Easy as pie! Nigerian E-mail scammer nabbed as he walks into Chaeng Wattana immigration

webfact

Nigerians are famous the world over for their scams with the Nigerian Prince scam and other inheritance scams being the best known in the English speaking world. Romance scams the most popular in Thailand. Glad that this guy was caught and I am confident he will be joining friends in the slammer.  :thumbsup:

ATTENTION TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC 

I want the general public to ignore this news as its fake and unfounded. This is to show the level of intimidation we the Africans are going through in the hand of Thailand police and immigration. As  i await the advise of my lawyer to sue this news platform,i want you all to know that i am not in any custody as reported by this news and i never had any case of 100 million baht as reported by this news.

Sometimes in 2015 the police came to my company there in Thailand that  a man was defrauded the sum of 215,000 baht of which 6,000 baht was transferred to my companies account. I told them if its true,then a customer must have done that as i dont have control over those who pay me for goods purchased. Immediately,i moved into action to know who did that and the person was traced and arrested. He told the police that he transfered the money as his picture was captured. But the police thinking they can frame up charges against everybody and go with it refused to release me or grant me bail.

I went ahead to fight my innocence in the court of law there in thailand.

What have 6,000 baht got to do with 215,000 baht the judge asked the police and prosecutor. I was rejected bail 7 times  because i was fighting my innocence. I won the case in the first court to which the prosecutor appealed and i won in the second court too and all those court judgements are here with me. Because the police was afraid that i was going to claim damages, they quickly too me out of the country that same day i was discharged from court on 30/8/2016.
The man ifeanyi that was arrested, that was  the warrant that was issued long ago and i have won that case in first and second court. I believe the immigration have not cleared their system to such arrested him
As i await the advise of my lawyer, i want the world to know that i am not in any  custody as alleged.
Again, i didn't have any case of any 100 million baht as alleged here. 
The case i had was that 6,000 baht was transferred to my company account by my customer who bought goods from my company. With this the world can see the lies of the media 

21 minutes ago, Blissgold said:

I want the general public to ignore this news as its fake and unfounded. This is to show the level of intimidation we the Africans are going through in the hand of Thailand police and immigration. As  i await the advise of my lawyer to sue this news platform,i want you all to know that i am not in any custody as reported by this news and i never had any case of 100 million baht as reported by this news.

Sometimes in 2015 the police came to my company there in Thailand that  a man was defrauded the sum of 215,000 baht of which 6,000 baht was transferred to my companies account. I told them if its true,then a customer must have done that as i dont have control over those who pay me for goods purchased. Immediately,i moved into action to know who did that and the person was traced and arrested. He told the police that he transfered the money as his picture was captured. But the police thinking they can frame up charges against everybody and go with it refused to release me or grant me bail.

What have 6,000 baht got to do with 215,000 baht the judge asked the police and prosecutor. I was rejected bail 7 times  because i was fighting my innocence. I won the case in the first court to which the prosecutor appealed and i won in the second court too and all those court judgements are here with me. Because the police was afraid that i was going to claim damages, they quickly too me out of the country that same day i was discharged from court on 30/8/2016.
The man ifeanyi that was arrested, that was  the warrant that was issued long ago and i have won that case in first and second court. I believe the immigration have not cleared their system to such arrested him
As i await the advise of my lawyer, i want the world to know that i am not in any  custody as alleged.
The case i had was that 6,000 baht was transferred to my company account by my customer who bought goods from my company. With this the world can see the lies of the media 

Wow...Are you for real? Are you saying you're not in custody and you're somewhere outside Thailand? Would you be willing to put up copies of documents to prove you were cleared of this allegation? I'm sure TVF members would like to know...

18 hours ago, webfact said:

They represent the largest foreign community in Thai jails

To me this is an amazing statistic.  One might naively think that the largest prison foreign community might consist of people from the countries that have the largest presence in Thailand, factoring in some behavioral traits maybe.  This seems to show that Nigerians rank very high on the criminality per capita statistic since I am sure they are not one of the largest numbers of tourists.  According to wikipedia Nigeria is not even in the top 25 by nationality visitors to Thailand

10 hours ago, Blissgold said:

With the greatest respect how do we know this post is for real?

On 7/17/2019 at 11:33 AM, Cadbury said:

Presumably if they hadn't been tipped off he would have walked in, done his business and gone straight back out the door.

I wondered who would be first.

They put out a reward for information leading to his capture. Someone gave them that information to earn the reward.

It's called police work and it's done all over the world. Yes, even in Thailand.

On 7/17/2019 at 11:20 PM, Blissgold said:

Wait for it.

'I will win Bht250m from this news platform in damages. All I need is 10 people to assist me with Bht30k for my legal expenses, who will be rewarded with 10x their donation when I win, I promise them.'

7 hours ago, Traubert said:

I wondered who would be first.

They put out a reward for information leading to his capture. Someone gave them that information to earn the reward.

It's called police work and it's done all over the world. Yes, even in Thailand.

I also wondered who would be the first not to read the story properly.

If you had worn your glasses you might have noticed that there was no mention about a reward being offered for his capture. 

It was about some so called "spy" calling and hoping to receive a payoff by offering up information. Maybe the police responded to his request for money or something or maybe they didn't.

Just in case you are not aware the RTP are more inclined to pay themselves the rewards they offer for capture of the baddies. The classic example being the 2,600,000 thb reward offered by the RTP for the Erawan Shrine bombing.

It was so tempting they promptly paid it to themselves rather than the informant.

That's NOT something that's done all over the world now is it? Only in Thailand.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/31/thai-police-pay-themselves-55000-reward-for-bombing-arrest

stacks money.jpg

On 7/19/2019 at 7:10 AM, Cadbury said:

I also wondered who would be the first not to read the story properly.

You are hardly one to call out other people when they fail to read the story properly.

Your signature is a misquote:

"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity"

Albert Einstein

No evidence he ever said or wrote that.

2 hours ago, Oxx said:

You are hardly one to call out other people when they fail to read the story properly.

Your signature is a misquote:

"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity"

Albert Einstein

No evidence he ever said or wrote that.

Pathetic! Nice try but no cigar. You can do better than that. I rate that response as a 2/5. 

16 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Pathetic! Nice try but no cigar. You can do better than that. I rate that response as a 2/5. 

Pathetic? And precisely what part of my comment was inaccurate? I'm pretty sure your signature rates 0/5 for being utterly clueless.

Oh, and I notice you haven't bothered to change your signature.  I guess you have no interest in factual accuracy.

4 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Pathetic? And precisely what part of my comment was inaccurate? I'm pretty sure your signature rates 0/5 for being utterly clueless.

Oh, and I notice you haven't bothered to change your signature.  I guess you have no interest in factual accuracy.

Go to bed you will feel better in the morning. Believe me. Goodnight!

Most of the western world is well aware of Nigerian scams so they moved on to Asia where not only people are not aware but also greedy. How else could they get 100 million and counting?????

all the i sent you good , you go pay a little and pick it up or along the lines 

On 7/17/2019 at 10:20 PM, Blissgold said:

Again, i didn't have any case of any 100 million baht as alleged here

What an amazing first post! Of course would all believe you. I don't and I'm not a Thai copper. 

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

Most of the western world is well aware of Nigerian scams so they moved on to Asia where not only people are not aware but also greedy. How else could they get 100 million and counting?????

all the i sent you good , you go pay a little and pick it up or along the lines 

Have you read  Blissgold's first post? The handyman who didn't do anything wrong. That's what he says, but who'd believe you? Not even my Thai mother in law would.

35 minutes ago, Oxx said:

On what stuff are you on? Would you mind to share a nit? 

On 7/17/2019 at 9:08 PM, Ulic said:

Nigerians are famous the world over for their scams with the Nigerian Prince scam and other inheritance scams being the best known in the English speaking world. Romance scams the most popular in Thailand. Glad that this guy was caught and I am confident he will be joining friends in the slammer.  :thumbsup:

But you can ask any of them. They are all innocent. And they swear by their god. I'm just wondering what kind of they have.

A god who likes to hear their lies on daily basis? 

On 7/17/2019 at 10:41 PM, jessebkk1 said:

Wow...Are you for real? Are you saying you're not in custody and you're somewhere outside Thailand? Would you be willing to put up copies of documents to prove you were cleared of this allegation? I'm sure TVF members would like to know...

Of course he can't. He's one of two friends trying to make it look like a lie. Yes, please show us some documents that state that you're innocent and all will be different. 

To me this is an amazing statistic.  One might naively think that the largest prison foreign community might consist of people from the countries that have the largest presence in Thailand, factoring in some behavioral traits maybe.  This seems to show that Nigerians rank very high on the criminality per capita statistic since I am sure they are not one of the largest numbers of tourists.  According to wikipedia Nigeria is not even in the top 25 by nationality visitors to Thailand

A little out of date but a quick search couldn’t find anything more recent:

TOP 10 OF FOREIGN NATIONALS IN THAI PRISONS (2009)

1. Myanmar (3,787)

2. Lao (1,994)

3. Cambodia (1,445)

4. Malaysia (325)

5. China (252)

6. Singapore (115)

7. Nigeria (94)

8. Taiwan (91)

9. Vietnam (85)

10. Ghana (65)

http://www.thaiprisonlife.com/thai-prison-statistics/

But then again this more recent link confirms over a 1000 Nigerians in Thai prisons.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1007768-about-1000-nigerians-in-thailand-prison-%E2%80%93ambassador/#comments

But surely Burma/Lao/Cambodia are still top?

Archived