are all selfseving underhanded scumbags.

And the courts know it and allow it.

4 hours ago, Derek B said:

I such a case as this I would for the first time ever contribute to a go-fund-me plan to employ a decent honest lawyer to pursue the driver & her insurance company for compensation to at least that recommended by the court plus aggravated damages from not paying up todate. Problem being where would one find a competent honest lawyer willing to take on a high society lawyer.

Dont waste your time. Firstly it's virtually impossible to find an honest Thai lawyer and secondly if you do he won't dare challenge the utterly corrupt judicial system.

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Praewa’s mother assures the families of victims will be fully compensated

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/praewas-mother-assures-the-families-of-victims-will-be-fully-compensated/

Nine years to begin to sell assets, and asking for the government to pay first, and wait from repayment?

Sounds like a total scam to me.

But maybe I am cynical 

The rich in Thailand are above the law. This article is a good example of that.

The only thing the victims families can do is put money together and seek local

justice. Hire some Angels to locate the family and do them all.  Karma Justice..

Geezer

The rich in Thailand are above the law. This article is a good example of that.
  The only thing the victims families can do is put money together and seek local
justice. Hire some Angels to locate the family and do them all.  Karma Justice..
  Geezer
Can they start a gofundme page on that basis?

Sent from my mobile telegraph station in morse code using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 7/17/2019 at 9:09 PM, snoop1130 said:

Since the defendants had reportedly not obeyed the court’s order, Tawatchai said the victims could submit a request to a court to issue a legal execution warrant and seize the defendants’ assets instead. He therefore urged the victims to seek help from the Legal Execution Department or the Justice Ministry joint service centre.

Unfortunately, "This is Thailand" and as such, I'll believe it when I see it.  Wake me up in another 9 years.

• 2 weeks later...

That they are sociopaths aside - not sure why everybody assumes the family is rich - I mean she drove a Honda Civic.

I am not making this up - many years ago I was called by a friend in my home country who had befriended a Thai woman who had been working there legally but had her passport taken away by her employer - which was illegal.

After I enquired with a friend of mine in the immigration police they raided the place in the country side . A sleazy brothel- there where apart from others 3 Thai women employed officially as “dancers”.

When the police returned the 3 passports to me and I handed them back to the women I checked for their names and myself and a Thai friend who had been translating for the police where a bit shocked when we saw one women’s surname was “Na Ayutthaya “ - then I knew it happens in the best families here.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived