Easy as pie! Nigerian E-mail scammer nabbed as he walks into Chaeng Wattana immigration

webfact

Easy as pie! Nigerian E-mail scammer nabbed as he walks into Chaeng Wattana immigration

3pm.jpg.a17740e93d0c1343d0aa17c2d256ab51
Picture: Daily News

Immigration police had to do very little to arrest a major player in a Nigerian E-mail scam.

The suspect came to them!

Immigration at Chaeng Wattana in Bangkok had been told by a person seeking a reward for information that Bertrand Ifeanychukwu Akile would be on his way to do some immigration business. 

Instead Pol Maj-Gen Phaiboon Noihun and his team were waiting with a warrant for fraud, false pretenses, false documents and taking part in international crime. 

He wasn't smiling but spokesman Pol Col Siriwat Deephor was:

"It was as easy as pie," he said. "He just came to us". 

Akile was involved as part of a 100 million baht scam headed by Onyekachukwu Elvis Smart Ekbule who is already in custody. 

It has been reported in the past that there are more than 1,000 Nigerians doing time in Thai prisons. Many of them are scammers, con artists and drug dealers.

They represent the largest foreign community in Thai jails.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-17

7 minutes ago, Denim said:

I am kind of curious as to why Nigerians flock here to do their scamming ? 

Is this a problem in Vietnam, Indonesia or the Philippines too or is it just here?

As someone once said, "Never underestimate the stupidity of your customers."

18 minutes ago, Denim said:

Is this a problem in Vietnam, Indonesia or the Philippines too or is it just here?

They are in every country . It’s easier to get money sent to offshore accounts then to Nigeria (where everyone knows it’s scam central)

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

As someone once said, "Never underestimate the stupidity of your customers."

Doubt it's a problem with Thailand, the problem lies inherently with nigerians and all scammers (india, etc.) who take advantage of these countries to set up shop.  But things are likely changing in Thailand with crackdowns on scams, illegal immigration, etc.

10 minutes ago, reefsurfah said:

Doubt it's a problem with Thailand, the problem lies inherently with nigerians and all scammers (india, etc.) who take advantage of these countries to set up shop.  But things are likely changing in Thailand with crackdowns on scams, illegal immigration, etc.

Forgot farang scammers from bitcoin to credit cards ????

I wonder which one he was: the general, the former minister, the principle private secretary, the bank manager, the lawyer for the deceased estate ... 

If Elvis escapes, then can we say that Elvis has left the building?

6 minutes ago, Thaifriends said:

Forgot farang scammers from bitcoin to credit cards ????

Indeed ????  always do your due diligence and if there is not one single reason not to like a deal, then its a scam, "too good to be true".

53 minutes ago, webfact said:

"It was as easy as pie," he said. "He just came to us". 

Presumably if they hadn't been tipped off he would have walked in, done his business and gone straight back out the door.

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

Presumably if they hadn't been tipped off he would have walked in, done his business and gone straight back out the door.

If his immigration status was in order and his whereabouts weren't known or he wasn't wanted, why shouldn't he have left without a problem? 

I am beginning to think my hot online dame babe with 44 bust who works as a female pilot when not doctoring might be trying to play me for a fool. Won't be sending her any more gifts or cash until I see her knockers wobble on a skype chat. We shell soon see !!

Or not perhaps.

2 hours ago, Denim said:

I am beginning to think my hot online dame babe with 44 bust who works as a female pilot when not doctoring might be trying to play me for a fool. Won't be sending her any more gifts or cash until I see her knockers wobble on a skype chat. We shell soon see !!

Or not perhaps.

Make sure she is performing a craniotomy as she shimmies for you, then you can be certain she is genuine 

Why were Immigration so lazy they had to wait for him to go to Chaengwattana?  Surely they had his address from when he entered Thailand, and his 90 day reports, and his TM.30 reports.  They could have picked him up ages ago.

Or is it only honest people comply with the ridiculous address-reporting regime?

7 hours ago, Denim said:

Going by the news, there seems a larger percentage of Thai women get scammed by that "Import tax duty" scam.

ie. the small tax Thai women pay when these guys are gonna send them lots of gold, Iphones and money.

Im not sure if its been a thing for such largish numbers of females getting duped so easy in other countries?

As always, it comes down to 2 things.. greed and stupidity.

They are clever enough to go where the easy marks are, and they can live here reasonably cheap.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Immigration at Chaeng Wattana in Bangkok had been told by a person seeking a reward for information that Bertrand Ifeanychukwu Akile would be on his way to do some immigration business. 

otherwise he would have just been in and out with a new visa no problemo. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

It has been reported in the past that there are more than 1,000 Nigerians doing time in Thai prisons. Many of them are scammers, con artists and drug dealers.

They represent the largest foreign community in Thai jails.

there goes the neighborhood.

Archived